FanFilm(s)

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by sithspawn35, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry about your question mon-mothma. We're at a very early phase of the production. So, I think all those that have ideas should come to a meeting where we can mesh all the ideas together and come up with one.

In my idea, there wasn't any room for a very young padawan (mine was early 20's). But this is just my idea, not THE idea. I think at our fanfilm meeting we should discuss the other ideas.
  2. chewboxer Jedi Knight

star 1
    I"m early 20's...and quite entertaining!
  3. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you should definitely come to our meeting.

When should it be? June 22nd is our Fanforce meeting. The fanfilm people could maybe meet earlier that day. Or, since the movie isn't until 3:40, we could have the Fanforce meeting pushed back till 2 and the film meeting at 1. Or, the meeting could be an entirely different day. Let's discuss. :)
  4. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    What happened to all the interest with this thing? Is everyone on vacation for Memorial Day? I've been working on a script, I have 4-5 pages already. I have a lot of ideas and I'd like to hear everyone else's ideas. I think we have a great chance of doing this thing. We have the people. We have the software. We still need a digital camcorder (miniDV). Does anyone have one or have access to one?
  5. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    You may be able to rent a digital camcorder. We used to rent VHS ones back in the day before we got ours. Worth looking into. Perhaps Best Buy or Circuit City or Blockbuster?

M.M.
  6. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

I think the same day would be more convenient overall. But that's just me...Maybe chat over dinner after the movie??
  7. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm definitly still interested! Like I said, I can help out in the special effects department. If we can get enough people together to do the special effects, maybe we can set aside a day to do the editing which can be done after the initial print is done. I can bring my computer and we can find a location where I can set it up and we can all take a look at the editing process using Premire 6.0 software and any other software we can get our hands on to do the final editing. I'll also be looking into as many places that shows how to do certain special effects and also talk to some folks that have already done some Fan Films and see what headaches they ran into while making their movie. I want to be able to do special effects in our film that will make the stuff ILM does look like a cheap Atari game!! Muahahaha!! Yeah, right!! :D
  8. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    DRK_HLMT, I'll help with the special fx too. I have some programs, but no experience with them. So, I've been visiting the fanfilms forum and trying to learn some stuff. You and I can talk sometime about doing some test shots with the programs.
  9. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will not be able to attend an after-the-film dinner discussion. I can come a bit earlier but can't stay later.

M.M.
  10. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    1. My mom has a sewing machine and would love to do costumes. She did some crude costumes for my film and would be able to make some for this one.

2. I would be able to play any part (Sith lord, Jedi, bounty hunter, etc.)

3. I might also be able to write a bit. I have a couple of clever ideas that I could post later.

4. Finally, I thought the fanfilm meeting could be before the fanforce, but if it's after, I might be able to attend.

Son of Mon-Mothma
  11. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    CRUDE costumes?

LOL!!

M.M.
  12. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was thinking...do we really want to wait until June 22 to meet? It might be better to schedule a "fan film only" meeting before then to get the ball rolling officially. What do you all think?

M.M.
  13. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I could do a fanfilm only meeting. But the 15th won't work for me.
  14. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members of the Council:
    I'm back @ 98%. Yes I'm back. Still have to go to doctors to determine if I need another Bacta Bath, but here I am.

I was reading the posts and I saw Mogook's about a script he has. Mogook, is there anyway you can send any type of outline to me to help you on the script also. I want to know where I can place part of my ideas somewhere along the line. I mean about the fight sequence or something new... of course I would like to submit them first to you so you can decide wether or not are good.

I'm very interested in helping here. I have a cape, and half of a Jedi's costume. I'm planning of trying to get the tunic that serves as a shirt. Probably do the stiches by hand, after bying the right cloth. Also I got a double lightsaber during the weekend if anyone is interested in giving it a try to use it. (Any Darth Maul's fans???) :D

Also I have my other two lightsabers: one that's for fighting and another for display. I was wondering if they can be used?

Before I forget, hey MUTTANDSOLO give me a call, need to coordinate this with you.

Well my friends, good to be back. I hope to hear ideas in order to make this dream come true.

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FAN FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD
  15. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members:
    I forgot to move this here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My grain of sand to contribute to the plot of the movie.

1. Ambassador Caskassi returns to the planet (not yet determine) to inspect process of change of leaders.

2. Hoctumar is send to destroy the Jedi that came with the Ambassador to protect them.

3. A plot to kill the Ambassador is revealed

4. Hoctumar fights Geen Tobar in a real battle. Hoctumar ends mortally wounded, Geen ends with a bad injury in his arm... but survives.

5. Geen's Jedi Master (Any of the characters you had in mind) and the other Jedi Knight, engage in a battle to defend the Ambassador front Aassasin droind inside the Council Chamber (or someplace else).

6. Both Jedi, Master and Knight, learned about Geen's battle and injuries. A Sith Master is present.

7. Both of them battle the Sith Master....

And this is mi idea. Of course, it can be changed and altered. Like I said... is just an idea. I will be writing more about the fight scene for next week. Sorry for the suspense. Any help for my scene if it is selected feel free to email me. That way I can changed, add or take out.

Thanks for your help.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD
  16. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay people, we need to get the ball rolling for this Fanfilm. Now it's gonna take a lot of work and alot of time to complete this so we need a foundation to start from. Here's the plan:

1. Mogook, you said you have a story done up so let's get a list of all the characters and their affiliation to the movie.

Examples:
    Joe Blow - Jedi Knight - Main character (MC)
    John Doe- Jedi Master - MC
    Bad Dude - Sith Apprentice - MC
    Badder Dude - Sith Lord - MC
    And so on...

Add supporting characters and whatnot to the list.

2. A draft of the script sent to all the actors/actresses to read over.

3. Story boards done up to give some fluidity to the movie and to show everyone where things are heading (need a good artists for this one!)

4. GET A DIGITAL CAMCORDER!!!! Find out where we can get one or rent one. If not, then I guess we will have to go with VHS/Hi8.

5. Pick locations - Need to find the perfect locations to film the scenes. Start scouting around for some really cool locales.

6. Costumes - Looks like we have a few folks that are able to do up some costumes. We need to get together and draw up some costumes and see what looks good. I know the material for Jedi Knight costumes and Sith shouldn't be too hard, but if we have any extras or aliens, then that is where we run into a snag. We will need to come up with some really outrageous costumes for these.

8. A time and place for the first shoot and maybe do up some promotional photos of the cast.

9. Editing the film. I figure we can find a place where we can plug up some computers and get together and start the editing. WE NEED A CUTTING ROOM FLOOR!! Hehehe...

10. Need a Key Grip and a Best Boy!!! Don't know why but we just need em!!! :D

Well, if there's anything I forgot to add, just throw it into the mix. If anyone wants to volunteer their expertise in any of these fields, let us know what you would like to do and we'll compile a list and see what happens from there. I'd like to get a lot from this list knocked out by the end of our first meeting. Hopefully we will have ironed out the little details by then. Also, it would nice if we could get some costumes made up and have some posters done before the movie is finished. We could post them at different places to promote the film.

Let's move it people!! Time is money!! Blah..Blah..Blah...Yadda...Yadda...Yaddaa...

17. Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dear Members:
    I'll offer my services for:
    1- Helping the development of the plot.
    2- Helping in the cast.
    3- Gadget provider (Lightsabers)
    4- Scout looking for locations.
    5- Ehhh... I don't know what else.

To be able to scout for locations, we need to know more or less how the story develops, where it happens and any details like that.

Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CALIFORNIA MD
  18. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    DrkHelmet,

Not only would I be willing to do costumes, and putting up a child actor for the cast but I'm up for storyboards as well. I think I'm a very good artist and I would definately be willing to help.
    Thanks.

M.M.

19. DarthMaulX2 Jedi Master

star 1
    I could proboly help out on the special FX, lightsaber effects are easy for me to do.

Can do some CG, might be able to do blaster bolts, can merge pics...
  20. Takwolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    If Needed I have a Sony Digital Handycam with tripod :)

See It Here

Let me know if its what you are looking for
    I should be at the June meeting.

Takwolf
  21. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    Son of mon-mothma strikes again! Glad to do storyboards, I am; that conceited I am not! "...think I'm a very good artist..." Actually, my background is in fine arts with a specialty in drawing so I probably would be a good candidate for storyboarding. I just love the way my kid phrases things. Putting up a child actor for the cast? LOL.

We're ready to pitch in and get this thing moving. Lights! Camera! Action! Catering!

M.M. and Son of M.M.
  22. InfraBlack Jedi Padawan

Hi, I am the herald of LORD JON, THE EVA PILOT!!

*ahem* Kritina (DerthNader) and I would like to help in any way we can, if there are still positions open.

I'm particularly interested in showing off my skills with the lightsaber... although Kritina can kick my arse any day of the week. 8-}

I'm still a frelling Talosian Jedi Master though. How many of you can put something so impressive on YOUR resume? Huh????

Didn't think so. ;)
  23. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent! Everything is coming together as I have foreseen it! Muahahaha!!

**erm, cough, cough**

Anyway, Thanks for everyone volunteering and hopefully we can get more productive at the next meeting. Maybe we can have side meetings for the movie crew. Although it looks like just about everyone will be involved so our Fanforce meetings might just turn into "movie making meetings" until this thing is completed.

Takwolf, that camera of yours is perfect! And with a tripod too!

Mon-Mothma, Thanks for volunteering to be our storyboard artist! When we get the story all worked out, we can all meet and you can sketch up some drawings of how things will play out. I've noticed that a lot of movies are played out better when there is a solid storyboard to show how the actual scenes will be played out. It gives it a more realistic texture to how we want the scenes to look.

Fipe, gather up all your stories and bring em to the next meeting and you and Mogook work out the storyline as well as the timeline that the film will be set (Either PT or OT). Get a list of characters and their plot in the storyline.

DarthMaulx2, I have some editing software and I think Mogook does too, you'll be helping us with the FX Dept. We can do some rotoscoping with the lightsabers (which will probably be the majority of the FX shots that we do and also the one's that take the longest to edit) as well as some blaster shots and maybe some ship and space/planet shots. I've been working on getting a planet shot of Coruscant with Bryce 3D and I have some models of ships that were done up in 3D studio Max that we could use.

InfraBlack, glad to see that you guys are still around! :D Anyways, we need people that are handy with a lightsaber to show us some moves that would look great! You guys can be our stunt/saber choreographers and maybe our Jedi/Sith. I think Mogook already has dibs for one of the two parts but we'll work out the cast when we have our next meeting.

Okay, if you guys have any more ideas, lets hear em! Speak up or forever hold your peace! I don't want to be the one making all the decisions here. After all this is Sithspawn's Idea so he should be heading all this up! Think of Sithspawn as GL and me as Rick McCallum. Now get your &*%^$ to work!! Hehehe...

24. kasjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Drk_Hmlt had a good point - excitement is high right now - we'd need to get moving if this is gonna happen.

I'm not clear when the people interested in helping with a fan film are gonna meet to draw up a plan - before or after the "regular" meeting on the 22nd? Or is that too far away and maybe it should be the 8th?

I don't see why everyone has to make the first meeting - as long as there is a list beforehand of those who can't make it and what they can help with. Like - certainly not every "actor only" has to be there - but knowledge of who might want to have an on camera part might be useful for the scriptwriters.

I'll try writing a summary list of who seems interested and what they want to do before the weekend is up - but it might not be until Sunday night so more people could have time to post their interests!

kasjedi
  25. mon-mothma Jedi Knight

star 2
    We have an eleven-year-old who is very eager to act in this film. He's willing to play just about any part with a special interest in being a Sith apprentice or Bounty Hunter or even a Bounty Hunter's apprentice. He's got the chops, the enthusiasm and a great ability to stay on task and take direction. An asset, he will be.

M.M.

P.S. I forgot; I've also done stage makeup for a recent production. That would be fun for me, too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.