main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm (since theres a lot more activity than usual)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Fall-on-Jin, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm from the Rhondda, but work in Pontypridd / Merthyr. I also have a car, so travelling is not problem for me either.

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Carmarthen here, traveling isnt a problem as long as its not to far, I dont have a car and wont be able to drive untill I'm 17 now [face_plain] (stupid law) but I can still travel. :)

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Just to let people know, I have actually started working on the script. I got through five pages last night and its coming along very nicely. I aim to have around 15/20 pages done by the end of the weekend.

4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    my latest UDDS X is coming along well, check it here

http://www.sickindividual.com/uddsX.html

5. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Again, sorry i haven't been on in a while. My chances for the internet are slimmer these days (and so am i, because of it...)

I'm from newport by the Way, 17, No car, but i can travel.

Welshguy: I've thought more about a pitch, since i'm basing the character who joins me in the pitching i know personally. If you think its for the best though, i'll still be one of the Producer/Directors.

6. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Ok, any ideas where we will be able to film? rent a room somewhere? somebodies house, garage??

Welshguy: How many characters as you planning on having? Ive spoken to my mate and he would be very intrested in helping out as well.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, ok, ok.. (best Leo Getz inpression)

Fall-on-Jin: I've had a look at the logistics of it all and to be honest, I think it would be vastly easier to film if all the producer/director scenes were filmed at my base. So that means that a friend of mine (who was going to play Obi-Wan in Star Fellas) is going toplay the Producer.

Hope you don't mind this, but it makes much better sense. We can do all our scenes at my place and then we can travel together to film the various pitches. It would just make things so much easier cause we live in the same town and we can just drive to the pitchees loction without any big plan of action (if you know what I mean).

So i've written a bit more of the script and i'm currently mid way through the first pitchee. its going pretty well so far :)

So have you had any ideas on your pitch?

Master_Qel_Droma: The producer/director scenes will be filmed at my place, we then travel out to the people that we are going to be interviewing for the pitches and hopefully film there. By there I mean, possibly film in their houses or garages, anywhere where we can have a bit of privacy for a short while. Of course we will have to find out if this is possible, if it isn't possible, then maybe we can come up with some other ideas, like renting a hotel room for the day. But idealy I would like to have different locations to give the film a better visual appeal, plus its more personal and professional looking.

Its all a bit hazy on how many people we need so far, however i'm sure that he could come in handy for something. What did he have in mind, acting, helping out with sound etc?

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Thought of a possible name of the project.

Fan Film: The Movie.

What does everyone think?

9. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I think its good, personally. It works, it grabs attention, best of all, its an ironic title since the movie doesn't get made. I like it.

Welshguy: Sorry i haven't been talking much again, but it might interest you to know that my pitch is coming along well. once i've got the first draft finished, i'll send it to you. And I read what you said about using your mate as the producer, its probably the best way of going around it, since you two live closer together. And I should have that pitch ready by Friday, i hope you enjoy. Oh and by the way, i've chosen to write the pitch for the fat guy who wants to be han, since my mate would be perfect for the part.

EDIT: I've also though of another Idea, I could play a guy who's over ambitious, who wants alot more in that feasably possible in a fanfilm. For instance, high end special effects, a cast of thousands, Cameo's from real actors, etc etc.

So Technicaly, i have two pitches.. but the one is kinda short, but still funny.

I'll have both of them done by friday, I really want to get this film into gear, it sounds like an interesting project.

I've also got a good idea for the end of the movie, perhaps we could point out that there's no female involvement at the end of the film... a cliché that many fanfilms follow, but just don't realise. I know that might sound a bit sexist to all those politicall correctionists out there... but its the truth :p

10. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Thought of a possible name of the project.

Fan Film: The Movie.

What does everyone think?

For the project it sounds good but for the title it sounds like your coping 'The Movie Spoof: The Movie'.

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    No it doesn't... o_O

Ok, they both have ": The Movie" in the title, but so do loads of films.

X-Files: The Movie
    Transformers: The Movie
    Power Rangers: The Movie
    Superman: The Movie

etc, etc.

"Movie Spoof" and "Fan Film" sound pretty different to me??

Fall-on-Jin: Look forward to reading them dude. Like the idea of the no women bit at the end, nice touch. Will have to steal it and claim it as my own :)

The fat Han pitch had slipped my mind, but now that you mention it again, it does sound like a good one. By the way, did you get a chance to read the bit I sent you? I know there wasn't much there and it was only the first draft, but I was just wondering if you had a feel for it yet?

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: So hows the pitch coming dude? Its hard for me to write the full story without one of the pitches, so as soon as you get the chance, wing that bad boy on over to me.

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Nice suprise tonight. My mother works in a old people's day centre and in this day care centre they have a library. They were clearing out old stock and she came across 17 Star Wars books that they were going to throw out.

Knowing that i'm a bit of a SW fan, she brought them home for me. So I now have 17 nearly new SW books (after all, how many old people care about the X-Wing series or The Truce at Bakura??) that I have never read before!

Which is nice.

Thanks mum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.