main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm (since theres a lot more activity than usual)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Fall-on-Jin, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    So is anyone else interested?

Or has everyone got a slightly more active social life than myself and is out having a good time on a Saturday night, rather than being stuck home, alone surfing the net and can't really be bothered to think about stuff like fan films right now?

2. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    looks like everybody else has a social life, sorry welshguy!!! [face_dancing]

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Not fair!!

I want everyone to be as unhappy and lonely as I am.

:_|

4. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    I am curious, about this actual fan film, I myself, love film making and would really like to make my own fanfilms, mainly Star Wars of cource, but I havent the technology yet...

Is there anything else you explain to me about this project...?like how many people are working on it so far?

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    As of right now, the only person really working on this project is me. But thats mainly due to the fact that I haven't got round to writing it yet. But when I do many people are going to be required to make this thing a reality, and that's where people like your good self would come in handy!

What kind of experience have you had film wise? Any acting or technical know how?

6. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    None experience what so ever...but I do have the imagination and Im really good at writing.

I m also thinking about learning film making, I actually know how I would handle the camara and eveything, as I usually imagine my fan fiction as a movie, and would really spend all day thinking about what angles I would used and what style.

Im actually really passonate about it...and as you have most probaly already guessed, im a bad speller.

But yeah, i am willing to lend a hand, Im actually busy with writing my first ever fan fic at the moment as well as another fan fiction project that I have signed up for.

If you would like me to help, that would be great. :)

ps, sorry about the spelling mistakes, as I kinda rushed this post.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't worry about it dude, spelling over over rateid anyway.

I actaully work in Merthyr now and again, I made the mistake of going to your local Weatherspoons recently. A more wretched hive of freaks and geeks you will never find. And that's just the bar staff.
    ;)

Hopefully I can start work on the script soon. Something you may be interesting in the meantime though is coming up with a pitch for the movie. I take it you have read the brief synopsis, so what I need is a short description of what your fan film would be about.

Remember though, these fan films are supposed to suck, so the more out there and stupid, the better. Though try and keep it within the realms of sensibility.

8. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    i actually dont go towards the stupid direction, if i was to create or help with a fan film, i would want it to be good and the best we can do, no comedy or anything stupid.

If you are aiming for this fan film to be stupid, I dont really want to be involved...I hope I havent insulted you or anything, its just I like to be serious about fan films as well as fan fiction, there are a lot out there that are not stupid and are actually good.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I think you misunderstand our intention slightly. Our intention isn't to make a bad fan-film, far from it. Our intention is to make a movie that explores the concept of Star Wars fan films and the people who make them. It is going to be slightly tounge in cheek, but I don't really see it as being stupid. It is going to be a comedy set in the mordern real world however, not an epic lightsaber dual between Sith and Jedi in a forest.

I suppose its not a Star Wars fan film in the tradional sense of the word, but it is a film about fans bassed around Star Wars. So in that respect, it is more of a fan film than 95% of the stuff out there.

I know where your coming from though, a while back we wanted to make something called the Jedi Trials, but in our excitement, we kind of forgot that we didn't have a multi million dollor budget and a cast of thousands. You have to work within your ability and to your strengths, so in that respect I feel our new idea is a winner.

10. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    oh sorry, i dind't realise that, sounds a good idea now i know what you are actually trying to do, but like i said before, I really dont do comedy.

Sorry.

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, fair enough. However, would you still be intersted in helping out with other aspects of the movie, such as camera work (you seem to know your stuff with this) and other important behind the scenes work?

We badly need more men (and women) for this project, so any help you could offer would be most welcome.

12. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    If we do manage to get this done, how about somebody creating a behind the scence video diary as well.

I have a DVD writer and it would be nice to put it on to DVD and have some extras to go with it, prehaps a photo gallery as well!! :cool:

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    That does sound like a good idea, but I only have one camera and the battery and film will need to be saved for the filming of the movie.

However if someone else involved had a digital video camera (any kind really) then they could film the making off and it would be a really nice extra for the DVD. The behind the scenes stuff is always some of the most interesting aspects of a DVD. The bloopers alone are worth the money some times.

Plus if this takes off, we can release an extended version a few months after the original version goes on sale, fleece the fans twice!!

You listening Peter Jackson and the Wachowski brothers!

14. Predator150

Jun 2, 2004
    Im not sure about all this copyright stuff and all, but I dont actually think you are allowed to sell fan films based on a certain movie like Star Wars...it's only allowed to be viewd on the net, you can put it on DVD of cource, but not sell it for money...

15. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Hmmm... Well.. the film would involve TALKING about star wars films... so technically it ISN't breaching copyright... maybe... best not sell it anyways ;)

But enough about the future! The present is important as of right now, then we figure out what we're gonna do next. So, as the project stands at the moment, we've got the basic idea down. I think Welshguy is working on a script at the moment, but its been a while since i've had internet access.

At the moment i'm working on a pitch based on one of the ideas for the pitcher (Pitchee?). I'll let you guys know of the results when they can be classified as results.

Here's some food for thought though: what about a title? This sort of thing is usually done when the script is finished, but since this a pretty much unique idea (to my knowledge...) its not the type of movie that needs to wait ages just to annoince a title, only to realise the film will take another year to come out (*Cough*REVENGEOFTHESITH*Cough*).

Which brings us to another point, once we've written it, how long do you guys think a 20 minute film, based in about 6-7 different locations with mainly dialogue take to create?

I leave you now, I Will Return!

...later.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Preditor150: If releasing and making money off a movie that had its characters talking about Star Wars was illegal, then Kevin Smith would be living off hand outs right about now ;)

As long as we don't call the movie Star Wars episode 7: The Fans Strike Back, we should be ok.... Besides I can't really see that much of a market for sales of a couple of amatures making their first feature. But it is nice to know that should we need to, we could sell it, ala George Lucas in Love.

Your worrying about the big picture to much dude, forget about litigation, copyright and ownership issues and instead just have some fun with the idea. Have a think about the story (even though theres not much there right now) and try and get into the smaller details like characters, locations and direction.

At the end of the day, we are going to be doing this because we want to have some fun and make a (hopefully) good movie. We haven't got plans for Hollywood glory and huge financial success just yet, we just want to pool our resources and talents and make something unique and rewarding for us and everyone else in the FFUK.

We would really like you to be a part of that, so have a think about it and let us know.

Fall-on-Jin: I've been thinking about the title myself and as of yet, nothing has really clicked. So perhaps we can throw this one open to everyone and see what they think?

I think we might be able to get the movie done in a weekend, if we know what we're doing and prepare ourselves properly. Should be a laugh!

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Edit for an above post.

I mentioned the Wachowski brothers.. I don't know how true this rumor is, but I heard that Larry Wachowski (the thin one) is going to have a sex change operation :eek:

This is the internet however and its hard to believe that someone that famous would be doing something like this with people knowing, but not making much of a fuss.

So what, did we all just suddenly become sensible adults all of a sudden? Where's the good old fashioned gutter British press and sensationalist Yank gossip mags in all of this?

Don't tell me that they have actually grown a sense of privicy and are leaving the poor guy alone?

Or, on the other hand, it could all be a load of b******s (or not, depending on any future surgery).

Gives a whole new deminsion to the blue pill / red pill scene. ;)

Whatever happens, I wish the guy the best of luck though. He (and his brother) have made three of (IMO) the best movies of all time, and I thank them for that. If he feels that he needs to do this in order to be happy, then I say do it.

Just as long as it doesn't mean we have to wait to long for their next film that is ;)

18. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    That does sound like a good idea, but I only have one camera and the battery and film will need to be saved for the filming of the movie.

However if someone else involved had a digital video camera (any kind really) then they could film the making off and it would be a really nice extra for the DVD. The behind the scenes stuff is always some of the most interesting aspects of a DVD. The bloopers alone are worth the money some times.

I have a Cannon MV600i that you could use for behind the scenes stuff, of course I'd have to be there when it was being used. ;) Oh also whats this film about again? *cant be bothered to go back reading*

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sounds like a possible plan to me dude.

Are you interested in helping out with this movie in any other ways?

20. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Are you interested in helping out with this movie in any other ways?

Well any special effects you might need I could do, also (I'm thinking way ahead here) I could do some interviews with you lot after making the film or something like that. Also I could just help out, you know go fetch some tea and stuff like that. :p

Edit: Also just thought of this, posters or anything Graphic Design like that I could do, I'm getting prety good now. ;)

[image=http://odj310388.com/wallpapers/matrix.jpg]

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, some promotional art would be very welcome if you could do that. You would need some images and themes to start with of course, and as of yet they do not exist. But with regards to DVD cover, promo work etc, I think your skills could be put to very good use.

Also, regarding the interview. I think it would be good to have a third party interview the two "leads". It would give a different dimension and feel to that part of the extras.

Edit: Sweet poster by the way. That's going on my wallpaper!

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Actually, some promotional art would be very welcome if you could do that. You would need some images and themes to start with of course, and as of yet they do not exist. But with regards to DVD cover, promo work etc, I think your skills could be put to very good use.

Great, well let me know about future developments...

Edit: Sweet poster by the way. That's going on my wallpaper!

Good to know its being put to good use. ;)

23. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    I have my own digital camera as well, so that wouldnt be a problem. My mate also has a quality digital still camera, which we could probably use.

I agree if its prepared properly and we plan ahead then it could be shot in one weekend.

Welshguy: The larry story was splashed over the daily papers about 2-3 months ago, apparantly he has divorced his wife and is shacked up with another bloke, cant remember The Sun's headline but i did make me chuckle!!!

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    ODJ: Good news, I got access to my computer again, so I can start working on the script now. Hopefull I should have something knocked up in around a week or so. Then we can start talking about production times and promotional art etc.

Master_Qel_Droma: The more camera's, the better dude. I don't think i've asked, but where are you from exactly? If we are all spread out across Wales, then we need to agree on a location that isn't to far from all of us.

I don't remember reading that story in the Sun, but to be honest, a rag like that makes about as much long lasting impression as a chocolate bar. Sure, it does the job and is fine in its own way, but its just a short term fix. A guilty, sickly pleasure to tide you over until you get the chance of a decent meal.

Let me guess as to the headline...

Gay-trix.

??

25. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    Im from Caerphilly and i work in Cardiff, but i have my own car so transport is not a problem.

Where is everybody else from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.