main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo FanFilm

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by _JediKnight_, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    If you remember last summer they had a star wars fan film awards thing. I saw something saying that they are doing it again this year. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in helping make a short 5-10 minute movie to enter. if you're interested let me know.

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings _JediKnight_,

I have a fairly large Fanfilm project currently in pre-production called "Tomb of the Jedi." Actually, it's been in pre-production since February 2000. :eek: The project took a one year hiatus while I was away in Seattle, but we are back on track and are set for Summer shooting schedule. There will be another call for volunteers again soon. :D

I am also producing a short 4-6 minute Fanfilm called "Blood Lines" that will be shot sometime in April. We'll need some help on that one too. ;)

If you're planning on entering the Atomfilms Fanfilm competition, are you aware that the rules are that the film must be either a parody or documentary? No fan fiction(I.E. derrivative works) will be accepted.

I'm always up for helping out on other people's Fanfilms. We've assisted several other local groups with their projects. Andakin should be getting close to finishing his "Fanboy Zealots". ;) * hint-hint *

So, _JediKnight_, do you currently have anything in mind for a film to enter in the competition? I think that you'll find there are PLENTY of people here who would love to help out.

Later,

3. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I have a few ideas. The bad thing is that the dealine for the atom films thing is around the first part of june, if i remember correct.

4. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    the idea i have in mind right now is a parody about jedi training. Here is the basic story idea:
    A Jedi Knight comes to the provo area and finds two people, he finds out that they have a high medichlorian (however you spell it)count and takes them to the jedi academy to be trained. During the training they are having a really hard time learning how to use the force. They keep on messing up and accidentally hurting their trainers. Finally they start learning a little bit (hardly anything though). The movie ends with a graduation ceremony for jedi that are becoming jedi knights. The two are at the end of the line, but when it is their turn they are not made jedi knights, they become padawans for other Jedi. It ends with them mad that they are barely becoming padawans and not knights.

I am planning on making it around 10 minutes long

Let me know what you all think about the idea. Any suggestions that could make it better will be appreciated

5. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Handyman,
    If you need any help on any of your films let me know, I'd be glad to help

6. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I wrote my rough draft script for the movie last night. I will try and find a place to post it so anyone who wants to can read it. It is 10 pages long so I need to post it on a website or something like that. I will get it up as soon as I can.

7. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    i do alot of acting (represented by McCarty Agency), im a very capable swordsman, Majored in film at the U, and can grow a great beard. Lemme know if I can help. I can also do a doozie of a script critique (just ask Corrin Wyndrider :) - i think i blew the spelling on that one.

and as long as we're talking about fan film parodies- I thought it would be really funny to do a Jedi musical -ie crossing Ewans role as Obi wan with Christian in Moulin Rouge.
    "The Force is a many splendored thing! The Force lifts us up where we belong! All you need is the Force!"

8. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Wyndryder; two 'Y's but sometimes even I forget.

9. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    allenj456,
    I would be glad to have your help. I will post the rough draft of the script as soon as I can. I think I could use you as a Jedi Master in the movie or as a Jedi trainer that teaches lightsaber techniques. If I can't get the script posted I will bring a copy to Handyman's for you.

10. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings _JediKnight_,

If you need help posting your script, I can do that for you. Feel free to E-mail me.

Later,

11. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    That would be great Handyman. Thanks for being so helpful

12. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

_JediKnight_'s script has been uploaded. You can find it HERE.

Later,

13. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Let me know what you all think of my script. Give me any comments that you have. I want to know how I can make the story better.

14. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    My script is up. Now it's only a matter of time before Allen reads it and tells me what can be improved. I don't mind though. I want him to read it so he can tell me the mistakes that I didn't catch when reading it myself. It's always hard to catch mistakes on your own work.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I've always said there should be a Star Wars musical . . .

*And can you feel the Force tonight
    It is what we are . . .*

Dana

16. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

Actually, there IS a fantastic musical produced a few years ago called "Star Wars: The Musical". The music is professionally done in the syle of "Les Misérables" and other Broadway shows. On the site, you can download MP3s to listen to.

I have been planning on putting on a full production of this musical with studio quality costumes on stage for some time. Currently, I'm planning on doing this locally in the spring of 2005 just before the release of Episode III. Of course, admittance would be free of charge. ;)

Later,

17. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    thats awesome- I had a funny though of the scene in Moulin Rouge where they throw Christian outside in the rain and he's standing outside the Moulin Rouge yelling , "Satiiiiiinnne!" be funny if we have Obi Wan Standing outside the Senate in the rain yelling "Palpatiiiiiiiinnne!"

I'll get to that script as soon as I can. thanks for letting me participate ;-)

18. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    ok- lets see what we got here:

INT ? TOYS R US ?

Two men are staring at star wars figures arguing over which one is a better collectors item.

you have some great potential here for some hilarious diolouge using the super-geek language of the toy collecting world. You could go to the forums over at Rebelscum and practically copy and paste! :)

SYHTAL
    I am Master Sythal.

JOHN
    You look like a Jedi, but I didn?t know that there really were Jedi. What do you want from us?

(not sure about this line- maybe just have him say oookkkkk...like he thinks the guy is a bigger nut than him- that would make the following request of a blood sample and his quick agreance to it more funny)

SYTHAL pulls something out of a pocket inside his robes.

SYTHAL
    I want a blood sample from each of you.

MIKE and JOHN look at each other.

MIKE
    Oh, Okay.
    (VERY funny! the more casual he says ok the funnier it will be)

JOHN

If you work for the cops we didn?t do anything. We were just looking at the figures, not stealing them.
    (make him sound guilty as sin! - maybe even have him subtly slide a figure out the back of his shirt and back on the shelf)

MIKE
    Stupid block, come towards me!

(this would be another place to have some fun. "Readyyyy 1, 2, 3. Come! READYYY! 1,2, COME! Some of us are not tryinggggg!!!" have this whole conversation with this block- kind of like in Spiderman when hes trying to discover how to make his webs fly.)

SYTHAL
    At least he?s making them use the practice poles. (Perhaps have him say "Umm Master? Are those our broom handles?" - "Yes, he got them from the janitors closet. I'd hate to see...." )

MIKE and JOHN are practicing their lightsaber skills with MASTER ULRIC.
    They are not very good at all, they are messing up almost the whole time.
    MASTER ULRIC is being very patient trying to help them get better.

(perhaps have Ulric sitting in a chair reading a book completley not paying attention "That's it... feel the Force...feel- dont think." all very bored. Think of Happy Gilmore when we first see Chubs teaching that old lady to play.)

A line of Jedi is standing at the front of the room. A ceremony is taking place. The ceremony is for these Jedi to leave the rank of Padawan and become Jedi Knights. At the end of the line of Jedi is MIKE and JOHN. The ceremony continues on and then it gets to MIKE and JOHN. MIKE and JOHN walk up to MASTER TERESK, MASTER AZE-LOK, AND MASTER SYTHAL.
    (you MUST have 'Pomp and Circumstance' playing!!!!- the closer you get to making this scene look like a High School graduation the funnier I think it will be. Maybey instaid of moving the hat tassel to the otherside they unclip their fake officially lisenced Jedi Padawan braid and wave it around pumping their fists in the air as they walk off the stage)

oh! sorry but there really needs to be a better ending- especially with a short story- common elements are a return to the begining- somehow retie in the geekiness of collecting and the thought that all this exists. have them come full circle-

overall- comedy is so hard- trying to be funny is probably one of the most difficult things to do. I think it has some great potential- I think the key for this story is to make the Jedi world a little more like ours and make the two geeks as casual and semi-bored as possible. As if it's really not that far fetched that they would be drafted by the Jedi- it was just a matter of time really... :) good luck - if you need my help with anything else lemme know!

19. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Thanks for all of the comments and ideas Allen. They were great. Now time to get thinking again and make the changes to the script. I'll have it up as soon as I can.

Oh yeah, I was thinking about the part where Ulric talks to Teresk about the lightsaber fighting. I thought instead of having Teresk quote what happened it would be better if I actually showed this scene in a flashback that would take place right after Teresk says "I saw into the future last night" (or whatever the exact line is, I'm not looking at the script right now) Let me know what you think about this idea.

And speaking of a better ending, what do you think of this one: Right after the ceremony scene Sythal is back at toys r us getting two more collectors to be trained as Jedi.
    Let me know what you think of this idea for the new ending.

Also if any of you are interested in being part of the cast let me know. I've got to start casting people so I can move into production as soon as possible. I also need someone who can help with costumes.

20. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I forgot to ask about a new scene idea I have. Before the lightsaber part I might add a part where they are learning how to use force speed. This could be very funny. They could try using the speed and end up running into the wall. Or they would both be running around and they would run right into each other and fall down.

21. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Would any of you like to be Jedi in this movie. I am going to need the three masters (Sythal, Aze-lok, and Teresk) Master Ulric (the trainer) and if any of you know who would be good as the two geeks (John and Mike) let me know. I will also need someone to play the Jedi that gets hurt. And I will need a few people to play Jedi that are seen in the background.

Oh, When I just mentioned the Jedi that gets hurt I got a new idea. Instead of having Master Ulric get hurt with the push it could be the same jedi that gets hurt with the pull. This would make it funny, having the same jedi always be in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting hurt.

22. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    "I have been planning on putting on a full production of this musical with studio quality costumes on stage for some time."

Reaaaaally???? My friends and I were talking about that a couple months ago, but we doubted anyone would actually do it! :D

And... uhm..... yes, Fanboy Zealots... it's almost done. We just need a bit more footage. We're rewriting a scene at the moment, because it basically wasn't working.

Hey, Mike, is there any possibility of getting some stormtroopers to come over for a shoot in a couple weeks? It would just be pretty short/basic. If you're not busy and could give us a hand like that, we'd really appreciate it. :D

I G2G, I'll post comments on the script later ;)

23. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Andakin wrote...
    > My friends and I were talking about that a couple months ago, but we doubted anyone would actually do it!

We're DEFINITELY going to do it and hopefully in 2005. I just need to make Chewbacca and C-3P0 costumes and build a radio controlled R2-D2 by then. ;)

Send me an E-mail with details of your Stormtrooper scenes and when/where you're planning on shooting them. I should be able to work it into my schedule.

Later,

24. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    That's soooo cool!!!!

And, I will email you with details when I have them :D

25. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I have my second draft of the script done. I just need to get it posted for you to see the changes. I might just bring it to the activity at Handyman's. (I am pretty sure I can still go) Most of it is the same, I just changed a few scenes and added a little to some scenes to make it better.

Script is almost completely done. I think this version will work. Now I just need to get my cast and crew together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.