main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN FanFilms

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by StupidFilmsInc, Sep 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StupidFilmsInc

StupidFilmsInc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Hi,
    I live in the Old Hickory area and make movies with my production company, SFI(mainly me and my friend), and was wondering if anyone knows anything about special effects with fanfilms.

2. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Hey, I live in the Antioch area. I just saw the FanFilm "Duality" It was awesome. I don't know much about Special FX. I am about to graduate from Watkins Film School over by 100 OAKS MALL but were a narrative shcool and they only teach in camera effects.

I would call MTSU. They have a digital animation dept. in their Mass. Comm. building. They use SGI computers and the Maya program which is industry standard. Also the Renaissance Ctr. in Dickson has a computer animation promgram which teaches the Maya program as well. It worth a try.

Hope that helps :D

3. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    You can also PM Elan-Rai or Penzar. They are currently putting the finishing touches on a masterpiece entitled "Quest for Vengeance". They have some awesome effects in it and would give you some great advice.

4. StupidFilmsInc

Jul 7, 2001
    does anyone know of some area film classes? I cant go to MTSU, im only 16.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll direct Elan-Rai and penzargrat to this thread.

6. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Actually, Elan-Rai is the only person doing the special effects for our fan film. I'm doing other tasks (as you can see from my signature), as is he.

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    SFI, what kind of special effects are you wanting to incorporate into your films?

8. StupidFilmsInc

Jul 7, 2001
    Bluescreening, explosions, lightsabers, blasters, and a tad 3D. Im making a parody film.

9. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, bluescreening can be done in various applications. The easiest will be either Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects (AE). They both have keying apps built in to key out the blue.

I use explosions from a program called Illusion 2.0. You can generate explosion intensity and size.

I use Adobe AE for lightsabres and blasters. With AE I can have the sabres actually "glow" and "flicker."

3D Animation is the only experience I lack really. JediToren should be able to help you there.

Hope that helps you out! :)

10. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I had a feeling that my name would come up sooner or later. Anywho, in regards to 3D animation I am doing some 3D work for Quest for Vengeance and then some more for the sequel. Between going to film school (Watkins Film School!), building web sites, doing scholarships, and doing the 3D work for QFV and it's sequel it's not likely that I will be able to do 3D FX for other Fan Films, though I can certainly help you learn how to do it.

If you want to see some of my recent work, check out this link:
    My Ship: PICS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.