main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFilms monopoly!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by halibut, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Well, I'm not "shunning" anyone. Unless I exceed my bandwidth, in which case I will shun everyone!
    I'm just making sure that what has already been created doesn't go to waste. I've got bandwidth to kill right now and might as well use it.

2. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Are people still wanting me to make the game?...i had a look at it the other day and realised that i needed to rework a lot of the coding, so it will take a while and don't forget that mac users won't be able to play my version as it will be an exe.

if you are still wanting to have me make it...so me your love.

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I think it would be cool. My son (9) would probably play it incessantly.

4. Weslen

Weslen Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    TempestJohnny - I was going to write the Mac version, and we had started to talk about setting up a standard interface so that Mac and PC users could play online together.

But interest seemed to wane, so I had thought the idea was scrapped. Is this still something people would really like to see?

5. Tempestjonny

Tempestjonny Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    do you have the programming skills to network the games.....becuase i'm afraid i don't.....i have the skills to make a nonetwork game. But if you want to make the networked version, you have my surport. But i dout that you will get many others, thats why i have half given up on my version.

6. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    I could write the network code for the Mac version, but I'd need to brush up on my PC programming skills (it's been a while) before I could write that part. I may just make the game just to stretch my programming muscles - I find that if I go too long between programs that I start forgetting stuff, and spend a lot of time relearning syntax.

7. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    I created a web page for the Mac version of FanFilms Monopoly, if anyone is interested in following along. So far I have the skeletons of all the objective-c classes done, as well as the interfaces.

Some things I noticed that are still absent:

- Images for the money. Who should be the portrait on each bill?
    - Images for the player tokens
    - Card backs for the community chest/chance cards

Fenn, would you be interested in making these? I can program well, but I'm rather artistically challenged.

8. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I'll see what I can do... kinda swamped at the moment, and probably will be through Labor Day... but I'll see... :)

Fenn

9. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Well, Nes bumped the Too Much Fanfilms thread, so I guess I'll bump this one...

It's after Labor Day. ;)

10. Weslen

Sep 10, 2002
    I've kinda got sidetracked with the forum browsing application, so I wasn't actively writing code on the monopoly game recently. I'm also considering switching from cocoa to java so that our fellow Windows users can share in the love.

11. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    That would be nice. :D

12. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Just checking- I don't have time to read all nine pages, but has anyone mentioned The Dark Redemption or KnightQuest...

13. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Whenever a classic thread is bumped, read all the pages. You'll often find that it's worth it.

Like the Meatball thread. I hadn't read the whole thing until a month ago, and I didn't realize what I'd been missing.

14. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Although, it's locked, so you'd have to do some searching for the Meatball thread... ;)

15. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.