main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo FanFilm Viewing and Action Figure Swap this Friday (9/14/2001)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Sep 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Great. Editing is a marvellous thing, is it not? Man, showing up to buy the DVD sounds fantastic, but I have neither money to spare for the DVD nor a costume. *sigh* Anyway, is there a UTA stop in Lindon? I'm from boston, where there's a subway stop every 5 paces. A ride would be helpful, but if it comes to that, I could get as close as I could and bike over.

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Dang I so want to go but I can't. :_| Stupid work and I can't even get out of doing inventory. Well I hope you all have fun.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Okay, um, if this is really going on, we kind of need to firm up the transporation plans SOON.

4. Keighvin

Keighvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2001
    The distraction definitely helps - even though HandyMan gave me a right good whupin.

As for transportation, sound off: everyone without a ride that needs one state where you'll be when so we can figure something out.

5. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    I have a ride, I just need directions.

6. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    Well I don't think I have a ride. For all those who need a ride from byu, we should all just meet in a specific place. I live in DT, just so you know.

7. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I live at the north end of Heritage, right near DT (Toran-Kal, what tower you in?)

So I can meet wherever we need to in that area

8. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

Sorry to post here late today, but I've had a few distractions this morning. :(

The meeting is definitely on. :D

Here's the plan for the Fanfilm viewing tonight...

* Hardware Wars (VHS)
    * Duality (DV)
    * Troops(DVD)
    * George Lucas in Love (VHS)

RIDES
    ------

We will make certain everyone from BYU can make it. If you need a ride, please state so and where you live on BYU campus. If we can find someone with a car, I will personally come and pick up everyone. I need to know how many first so I can know how big of a vehicle to bring.

DIRECTIONS
    ------------

I am posting them immediatley following this post. (I want everyone to read this ASAP)

Later,

9. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

The adress once again is...

368 West 625 North
    Lindon

Tonight's gathering is at my home. I have two American flags hanging vertically from my porch. A Star Wars Episode I banner is also hanging from the porch. This should make it easy to find. ;)

Now for some directions...

If you are coming from the North(Jace Taran and a few others)...

* Drive south on I-15 until the Lindon/Orem exit. (I'll post the Exit # soon)
    * Turn left(East) and drive up the hill
    * Turn left at the traffic light on State Street (There is a Chevron/McDonalds on the left and a Del Taco & Alberstons on the right)
    * You are now driving north
    * After you cross 2000 north in Orem, you have now entered the city of Lindon
    * Continue driving north on State Street down the hill
    * At the bottom of the hill is a stop light at 400 North in Lindon. A Mexican food restaurant called Los Hermanos will be on your left.
    * Continue to drive north, straight through the traffic light for two more blocks
    * 600 North in Lindon will be on your right just a few yards in front of a Jiffy Lube on your left.
    * Turn right onto 600 North. You are now driving east towards the mountains.
    * After two blocks, the road FORKS. Turn left(Slightly north)
    * My home is immediately on your left. You can't miss it with the two flags and Star Wars banner. ;)

Are these directions good enough?

More BYU people?

Later,

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I live in Helaman, in Hinckley Hall, but if it's easier, I can be up at DT. What time?

11. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Ok so it sounds like somewhere around DT would be a good place to meet, I hope. And it seems like there is only 3 of us. So if we can get a car and a time, that would be great. (hope I don't sound demanding :) )

(Spoo - I'm in Q Hall. you were there today weren't you? I thought I might have seen you.)

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    How about a meeting place and descriptions?

We should meet either on the sidewalk in front of U Hall and the Morris Center (since there's someone coming from Heritage and I'll be approaching via the bell tower) or in the parking lot next to U Hall on the 9th east side? Any other ideas?

I will be the short (5'3") female with auburn hair wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and jean shorts. What about the rest of you?

13. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Right in front of the Morris Center sounds good to me. We still need a time though. Maybe around 6:30.

I'll be in tan shorts, a blue t-shirt, and brown hair.

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    6:30 sounds good. Um, do we have a ride yet or are we praying that someone will be there by blind faith?

15. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Blind faith I believe ;)

16. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

Ok. For BYU people we have...

DarthIstar
    Toran-Kal
    Spoo

Anyone else?

Let's meet at 6:20pm at the Morris Center. I will pickup everyone myself. Look for me in a green convertable. :D

Later,

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes! Faith is justified! I'll be there.

18. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Sorry, I'll have to bail on this one. I was really looking forward to it, but my parents gave a firm no to it. "People like that are wierd. Just go to the birthday party tomorrow and forget the star wars thing." Well, thanks Mom and Dad! I think I can convince them for the DVD one.... at least I really hope. Darn.

Just do me one favor: If there's anyone who looks like George Lucas, even very remotely, and thinks they can act, please give them my email address! (mutantchair@hotmail.com) I need one more actor. Or if anybody here could help and would like to use a fake beard, let me know too. Filming will begin very shortly, and that's the only part I can't cast.

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    People like that are weird? Darnit, they found us out! Sorry you can't join in.

20. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Yeah, and they're telling ME. Now they want me to rewrite my ethics essay for english. Just because it centered around Superheroes doesn't mean it didn't use real ethics.
    Hope you guys are having a blast.

21. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I hope you guys are having fun. I get to look forward to 12 hours of inventory tomorrow and don't forget the 5 hours of sleep I'll be getting tonight as well.

22. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Well we definitely had fun. If you haven't seen Mike's (handyman's) star wars collection you have GOT TO SEE IT!!! Its so cool!!

You've got to be sure and make it to the DVD pickup. Its going to be very cool too. I'm excited already.

23. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Well sounds like you guys had a fun time. I couldn't come because I had other plans with my friends.

-DJ

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I agree with T-K. Walking into his basement is totally awesome. Especially the stormtrooper! I think a good time was had by all. Thanks to Mike for accomodating and chauffeuring us. :)

25. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    Me and Robie (Sith_Devil now) are still in awe from the collection...The Stormie, the Yoda, the Icons Sabers, the Parks Sabers, all the old 70's and 80's stuff, the newer stuff, the arcade games (I wish had those to play)...We though it was neat just seeing the stuff in his living room...I could look over that stuff all day. Plus, it was nice seeing George Lucas in Love and Hardware Wars for the first time (I'd seen both Troops and Duality already , and I'm currently downloading the new music version). Sith_Devil (I guess I'll just have to call him that around here) had seen only Duality, so it was fun for him, I believe. That was fun. I'll be sure to see if I can join in on the DVD Crash and the Halloween thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.