main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Fanfilm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MDogg777, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDogg777

MDogg777 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    I am making a fan film and im from Garden City would anyone like to be involved?

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    What's it about?

3. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Maybe you should come to our next meeting and tell us about it.

DB516 site

4. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    We've been thinking about making a fanfilm. Why don't you come to the meeting and tell us your idea. :)

5. MDogg777

May 15, 2005
    i dont think i could get to broadway mall

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    How do you plan on making a fan film if you cant even get to the mall? Just curious. --Billy

7. MDogg777

May 15, 2005
    Whatever ill just let u guys no when its out

8. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    If anyone is TRULY interested in making one we do have a few people with the basic know how to do simple saber and laser effects. 3D modeling is too much for me though :)

Plenty of time to discuss and since our group is growing we will undoubtedly encounter people with their own skill set to contribute.

Let's keep this ball rolling. Who knows what? I know John and I both have mini DV cams and the knowhow to edit and choreograph fight scenes.

We could feasibly begin a project shortly after the next meeting.

I look forward to reading the replies :)

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

9. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    Why would I want to be in a film when the person making it doesn't seem to want to make the effort to get to know us? They haven't even bothered to introduce themselves.

10. swfsbd

swfsbd Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Hello I wouldn't mind helping with a fanfilm although I dont know what I could do.BTW,I'm new to long island was thinking about maybe joining a fan group,but the way you guys got all nasty with this dude i don't know.Just want to know is this a personnel thing with this person or do you guys allways treat peeps like this?

11. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    DB516 is a great group. :) It's kinda hard to communicate with someone new when they're not willing to post hardly any details or be a little more receptive.

12. swfsbd

swfsbd Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    thank you 4 getting back.i understand what ur saying,but that last person that responded kind of sounds like an attack on the other person.I'm new to the star wars thing & a little nervous about stuff like this.

13. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Hi and welcome to Long Island! We are all friendly here. I promise you we don't bite.

I've found sometimes its a lot harder to interpret what a person may really mean online, e.g., are they being mean or inquisitive. You don't have body language and tone of voice to help you interpret how they meant it to come out. I read it as her just being curious, but that's just my own opinion. Now that I've reread her post I see where you are coming from, but only after you posted your opinion. I still think she was just curious though. It just goes to show you without body language and tone of voice two different people can read it two different ways. Does that make sense? Besides, maybe she is just having a bad day. Stick around for a bit and you'll notice we are very welcoming of new members.

14. MDogg777

May 15, 2005
    ya well it's about a civil war on the planet Konack. It's not in the star wars universe, yet it borrows heavily from it. If you want to know more you can just PM me.

filming starts July8th-10th at Adelphi University if u wanna show up u can be in some battle scenes.

15. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    I was only kidding around. Go for the fan film, we need more of em out there.
    Hey InnoVader, TKAOS is leading a fan film project and is looking for camera men right now. Let him know your into it. --Billy

16. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    No, I wasn't having a bad day. I was making a point. It wasn't meant to be an attack on anybody. I don't really like the way we were approached about this, though. It seems like they are only interested in recruiting for the film, and not being socialble. This person is a total stranger - shouldn't we know more about them before getting involved in their project?

We are all very nice people though. And I only bite occasionally. [face_mischief]

17. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I realize that you weren't. I was just making a point not to read into something written online and don't assume someone is unfriendly by a post.

18. MDogg777

May 15, 2005
    I'm sorry if I didn't "approach" you property.:rolleyes:

19. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey, MDogg.

Congrats on trying to get a fan film done. I'm a fellow fan film maker (well, I would be if I could ever get the cash together! :p) I think the first thing to do, in terms of what's gone on in here, is just start again from scratch.

Trust me, I've known some of these members for a very long time, and I can tell you they are very nice people, and can be very helpful. I've noticed from your registration dates that you guys are very new, and this should just be put down to inexperience. Don't worry, you'll learn the ropes in no time! :)

First of all, introduce yourself. Like they've said, they don't bite...too much! :p

Tell us some more about your proposed idea. That might get things going smoothly, get them interested. Tell us what you're looking for in terms of acting, costuming, how many people you need, etc...How long is your script, BTW?

Have you been to this forum before? That might prove useful in terms of generating ideas, talking about equipment, how to do effects, etc...Just do the same thing there, introduce yourself, what you plan to do, get some ideas down, etc. You'll be away in no time! :)

20. swfsbd

swfsbd Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    thanks for making it clear guys i wasn't making a jugement just saying what it seemed like i know internet chat can always be taken wrong.I'll shoot over to your intro section to make myself known,talk soon peace.

21. Dolt

Dolt Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2004
    If you guys make a fan film, you know I'd be happy to show it at one of my library programs. :)

I made one with friends a few years ago which was deliberatly low-rent. While I like Troops and Duality and such, sometimes I think that they've raised the bar too high--people are scared to make a movie unless they know how to do tons of effects. I think that defeats the purpose--sure, effects are cool and help put you into the SW universe, but I think people should make movies just because they have a fun idea and because its a great experience. I don't think I'd ever have the time to make another one, but man, I have a really funny idea for a fake episode of "CSI: Mos Eisley."

22. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    Dolt, Is The July 22 date @ Westbury still a go?
    Can we get some directions? Maybe you can make the
    next meeting to give us the details inperson. Yes,
    as Billy stated I am writting a few ideas so we can
    vote on it at the next meeting. I trying to write stuff
    that is funny ,cool & not a big budget(aka -Revelations).
    Which makes it tuff.

23. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I have a Jedi costume, definetely would like to learn more about your project.

24. MDogg777

May 15, 2005
    well I need people for a battle scene that will be filmed at Adelphi University July8th-10th.

A little about myself. Im 16 Ive been makin films for 3 years now. This is my biggest project yet. I will be doing the effects with Adobe After Effects. Anyone proficient with After Effects and wants to contribute to the postproduction will be included in the credits, as will those in the battle scenes. SO if your not doin anything head on over and join in on my fanfilm.

25. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    What type of costumes do you need?

What other films have you made? I know this has nothing to do with your current film, but I'm just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.