main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Fanfilms.....what's stopping us......

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DMZBADGER, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    Hey there...I posted this question on the Toronto board and I guess I should broden this out to those in Ontario. My question is simple..Why hasn't someone or group banded together here in Ontario and made a killer fan film that would even wow Lucas. We have the talent in front of and behind the cameras...we have the people that can costume..the reason why I am asking this is because I am in the middle of filming a Fanfilm now with local talent here in Souther Ontario. It isn't your typical Jedi mumbo-jumbo look what I can do with light saber effects...it has a great storyline (between Empire and Jedi)
    If anyone has any comments I'd love to hear them.

2. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Thats a cool idea! I've wanted to make one before, but didn't have the good video camera or the costumes or the volunteers. lol

3. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    I have access to digital cameras and I have access to a friend that does editing and I am not bad with the costume and set designs...I just thought, wouldn't it be great to have..I don't know..instead of one token stormtrooper, call on anyone that has a costume to band together.
    I'm not saying throw all the cards in the air and see what happens but to have a great story write it...post it here...cast the people here...keep it open and call on anyone with resourses from this area..

4. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    The equiptment wouldn't be a problem. I have some available at my finger-tips. The only problems would be with getting a script created and agreed upon, and people actually fulfilling their commitment to help out. It's a great idea, I'm working on something similar, but the hard part is getting the script done, after that, it's smoother sailing...(But don't quote me on that)...lol
    :)

5. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    My production company as well of a few members are toying around the idea of a fanfilm during the summer. Many of us are very keen on it and we have already practice our saber effects. If you're wondering what can be done in 13 hours using Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, check out this saber test.

6. DMZBADGER

May 31, 2002
    hello again.......Well I need some help from the kind folk here on tfn/ontario

In my next Fanfilm I need sand....lots of it...like a quarry of some sort or a very deserted beach etc,....etc...any ideas in the southern ontario area??

7. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hi all!

I just noticed this thread here, and wanted to share one thing.

I have a huge fanfilm in the makings The script is almost at shooting stage. Its completed, but has yet to be polished.

The team is in London Ontario, and the locale is pretty good for the things I want, and I have a great team.

Each lightsaber is even being custom machined out of aluminum.

When the site is up, I'll let you all know. We Canadians can make good Jedis...look at Hayden! lol!

The following is the teaser. NOTE: The scene is from ANH, and teh saber is not whet the actual prop will be.

[image=http://graphicd.fanshawec.on.ca/g2003/monk/Jedi/Teaser.jpg]

8. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    I have access to digital cameras and I have access to a editing mashen and I am not bad with the costume and set designs...and all that stuff..but i have no friends willing to be my cast and and stuff...if you would like to see some of my costumes heres the site...
    www.geocities.com/saturn_girl_us/jedi-senate.html

9. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm from Brantford does that count? I can't really supply a lot...my brother is awesome with visual affects though...and my mom can make costumes...I have some costume designs, if anyone wants them, so does my friend sam. I'm good at editing stories, and if anyone needs script ideas I can do that too. I've already acted in some plays here in brantford. romeo and juliet, the wizard of oz, and this summer im doing robin hood and camelot. can someone email me the script if you want to? my emails tabithacat15@hotmail.com

10. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    You look so thrilled in those pics KEDA!

My friends want to be in it...but only 3 parts are cast. I am actually going to cast this film, by opening it up :)

Sara, you sound very talented. How far is Brantford from London? MAybe you could audition :)

And in responce to your sig....I so regret not trying out for anakin...I could have...I could have....

11. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Brantford's about 60 miles, or 1 and 1/2 hours from London.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Heh!

Thats not very far...least not as far as TO. :)

Hmmmm :)

Defintely keep an eye out for the site :)

13. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    What site? What's it called?

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Isn't a big site yet, just a temporary one :)

See above a few posts :)

Dark Alliance is teh temp name

15. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    When are the auditions being held?
    I'm 13, if that creates a problem, let me know. My dad says I look like I'm 17, and I can act the part of someone older than myself. When I was ten I played Lady Montague in the death scene. It was drama camp, so we only did one.

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    This fall/winter

Hmmm...Thirteen eh...well theres always extras needed. Background :)

The key female character is a love interest...don't need the courts hounmding us, lol!

17. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm not modest. And trust me, if you put it in a movie, I've probably done it before. I'm not saying that you should cast me as the main character, there's probably a lot more qualified actresses out there.

18. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Just forget it, I'm not allowed on the internet anymore, so I won't be able to come. My mom says the internet is making my mental problems worse, but I know it's making them better. She won't believe me though.

Bye now, probably forever. :_|

:_| ~*^SARA^*~ :_|

19. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Ok I'm allowed back on the net. Where'd everyone go?

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome back, lol!

It got quiet here besides :)

21. Uriana

Uriana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    It's always quiet here.

22. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    ok, you got me thats true too

23. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    My mom and I came to a compromise.

So, are we actually going to do anything? Anytime soon?

24. Uriana

Uriana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Com...prom...ise? Whassat, then?

25. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    A compromise is an agreement, both sides getting a bit of what they want, but not all.

If you still don't get it, I'll pull out my dictionary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.