FanFilm(s)

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by sithspawn35, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Another idea for a chamber would be a local movie theatre in my town that was donated to the Salisbury Arts Council. I am POSITIVE they would be willing to co-operate. I know people on the board. One of the theaters in it even has a balcony. (It was the same theatre I saw Jedi in back in 1983!) I know it's a bit of a hike for most, But I know it's available. (And REALLY close to Ocean city for an after shoot party! Seacrets anyone?)
  2. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    A theater might work for something. We'd probably want to avoid showing the seats and the screen.
  3. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

Not Salisbury. I could always visit my mom and grandparents. Always a bright side.
  4. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

Hmm, maybe the Senator or Uptown in D.C. would work out something w/us??? Worth a shot at least, right?
  5. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members:
    Here is part of my idea for the film. This scene will involve the Jedi Padawan and the Sith Apprentice in an incredible fight.

Characters:
    Geen Tobar: Human, Jedi Apprentice
    Hoctumar Marcloon: Human, Sith Apprentice
    Ambassador Proliut Caskassi: Alien (Not decided yet)

Place:
    City - Napusoliria
    Planet (Not decided yet)

Enjoy! :D

The climate had turned humid. The heat caused by it could only mean one thing, rain. The sky was already becoming dark by the clouds forming. Geen Tobar, a Jedi apprentice, walked the street slowly. He looked at the top of the buildings, sensing with the Force, looking for any trace of Hoctumar Marcloon. Hoctumar was a Sith apprentice, responsible for the death of many civilians. Also it was suspected that his Master (Mogook?s Character), was responsible for a plot to kill Ambassador Proliut Caskassi.

Ambassador Caskassi had been the main supporter of the Free Market Law that reigned in this city of Napusoliria. He had shown interest in this city after the many rumours of intrigue, corruption, crime and unlawfulness that kept citizens on the edge. He had shown strength, knowledge, and character by fighting this government. He had come with the mission of supervising the ongoing process of changing the political leaders.

Geen Tobar was a young man, short in stature but tall in principles. He had begun the training for Jedi Knight for some years now. But he had declined the final examination because he wanted to learn more about the Force through the tutelage from the academy in Yavin IV. He came from the region or Corellia, but his family was originally from Tatooine. He had black hair, that he kept short. His brown eyes were sincere but serious. He liked to wear goggles to improve his vision and to protect his eyes. He had decided to wear black clothes as part of his leaning process. Black made him to be more comfortable and allow him to camouflage better at night.

(There will be more coming later :D )

May the Force be with you...always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  6. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Having scouted locations for my son's film may I suggest that a very detailed production plan is essential to making things work. Schedules for actors, technicians and locations have to be hammered out in advance and believe me, with peoples schedules being what they are it's quite a logic problem. I have found that most commercial sites (e.g.,theaters, other commercial public gathering places) are loathe to allow individuals to use their facilities because of insurance liability issues. When someone like John Waters films in locations around Baltimore his production company has secured the insurance so a place, like the Senator or the Uptown, doesn't have to worry about liability issues.

Reliance on the good will of friends and the use of more publicly accessible open places are more likely going to work for a production of this sort, in my experience. We wanted to film part of our movie at an open concourse of BWI, just a bunch of kids, mind you; and there's all kinds of hoops to jump through with the airport authority and such. Now I know you're thinking, well, post September 11 that's understandable, it's an airport! But I have found that quite apart from that fact you should build at least three times the time you think you'll need into your filming schedule, to allow for bureaucratic type delays, weather, people getting sick, etc.

We needed a boardroom scene shot so what we did was have my neighbor, who is a realtor, secure us a free conference room on a Sunday at her real estate office. Stuff like that is more likely to be workable than petitioning public places to allow you to bring whole bunches of people and equipment in to make your movie.

Long message but just my two cents worth based on what we've experienced in scouting locations and doing location shoots.

M.M.
  7. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members:
    Here is more for you to read. :D

He entered an ally full of wood and metal crates that the market commerce used to import their goods. The ally was dark due to the clouds in the sky. A light rain began to fall as he took three steps into the ally. He opened his senses to the Force. He filled his being with the Light and extended his senses away. But he found what he was looking for. Rain stopped at that precise moment. He had found the Sith Apprentice.

Hoctumar was sitting in a crate at the other side of the ally. He also wore black clothes, but their capes and materials were different. Hoctumar?s black clothes and cape were made of expensive material. On the other hand, the Jedi Padawan?s were made of humble cheap clothes. Hoctumar stood and bow gently to the Jedi.

?Welcome, Jedi. Welcome to the place that will become your tomb.? The Dark Side Apprentice stood tall again and jumped from the crate to the ground. He undid his cape and threw it on top of a crate. He had his lightsaber in his hand and turned it on. He lowered his blade allowing the Jedi to see his face.

?What you mean, Hoctumar. I haven?t planned of dying in here now. So you must be mistaken.? Geen removed his grey cape and placed it on top of a metal crate. He unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and pushed the power button. He stood sideways placing his lightsaber in a classic defending position. His green blade was perpendicular to the ground.

?And who said you can read the future for that?? Hoctumar walked slowly towards the Jedi. His eyes look upon the Jedi as a predator ready to take on his prey. He moved his blade menacingly sideways in a slow rhythm. Its humming sound masked the sound of the drops falling from the nearby roofs. ?So, prepare to meet the future I have decided for you.?

?I make my own future.? The Jedi said as he moved in a circle pattern to allow for a better defence against Hoctumar. He stopped when Hoctumar also stopped. Both men were a couple of meters apart, but their inner beings were already in a close combat. And it happened.

Hoctumar swinged his blade from the right with an incredible strength. Geen blocked with his on the left. Both men held against each other remarkably. Hoctumar pushed Geen back, but Geen parried to the right allowing the Dark Side Apprentice to stumble forward.
    Hoctumar made a backhand move with his lightsaber from his right in a downward arc. The Jedi blocked down with his green blade.

(More to come later :D )

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  8. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members:

(Even more, enjoy :D )

Hoctumar made a backhand move with his lightsaber from his right in a downward arc. The Jedi blocked down with his green blade. The Dark Side Apprentice then swinged in the opposite direction. The Jedi blocked also the attacked with easy.

?You are good Jedi, but how good you really are?? Hoctumar push again the Jedi, this time the Jedi fall back. But he rolled on himself to ease the impact and to stand again. He stood with his lightsaber in front of him in a defence standing. He had his green blade in a diagonal position from the lowered right to the upper left. He slowly moved in a circle to defend.

?Good, Jedi.? Hoctumar made an attack from above. He slashed his blade down. His blade met the Jedi?s. Then he attacked in a sideways pattern going from left to right. The Jedi blocked all of them, but he was loosing terrain. The attack from the Sith Apprentice were driving him backwards against a wall.

Geen had an idea of what Hoctumar was planning. On the wall there was an old metal pipe that hung from it. He wanted the Jedi close enough to then hit the pipe and let it fall on top of him. The Jedi decided then to push forward. He parried one attack by dropping down. Then he stood and began a counter attack on the Sith Apprentice. He slashed diagonally and in arcs. He made his moves flawlessly, guided by the Force. He moved with grace but with strength. His green lightsaber stroke Hoctumar?s lightsaber as he attacked. Then he did a turn and instead of swinging his lightsaber, he threw a kick at Hoctumar?s legs. The Dark Side Apprentice lost balance and fell on his right shoulder.

?Curse you Jedi.? Hoctumar yelled as he began to stand again. He was full on anger now. And this anger was the one that fed his strength. He placed his left hand on his right shoulder trying to ease the pain away. Then he took the lightsaber with both hands and placed it in front of him with the tip pointing to the Jedi. His expensive clothes were full of dirt and mud created by the rain. He looked upon the Jedi with hate.

Geen never saw what hit him. The cover of a wood crate flew though the air and hit him in the back. The Jedi fell but rolled again to regain his defend position. He did it just in time to block a blow directed to his head. In one knee he blocked three time the attack from the Dark Side Apprentice.

?You are really good, Jedi. But prepare to die.? Hoctumar attack once more from above slashing down. The Jedi rolled back fast. And then he used his lightsaber and slashed upward. The blow from Hoctumar hit the ground. But the Jedi?s hit the target. The green blade had injured Hoctumar?s left arm. The injury had caused the Dark Apprentice to fall to the floor. He stood holding his lightsaber in his left hand and using his right hand to cover the injury.

?You will pay for this, Jedi.? Hoctumar took the blade on his right hand and began attacking the Jedi, but Geen was beginning to feel tired. He made a mistake by blocking ahead of time. And Hoctumar injured the Jedi?s right leg. But it had been a minor injury. A scorched to the upper part of the leg. The clothes around the leg?s injury attached to the skin of the Jedi.

?This is going to leave a mark.? The Jedi said in a low voice. But he had no more time to talk.

(There will be more to come tomorrow. Enjoy meanwhile :D )

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  9. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    That's some pretty good stuff Fipe. Coincidently, my idea centered around an Ambassador being protected by Jedi and bounty hunters and Sith after him.

I also wrote up some banter for a political figure and his aide and a Sith and Jedi fighting.

mon-mothma, you're right. We all have different schedules so pre-production planning will be very important.
  10. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    We really need to finalize a time setting for the movie so we can start writing up a plot. If we're doing political stuff, it probably makes sense to take place during the time of the Republic. So, before or during the time of Episode II. We could mention Separatists in it maybe.
  11. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay - I think this sounds like a ton of fun, and work, and I know NOTHING about the making of a film, but could be a set of hands if needed. I can use a sewing machine, run errands, go get coffee, etc.

But - my only suggestion right now, after reading the board, is that it seems like if this will work - it needs a PRODUCER. Someone to force those who want to work on the script to work together and actually write one, someone to oversee that locations are selected and finalized, etc, etc, etc..... Obviously work can be divided up - and there seems to be a fair number of volunteers - but one or two people have to take charge - and one of those should have some organizational skills. That said - since sithspawn brought it up - he seems like a likely leader... And of course, I haven't asked his opinion... I'm just posting in a rambling manner.........

kasjedi
  12. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, Kasjedi, you are right. It needs a producer/production coordinator/production designer; a director (and frankly, I really think there should be one and one only to save aggravation); lensman/woman; tech crew (light, sound; may I suggest that we've found that augmenting the natural light and boom-miking the actors is a really great practice, not a frivolity); effects person or team; makeup/wardrobe (including design and production of makeup/wardrobe); and of course, last but not least, it needs storyline/scriptwriters.

Perhaps what should happen is for people to volunteer for various roles on this board and the production team can begin to keep a list of who's prepared to do what. From that they can make final assignments.

M.M.
  13. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love to be considered for director, it's my passion.

I think the story will be a contribution from a lot of people. And then a small group could meet to actually write a script. I'd help with that too.

For the effects, that's gonna take a long time and would be quicker with a lot of volunteers. Once again, I have no problem going through the film frame by frame adding lightsaber blades. We'll definitely need a team to handle fx.
  14. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Of course you can use the planetarium and the seats here are movable. Just be sure to let me know in advance when and where you wish to do things. You guys also need to come sometimes to watch movies and case out the place. Remember too that we can do special effects here, but right now my laser disk player isn't working and needs to be fixed or replaced. :(
  15. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to submit my request for the acting job as one of the Jedi, or possibly a Sith. More likely a Jedi than a Sith, but stranger things have been known to happen.
  16. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

Yay! No more Egyptian Grammar classes for me til next Spring! Woooooo hooo! So I have more free time now.

Writing/plot work, you can definately look to me for...

Still available for doing make-up & costume concepts. & once we do get the plot together, I'll see what I can do about contributing a list of locations relevant to each scene...& last but not least, since I do Contracting work, I may be able to assist in 'set design', or w/props...

I'd definately be interested in at least being a part of the production unit, considering Directing & Production are fields I carry an interest in. I have experience, kinda (not professionally)...But I did run an RP for almost 2 years & assisted in running it for 3 years prior. So technically, when it comes down to it, I do know how to moderate situations (meetings, etc), I have a pretty damn good amount of underlying SW universe knowledge & formatting information on various things, to be better suited for SW, blah blah blah...Basically, it was production/direction of 100+ people in a sw environment...A movie, w/out filming :D Need more info, catch me on MSN or AIM

Whatever, whenever (providing it's not during work :p)I'm up for it.

Perhaps we should try to plan weekly meetings for pre-production members, in order to get the concepts, props, etc prepped. Then maybe present & discuss ideas at the meeting on the 22nd

Btw, new MSN id...Vaderbation@hotmail.com for all your Vader, Force, & Helmeted needs...Erm
  17. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the biggest issue will be costumes. Getting Jedi and Sith outfits will be difficult unless anyone can create them easily and cheaply.
  18. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a black robe from an old Grim Reaper costume that would pass for a Sith robe. I also have a lot of editing software and can attempt to do some CGI. I've been playing around with Bryce 3D and I got this one pic I have been working on.

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/stang515013/mf_xwg.jpg]

The only thing with creating these pics is the rendering time. I have a 1.4Ghz AMD with 256 meg of RAM and it takes about 5 minutes to render this one. I created the mountain, water and smog and imported the ships from a 3D Studio Max site. I can also try animating them, but that might take a while. Rendering an animation takes tons of processing power but I think I can handle most of it. If someone else is handy with Bryce 3D, 3D studio Max, Poser 4 or Photoshop, please let me know and maybe we can get together and try some stuff out.
  19. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    That pic looks great DRK_HLMT! Once we get an idea of the plot and the locations, we can start the cg of it. Maybe we can limit the amount of cg we have to do by using the real location and importing ships into it. Also, how hard would it be to have ships in space? I'd imagine it's easier than creating complex scenes.

BTW, I wrote up a crawl text and about two pages for the beginning. I have a rough outline of my idea. But, I think we should get together and go over all of our ideas and try to come up with something together.
  20. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Isbeth to the rescue. I am an ace at making costumes. But I need a part machined for my sewing machine or someone to get it back into the cabinet as it was dislodged during moving. :(
  21. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, is there a part in this shindig for a Jedi Padawan? I've got one just off the stage in the school play who's eager to pick up the acting thread again very soon! It doesn't hurt that he's already been in a Star Wars movie of his own! Let me know. I also have a sewing machine and have made Jedi costumes in the past so I'd be available for that effort.

M.M.
  22. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Isbeth, do you think you could make Jedi outfits? Like the robes and the clothes underneath? I suppose khaki pants could be used. And, then I hear a mock-turtleneck shirt works. But there's still the thing that goes over it.
  23. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

Jedi garments are actually relatively easy to throw together. I'm not very good w/a sewing machine, but I've had no problems thus far throwing together Sith or Jedi outfits on a moment's notice.

I have 3 or so Black, lengthy cloaks that we just made, that can be used. They could also be used for 'patterns' for those of you familiar w/sewing, anyway, seeing that we made them basic (based off of kimonos...Think Palpatine's cloak. Big hood, long sleeves, etc).

As far as everything else, for sith, black boots, pants, long sleeve top, usually suffices. Gloves at times. Jedi: Khakis are good, basically anything light in color...& brown boots
  24. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well costume-wise, we may have everything we need. For the other characters we can make up our own costumes.

Should we discuss if we want to have meetings separate from the FF meetings?
  25. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    My thought is that there is sufficient work and discussion surrounding the film that it warrants its own discrete meeting times.

Also, I got no response to the question regarding a child actor in the film. Does this mean that there would be no part for him or that it just didn't get answered? Is the story still early enough in the shaping stage that a Padawan role could be built in? I get the sense that there are several story threads at this point. I read that Mogook has a storyline as well as Sithspawn and Fipe. Are you going to blend your thoughts into one script, and, if so, is it still early enough to write in a Padawan role? Please let me know your thoughts so I can give him an answer. And...I don't need to tell you that he'd love to do it.

M.M.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.