main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFilms monopoly!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by halibut, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I found it on the web some time ago... I don't remember where I found it anymore... but I like it... :)

Fenn

2. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    It's been almost a whole day, and still no *bump*s!

3. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    BTW I remember seeing it on a website...something like TheNextAmidala.com or something.

4. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Let's *up* this thing, shall we?

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I think everybody's too busy playing it and not able to post :D Now if only my printer worked...

6. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    Fenn, i think you missed a couple of the cards...

7. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    What, you mean the Review and Community Forum cards? Ain't done yet... ran out of Mr. Monopoly icons, for one...
    And then there's this thing called "real life" that I've been trying to deal with... :D

Fenn

8. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    "Real Life"? Hmm, I'm not familiar with that phrase...too much homework.

9. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    i have been working on the computer game and it "Should" be ready for christmas, so star wars santa can put it in your sack ;).

but there are a few graphics that i need to have done before it can be finished. I need to have the Counters/icons to be done. To make it easyier for me....i would very much like it if you could make the dimentions of the picture to be a square.

the pictures could be anything. For some reason the only things i can think of are the imperial symbol with a black background or the rebel symbol witht a black background.

Help me monopoly players or this christmas, no monopoly for you.

10. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    have people lost interset in this game.....i hope not. i have spent time on this.....maby waisted time at this rate :(
    please respond, even if you don't have the pics i would like

11. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    The problem is that your making it in Visual Basic, of which a lot of members here are Mac users, so they will not be able to run it. I would recommend doing it in C++ if you want there to be large interest in it.

12. sqerl

sqerl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    do you have any screen shots? sounds like quite the project you got there! Visual basic is fine for a PC user like myself! :)

13. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    If you need any help, I can help. I'm a little rusty in my VB, but still.

14. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    It's been a looooooooong time since we've seen this thread.

15. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Wern't there a couple different people making a computer game version of this? ?[face_plain]

16. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    I was going to, but somebody else decided to. However, if we don't hear from them, I'll work on mine.

17. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I miss this thread. Welcome home, thread! Feel the love of the leftover Valentine's Day scheme!

18. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    If there's interest, I'd be willing to make a Cocoa version of this for OS X... if doggans or whoever is working on the PC version would be willing to collaborate and standardize on how the game communicates across the network, there's no reason we couldn't play this online.

19. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    Did the PC version of this ever get finished?

20. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    oh sorry...well put simply i gave up on it because there was no interest....i like making things...but i like to hear peoples oppinions when i have finished. but if no body wants it happen then i can't be bothered as my motovation had gone. I'll tell you what if you want it to happen, put a reply down here. If enough people want it to happen i will finish it.

oh, by the way. could somebody do the graphics for the counters. All i need is 6 or 8 (not 7) pictures, that are square and not too big. some ideas could be the imperial logo and the rebels logo.

If nobody does the logos i could just use some of the forum icons...if the Moderators will let me....please.

oh by the way.....this may hert a few of you but i can't do it so that it is networkabe as i'm not sure how to do that yet....it's a big enough project as it is. and if you want to make ur own version please be my guest.

21. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    I certainly would like to see this completed. As for the counters, what exactly do you mean? The player tokens?

22. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    yeah.....i guess tokens is better wording. but yes.

23. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    Were there proposed tokens already? I don't mind doing the graphics, but I'm not much on ideas. Also, how large should they be?

24. DarkEnder

DarkEnder Jedi Master star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    I am interested in seeing a computer version. If you want any help or anything PM me.

25. Tempestjonny

Aug 6, 2002
    they shouldn't be to large...about the size of the forum icons.

Edit : so thats 2 now...anymore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.