main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFilm...what happened?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Jedi_Knight_Isadore, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Eric, as I said, I want to participate and would even do something in front of the camera if you want me to - I can certainly act like an accountant (which I am) if you want a beancounter-type person who would talk about the expense of creating MJ. I have no experience at all in films etc in any manner, way or form so anything technical, like camera work or editing, no way...however, I'm good at writing, organization, gophering or, like I said previously, I could be the script girl.

August 23 is not good for me...however, August 16, 17 or the 24th is good.

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Okay, 16th and 17th I'm on call for work, so in the interest of getting a date down, how about the 24th? Does that work for everyone? Sunday, August 4th for our first meeting? Anyone?

Jeff

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    The 24th sounds good to me. Any ideas on where?

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd be willing to help out. I have no skills in video production, screenwriting, editing, or using the zebra colored slappy things.

But I always wanted to be a key grip, being a grip won't do it for me. I want to be the KEY grip, the leader of the grips, El Honcho de Cabesa of grips. So if I can be the key grip, I'm in.

M

ps- And if anyone can tell me what a Key grip actually does, that would also be helpful.

5. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    August 24 is very good for me...

If this date stands, where do we want to meet? A restaurant? I would be willing to offer my house but, for those allergic to the magnificent feline race, I warn you now that Osiris and Ramses love people so drugs would need to be taken before arrival to counteract their affect on you.

So, now we just have to hear if August 24 is good for Eric....

6. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    August 24th looks good for me, too.

Marcy, a grip moves and builds stuff. They're the ones who move the camera along the dolly track, they also build the sets and rig the lights. A grip doesn't wire the lights. That's the job of the gaffer (head electrician) and the best boy (the gaffer's assistant).

The head grip is in charge of all the other grips. It sounds like a fun job. You can have it.

7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Excellent, Catie. Wow, I thought I was the only loser who knew what those titles actually meant ;)

Anyway, for location I would actually recommend someone's house. Not knowing how long this is going to go and the general noise level of the group might not be good in a restaurant style setting.

I say that we should also hold out on the date to hear from Dan, whose idea this all was to begin with. I really wouldn't want to steam ahead without any input from him. Dan, where you at?

Jeff

8. Jedi_Knight_Isadore

Jedi_Knight_Isadore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    That weekend is out for me, I have a wedding in Chicago that weekend. But I will attempt to be there any other time.

Devan

9. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Gee, thanks Jeff. Rest assured I am a loser on many levels. :)

Dan will most likely be back on Saturday or Sunday. He's doing the family thing. I'm sure he'll have loads to say when he gets back.

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Ahh. Well, consider me in for key gripage. I don't care, I just think it'd be fun even if it turns out horrible. I'm a firm believer that it's the journey not the destination...unless it's Cleveland than it's just suckage journey and destination.

M

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm in production for my show until 24th and I'm out of town Labor Day weekend. Anything that isn't going on then, I can do. And I'm with Jon. I've never acted, and galdarnit I'd like to try. :)

12. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hey, I've acted before. I was a thespian for four out of the five years I was in college.

Maybe that explains why I don't have my degree yet... :eek:

13. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I did open my mouth once, and said I would run a convention...I have done it 3 times. "

lol, thats good Eric. Anyway I just found this thread, and it sounds like an interesting idea. I dont know if I could really do anything yet due to the fact that I live in Madison....but if I can I will let you know! I could do some acting if needed (but not MJ...please...not..him :p)

Forcebewitya!

14. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I've been on vacation for the last week and as such have not had a chance to reply to all this while it was happening. Yes, I had the idea and Eric ran with that idea with my full blessing. I would love to play a part and would ask that as many "milwooies" as possible be involved as well.

BTW - I have not even read this entire thread yet - but I though I should post something here just to let you all know I'm not dead.!
    :)

15. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    good to hear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.