main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harris, PA FANFILM: Power Trip: A Gonk Droid's Tale shooting in Schuylkill County

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jaren_Valnor, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    (I posted this in the Fanfilms forum, but this seems like an appropriate place to do so as well)

Greetings, all, I'm a film student at Penn State University looking at using my Star Wars fanfilm as my portfolio piece needed to progress to my junior year. So long as I retain creative control, I am allowed [and encouraged] to seek help from the film community at large, and where better to start than here? I have a 5 2/8p script completed for POWER TRIP: A Gonk Droid's Tale. Here's our pitch:

"Power Trip: A Gonk Droid?s Tale is a comedy about a gonk droid who tries to be a hero in the vein of R2-D2 and C-3PO. After a series of misadventures, GNK-1138 realizes sometimes heroism isn?t about being extraordinary, but rather about performing to the best of one?s own abilities.

Power Trip features classic Star Wars characters, from the major players like Han Solo, to supporting characters like Watto, to the fringe of the galaxy, and even Anakin Skywalker?s childhood friend, Wald. From sandcrawlers to stormtroopers, this short film by writer/director Ryan Miorelli takes us back to the classic Star Wars universe we know and love to show us what it really is to be a hero."

I'm based out of Schuylkill County, PA, and was wondering if anyone was interested in the project in the area. I'm looking at shooting in April sometime. While I've always been fairly good at the production and prop construction side of filmmaking [having done both professionally for clients including PBS and Nickelodeon], I was never good at the technical aspects, particularly G&E and camera type stuff. Is anyone interested in helping out? [We have no equipment, and, being based out of a satellite campus, will be hard-pressed to get any from the school. Ugh.]

Also, there are a few 3D shots that we'll need assistance with. The Millennium Falcon, landed, must be added to a live-action shot of a forest clearing. Also needed are establishing shots of a sandcrawler in the Dune Sea, the Dune Sea itself, Mos Espa, and the Rebel base on Yavin IV. Would anyone be able to help me out with this?

Last but not least I'd like to add that although all film characters will be shown from the waist down [to show the Gonk's point of view], it'd be great if anyone in the area has stormtrooper armor, an Imperial officer's uniform, a Chewie costume, a Han costume, or a Leia costume and would be willing to be on set for one day only in April. Han, Chewie, and Leia are only shown from the waist down.

Thanks for everything and sorry for the length of my post, mtFbwy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.