main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Acadiana CampOut / LineUp for Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Finally, the plan is in motion. So far Fan Day III has been eliminated and merged with the LineUp Activities for Revenge of the Sith (by the way, I guessed that name, remember ?)

Get your tickets if you don't already have them at FanDango.com

Tentative TimeLine

Sunday, May 15th:
    Docking Bay 94 will be established. It will be a ropped off area in the parking lot and grassy area on the west side of the Carmike Theater, near the Acadiana Mall. It's an area for pitching tents and hosting an ongoing outdoor LAN party for computer gammers. Starting roughly between the hours of 8PM and 10PM I will arrive and start settin' up. Help will be needed. The intent is to allow freedom of movement while accumulating time in line. A list of who lines up first, second and so on will be based on time spent in the campground and calculated when the camp is disolved. Folks will be allowed to check IN/OUT in order to go about their lives, while securing the best seat possible for their viewing pleasure.

Monday, May 16th:
    9:00 AM - Outdoor LAN Party Starts (Bring your own computer equipment and CAT-5 network cable. Wireless also will be available. In the event of bad weather, make preperations to secure your equipment inside your vehicle. A canopy or two will be setup, but not with sides. Also, there will be a computer hooked up to a TV for viewing FanFilms & STAR WARS DVDs & Spoofs)
    5:00 PM - Trivia Pursuit Tournament BEGINS and continues throughout the next day.

Tuesday, May 17th:
    5:00 PM - SignUp for Name That Species
    8:00 PM - Name That Species GAME Starts
    9:00 PM - Trivia Pursuit Tournament FINAL ROUND. Who has mastered the knowledge of the Force?

Wednesday, May 18th:
    2:00 AM - Ourdoor LAN Party Ends & begin closure of Docking Bay 94.
    WAKE-UP or before - begin lining up for seating. Order will be dictated by the amount of time spent in Docking Bay 94. Actual time TBA.
    10:00 AM - Ongoing throughout the day, will be voice impersonations / quotes from the movies, in character. Judges/crowd will determine if participants merit a reward for their performance.
    06:00 PM - Younglings [Age 14(-)] Costume Contest, followed by the STAR WARS Freaks [Age 15(+)] Costume Contest. Judges TBA.

Thursday, May 19th:
    12:01 AM & 12:05 AM - STAR WARS Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Closing Remarks

These plans were announced briefly in the newspaper article that ran in The Advertiser (Lafayette) & The Daily Globe (Opolusas), Sun. May 1st. Expect ongoing radio coverage on the morning shows starting on the 16th, and TV coverage the night of the 18th.

PLEASE plan to spend these precious STAR WARS moments with your friends in line with us. Post below to let everyone know you will be there. May the Force be with us. We're gonna' need it.

2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Summary of Disscussion from other threads that will be locked:

acidblue0 purchased tickets to The Grand not knowing that we are planning on going to the Carmike. Currently, wicket_the_ewok and I are trying to talk him into returning them for a refund (Which is a proven option.) and buying from FanDango.com. He asked about media coverage and I jokingly suspected him as a spy. Still, until the deal is closed on radio coverage of our event, I am reluctant to disclose the stations involved.

SSDExecutor has tickets to go see Revenge of the Sith in Baton Rouge at Rave Motion Pictures.

Our original intent was to hold our organized FanForce Acadiana activities at The Grand, but decided against it when they would not support our organized plans for a basecamp, like Docking Bay 94 described above. wicket_the_ewok had purchased tickets for me and Amberdala but since then we have all returned them and purchased tickets to the Carmike Cinema near the Acadiana Mall.

Lord_Sidious will be in Shreveport the night of the release and all the next day, thus he won't be able to make it to our function.

The Grand is refunding all tickets purchased from them prior to showtime if the ticket holder so chooses to go elsewhere. Just mention that you are with FanForce Acadiana. The staff there was very nice and wished that our plans could have taken place there, but corporate office said NO.

EBSaints will also be at The Rave in Baton Rouge on opening night, and is trying to link up with SSDExecutor. EBSaints said, "What time are you getting to the Rave? I talked to a lady there, and they are showing Ep. III on two screens in their larger auditoriums. I'm not sure how many people they expect, but last Friday, they had about 300 tickets left. Also, what time is everyone else going to their showings? I know some of you are camping our/lining up. I have to work that day and wanted to see what time I should get to the theatre."

To EBSaints and SSDExecutor I say PLEASE join us. It would be great to have everyone in one place. However, I know circumstance arrive that keep this from happening and if we don't see you, May the Force be with you and keep reaching for the stars. I'm sure your movie experience will be GREAT no matter where you go.

3. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Well, my wife bought tickets a few weeks ago at the grand. She's made up her mind that she wants to go see it there. She prefers that theater over any in Lafayette. So I guess we'll be seeing it there.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Check your eMail. There is a deal you can't refuse in it.

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I received personal eMail from each member below:

Confirmed Plans

acidblue0 @ Grand, will drop by from time to time.
    darkest_jedi54 @ Grand, wants to stop by on the 18th and say hey.
    DarthGuido @ Grand, may stop by.

OK. I hope to see you all at Docking Bay 94 :)

6. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    andre and gang...
    i'd like to attend as much as possible, trouble is, I live in new orleans and i'll be logging 10+ hours per day studying for may and early june. if i can find a place in lafayette to set up study camp, i'll likely swing by several times. i'll have some more details later. I'll also encourage some of my lafayette pals to attend.

TND

7. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    I will be at the Carmike for the midnight show.

I will also be in and out of Docking Bay 94 but cannot commit to any set time.

See you there.

8. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    I?m 007 super spy LOL. I need a credit card to get tickets or can I just go to Carmike?

9. acidblue0

acidblue0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2002
    Looks like my friends want to go to Grand and out of 8 I?m the only one who wants to go to Carmike

10. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    swamp you have mail

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    With the FanForce as your ally, who needs friends? [face_laugh]

JediMasterShake, thanks for your generous offer. I will most likely take you up on it.

12. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I have tickets for The Rave in Baton Rouge. I'll probably see SSD Executor there. I'll be really excited to meet everyone else. :D

13. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Hey Swamp,

I'd love to come meet up with you guys in Lafayette, but with work on Wednesday and Thursday, it just wasn't able to work out. I'll be at the Rave in Baton Rouge like you posted above. I'll be looking out for everyone else who'll be at the Rave. I'll be there with a group of peeps from work.

If anyone has any info. on activities going on at the Rave or in Baton Rouge that day (media, radio live remotes, games, etc.), please fill me in. I know the Grand on Jones Creek will have stuff going on, but I haven't heard about anything else.

14. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    OK, my wife and I had a talk earlier and she's supposed to go get our money back from the Grand and get tickets for the showing at Carmike if they are still available. We won't be getting there real early though as the 25th is our anniversary (yes, I know...the day in 77 when Star Wars was released...do I have a cool wife or what?) and I may not be home for it, so we picked that night to go to dinner and have my parents watch our son. Two birds with one stone and all that. We'll be there as early as we can, but probably not before 8:30 or 9:00.

15. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Don't return your ticket until you secure the ones at the Carmike, and if they are sold out, I have two extra.

Thanks for adjusting your plans. Also, it's not like we won't go to see it again at the Grand. Muhaaha ha ha ha ha :D

Does that mean that you will be stopping by from time to time to game with us before the 18th, and YES, the wife is REALLY coool.

16. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I could not get any of these days off of work and I'll probably not be able to go to the midnight showing, but I'll try to make it on Sunday to help Swamp set up, What time would you like me to show. I do wanna help at least with that. Not sure if I can make it any other day, but I'll try to show up to support the team. My only viable replacement at work didn't want to drive for me that week, so getting off was a no go. I wanted to attend midnight, but with work at 7am on Fri, I'd fall asleep at the wheel. Here's wishing all goes well.

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    First off, by your typing, I think you are starting to feel sick. ;).

Next, take a nap before comming on the night of the release, then 3-4 hours with movie and lineUp experience. Take a nap, and your off to work, wired about the new movie. You can handle it.

Finally, between 8PM and 10PM I will show up. Unsure what all I will have with me upon arrival. We still need to start consolidating equipment. By the end of this weekend I will have a detailed packing list. Also, lookin' for pickup trucks to haul stuff.

18. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    I am new to FanForce but not new to the Carmike campout. I have tix @ the Grand for 8 friends and can't get them to switch. I will see you guys @ Comic Book Day, I wish I would have found you guys sooner.

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
  20. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    It was great seeing you again Swamp! It was great getting a free comic book and cookies! LOL Sorry I left early. I had been working all morning and been on my feet all day. So standing up another 2 hours was not appealing to me and it was really warm at the comic book store.
    I will be working early the next day during the Episode III, midnight showing, so I will not be able to make it. I hope everyone has a wonderful time. I don't know when I will be able to, hope soon though!
    May the force always be with you! Kathy

21. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    At the comic store, the guys with the Lightsabers were outside practicing with them. How did they make them, buy them, whatever. Would LOVE to get into something like that!

22. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    Master Replicas has them. Those are cool. A friend of mine got his Anakin Lightsaber in yesterday. They got the blades almost perfect. I know there are people out there who make them. I don't know if my friend still makes them or not...

23. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    You can pick up the lightsabers at Best Buy for $120 or at Gamestop for $99. I got my Vader at Gamestop and let me tell you it is well worth the money. I'm even planning on going back and getting the Anakin.

24. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    Now that you say that, I remember seeing them at Books-A-Million, as well.

25. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    How aggressive can you be with them? I didn't hang around long enough to see if they were hitting with them all out or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.