main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm Series Volunteer List

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Darth_Turby, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Turby

Darth_Turby Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    The way I think this would work best and please tell me if oyu have better suggestions is that we assign people to write the scripts based upon an agreed upon concept and outline.

Then people volunteer for producing a story after they have been read. An individual story can only be assigned to one person, this will save on time.

These people will then be incharge of producing the film in any method they want, live action, animation, figure or otherwise. But it would be great if this was all a group effort and people were helping across projects on concept designs and post production especially.

Then when they're done, purhaps TFN would be so kind as to host them. If not, I'm sure a DVD could be made and all involved would recieve it free of charge.

Who wants to:

Write Outline (group)
    Write script (group)
    Direct
    Post (down the road)

2. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    This is a bad idea for many reasons which i do not have enough time to explain right now.

-Chris

3. Rick_Zarber

Rick_Zarber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Well, then would you care to explain further at a more convenient time?

I'm not bein' sarcastic, I'd just really like to know why you think it's a bad idea.

I don't necessarily think chances are that great that it'll come to complete fruitation, but I still think it'd be a worthwhile experience. Worth a try at least. Heck, even I might be able to make something if it's a short enough movie.

That said, I volunteer for writing.

4. Covax

Covax Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2003
    Uhhmm.... should lock this thread and make a Star Wars: Holocron thread so folks know what's being talked about, as discussed in this thread.

5. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Or, what about THIS THREAD ?? [face_mischief]

I don't necessarily think chances are that great that it'll come to complete fruitation

Me neither ... in fact, I don't think it will come to vegetation either. :p

(It's spelled ... fruition.) ;)

6. Rick_Zarber

Rick_Zarber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Oops... See what staying up for 20+ hours for a few days in a row does to ya? Oh well, too late to edit it now. :) <-- The happy face looks embarassed, so I used it.

Yeah.

Word.

7. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I'm willing to write and/or direct a short :)

And the writers should all be decided upon, then THEY should come up with the centralized timeline. That'd make it more interesting with more opinions...

8. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    Well while Chris finds the time to say why this is a bad idea; i'm going to see if i can knock a few down first. But before I do, know that I am not against this... Quite the contrary; I am all for it, however the method in which you approach this is what Chris, I, and others consider flawed. Here are problems I see:

...people volunteer for producing a story after they have been read. An individual story can only be assigned to one person, this will save on time.

First of all, please clarify this.. The way you say it confuses me

These people will then be incharge of producing the film in any method they want, live action, animation, figure or otherwise.

Well if this is going to be a series, I highly suggest againsthaving each episode in a different format. This method I find similar to the Animatrix. While I liked it quite alot, I wish they could've all been done one way rather than having 439 different artistic styles happening at once. If you're going to make this a series thing like the Clone Wars, have it all live action, or all animation. Personally I would choose the animated series (either 2d or 3d) because I like 3d anyway but thats just my opinion. Plus 3d is easy to collaborate on with a community not having to exist in a certain locale...

That said: But it would be great if this was all a group effort and people were helping across projects on concept designs and post production especially.

Yes. This is the best way to go at it in my opinion.

Then when they're done, purhaps TFN would be so kind as to host them. If not, I'm sure a DVD could be made and all involved would recieve it free of charge.

I'm sure this will be/would've been one of Chris's points. Point is, let's not jump to conclusions first.. One step at a time (or, Patience) young padawan. First you have to have people agree to like this, then they have to agree to help, then they have to be able to stick through with it and not jump ship 2 weeks in. These things must happen first. I wouldn't go assuming that this series (while it sounds great) will be automatically hosted by TFN. A DVD could be made and I'd like to see it made, however, again, don't go assuming this until these movies are made first.

And about the whole 'free of charge' thing... Well, i'll let the more legality-wise gurus answer that.

Well, ok... all that out of the way.. I'd help if this falls through with post and production (can't really write). We need much more input from everyone else though first. good luck!
    -Crypt, Out!

9. ThePaladin

ThePaladin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2004
    Need a jedi vs. sith duel in an Alaskan looking forest? I can help there. ;)

10. Darth_Turby

Darth_Turby Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2004
    ...people volunteer for producing a story after they have been read. An individual story can only be assigned to one person, this will save on time.

I meant that if a person writes story 'A' then only one person, or groupd of people should produce story 'A'. That way we don't get four or five didfferent versions of the same story.

some people don't do live action movies, and some people can't do animated movies. I figured cross media would be the best way to keep as many people involved as possible, plus allow people to show off their diverse talents.

As for the posting and DVD comment, I was just trying to convey where I saw this had the potential of going.

But these are all very valid points.

11. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    I like the cross-media idea...I liked the Animatrix :)

12. Cryptite_

Cryptite_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    some people don't do live action movies, and some people can't do animated movies. I figured cross media would be the best way to keep as many people involved as possible, plus allow people to show off their diverse talents.
    This is true and a good point, I just think it'd be bette r if it could all be the same. Either way works for me...

13. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    I agree with Chris wholeheartedly on this one.

BAD IDEA.

14. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm game for any project in Santa Clara county or thereabouts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.