main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Fanfilm

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Right... anyway, I work not far from there, but tomorrow is my day off, so I'm going shopping for groceries at Argyle Mall, then looking at second hand stores for old Star Wars games, interesting clothing, and books.

2. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Just an update:

Justin is working on the script, and I must say, it's looking great.

I've been doing some location scouting, and have a few good places in mind. I've also been working on a costume, and am getting things sorted out for possible scenes, shots, etc.

I was wondering what (if anything) others have been able to do. I know everyone's busy this time of year, but even if we could get started on a few things, I'm sure the rest would fall into place.

Let's make it great!

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey, how about having a Jedi, in the woods fighting a Sith? That would be so kewl!

:p

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thanks Woofer :p

Ok I have a challenge to each of you. I know it may seem lame, maybe silly, but it works. Talk film to people, bring it up seriously. Say to people with craftsmenship skills, people with money, people with time, people with access to various equiptment, seamstresses, fabric people, metal people...everyday friends...who may have connections.

The film doesn't have to be huge to be great and I hope we can pull it off quite well.

Doing this will open more doors than we can well imagine, and will make things smoother.
    also the sooner we do this the better.

Just as a heads up I would really like a bar scene so anyone have contacts? I have one possible.

Also Matt and Sarah...I have prospective roles for you if you are interested...please contact me and I can show a portion of what I have :)

Thanks guys!

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I am a film student from the Toronto area. I am not sure what help I can be but I know some stuff and might be able to get info on equipment. though I would suggest hat if none of you have worked film equipment before (and I am not talking a still camera) that you use a digital Camera...

For money use fundraising to build up some stuff...you know the ussuall...have a party with a small door fee or something.

As for skilled workers, sets are hard to build convincingly...i wold suggest that if you are going to do it with sets that you have a person that knows something about lighting. Also remember to plan the scenes for not only the action but also for camera...

I am not sure what help i am but these are just some ideas i came up with in the two minutes since i saw this thread. They have come up before in my experience when working on different non-professional sets as your own.

Good Luck and dont be afraid to PM me if you want help at all...

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Jymm_Roquand!

Thanks for your post.

I planned on in fact using a digital camera...I have the authorization to use one from school ;)

Money will be interesting...though I want to shoot this sprng...unless we started immeddiatly on it.

Thanks again!

Any help is appreciated from everyone!

7. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well whatever help I can be...just PM me and I will se what I can do...

8. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Indeed, it's looking really good, Justin!
    Once the first set of exams are over, I'll start looking into the lightsaber stuff in depth, maybe even construct a hardware saber over the break if time permits.

9. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I'd love to do it. Just keep in mind I'll be leaving London at the end of April :(
    So I'm only available until then.

10. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Another update:

Here's how the location scouting has been going; the following places have been found, and permission has been obtained for these areas:

1. Exterior Wooded Area-dense foliage, near or with running stream and river, away from traffic noise, with some (not many) relatively open areas. (Justin, I was thinking of the scene with Mal and Derf.)
    2. Exterior plain- short grassy area (will be grassy once the snow has been cleared), distant horizon with hills and trees, no roads in view when shot from a particular angle.
    3. Interior Hallway- has that ancient/temple/cathedral look to it, made of painted concrete or something similar, with arched-doorways and curved ceiling. (Might be suitable for a number of things, particularly a temple. We might have to do something about "industrial" looking metal doors...)
    4. Bar/Nightclub. Anyone ever been to the 'Drink' in London? Minutes from my place, and is one of the marquee places in London to go dancing. Very large, open dance floors, limited seating area, can be either extremely welll lit, or extremely dark. Flashing lights and sound equipment included. (We could play some funky futuristic beats throughout the scene.) Might have to rent, at considerable cost, but they are open to the idea. The manager was not there, and is the only one who can "ok" something like this, but commercials and other things have been done there before, so it should be possible. Filming must be done during the week, and during the afternoon, and must be completed by 6:00pm.

This is a list of places we would be able to secure access to. I've checked with all the property owners, and it's fine, but we would have to sit down and organize a date for the two interior places, with the 'Drink' having extremely precise planning. We might want to find an easier place to film the bar scene.......

We have not agreed to a definite arrangment with any of the other parties, because as of now, we're still in the creative process.

I just had some time, and was actually in all of these places for other reasons over the last couple of days, and figure I'd take the extra minute to find out.

I also wanted to keep the ball rolling, so to speak.... ;)

I've also secured a few more lightsabres, all blue, but they can be fixed later. I was able to find a guy who is a certified genius and computer wiz. He'd be willing to help on the post production aspects as well.

Let's keep the dream alive! Think of costumes, shot ideas, directoral and plot concepts, anything, and get back to Justin or myself.

11. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    *Just lurks in the shadows, keeping an eye on this project*
    Hmm interesting.

Cranie; "I will watch your project with great interest, young Primrodo" :)

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Jake...awesome!!!

You and I should definatly get together soon. DO you have my telephone number?

As for the bar scene I have written out there is a nifty room at North Park Church...I can snag pics and show...but if we can film there it would be pretty well.

Remember to mention we are a non-profit film crew. We don't have a whole lot of cash. :)

Define lightsabers?

And Cranie...watching eh ;)

13. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Well, I have the one Ruby's lightsabre, though having that in a film would be pretty bad....

The other two are those ones that you can whack against each other pretty hard, and they shouldn't break. They're 'Anakin's' style, and they could be used for people's belts, or even as props for the fights....I don't care what happens to them, alteration-wise.....

14. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Jake, you must live near me then? It takes me 2 minutes tops to walk to the drink from my place. Not that I've ever gone...but I go to the 7/11 next door.

15. The_Last_Warrior

May 6, 2002

Yup, we're probably in the same area then. Looks like Deb and Matt will be joining us too, next year.

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    UPDATE

I am nearly done teh first draft, but I can already lay out some of the things we'll need to start prepping. Whether we make or borrow for costumes and props :)

Characters:

Jaden: Me, Jedi Padawan...I have everything, aside from a hardware saber for this one.

Adia: Deb, Jedi Padawan...Same as above...mostly.

Mal: Jake, Jedi Padawan and Bad guy. Nothing I think we have for him. We can always use my Aluminus saber for your Padawan saber :)

Gaia: Hopefully Sarah, Jedi Master to Adia. Nothing here either.

Dracas: Chris Leigh, Jedi Master to Jaden. Has his own gear...I think.

Polol: Paul, Jedi Master to Mal. Need stuff.

Derf: Semi-Side kick to Mal. Costume is open concept. No actor for this part yet.

Darius: Bad Bad man who likes to think hes better than any underling, even those who can choke people from great distances. Costume should be something senatelike...and no actor yet.

Man1: Or woman (Faces not really seen, more vocal work.

Man2: Same

VOICE: See above but these are more plot related.

VOICE2: See above

TIRGA: Politician, militaryesque. Open.

YEROH: Same as above, these to are waring. Open

Space Captain: Wearing captainy stuff. Open again.

I also have a Fett-type in my story, and have interesting plans for that as well :)

And of course we'll need extras...maybe 10 total...maybe more. Maybe we can dig up old halloween costumes :)

If any of you know people who could fit a role, let me know, especially older ones...like 28+. Makes a more realistic film when you have more than one age :)

17. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah, they're moving into MY apartment!
    But I won't be here next year :(
    I'm going to miss London and all you guys. I'll have to keep up with the board so I can come visit, I doubt I'll be more than 2 hours away.

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey all!

I am like 98% done the first treatment of the script. Jake has read up to where I am and likes some things, wants to rework others :)

So those involved, especially Deb and Jake, want to meet to polish it up to shooting script?

Opinions, thoughts, storyboarded ideas and general thoughts on where to go next can be discussed there.

One step closer to actually makeing a fan film!

19. agitatedwookie

agitatedwookie Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2002
    Primrodo,

I mentioned this before and was just wondering if you were still interested. I'm an R2 Builder in Windsor and have a near complete R2 unit. It still needs a 3rd leg and radio control stuff to be mobile but the outer legs are near complete. It could be moved but with wires attached (digitally removed later?)

email me at hmacmill @ rjcyr.com (no spaces) for a current picture and discuss details if you have any use for R2-D2

Heath

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Email sent! :)

21. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I am still available if assistance is needed.

22. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Any assitance is great! :)

When we start planning we'll make a detailed something or other :)

Anyone have thoughts about gathering some money?

23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Its done, MWAHAHAHA!

Sylvia is going through it as I type this, and Deb and Jake should be getting a copy soon :)

Now we polish :)

Anyone interested in polishing let me know :)

24. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I am not good with the wording, and though I am a little far away I ouldn't mind helping breaking it down into storyboard/shotlist.

I am a film student by the way if you need anything.

25. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Film student eh....hmmmmmm ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.