main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Acadiana CampOut / LineUp for Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    I've read that you can't go all out with them. Most have said that easy to medium is the most they'll stand up to, which isn't that bad is you ask me. The guys who dueled on FCD went at it pretty hard but not full on.

Does anybody know anything about them? Are they a club or do they just get together for dueling?

2. Theyrenotdolls

Theyrenotdolls Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    i heard the ones made by lighttech can handle more abuse. not sure though. The bad thing about the Master Replicas ones is that the blade is not detachable. There are other EL's or lighttech's or whatever where the blade can come off...you can hook the saber on your belt...then attach the blade and duel near full force.

TND

3. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    If you need help setting up let me know .Im off saterday -monday.Il be more than glade to help set the bay up.If you need to get in tuch with me my yahoo messenger is truehart731.Let me know if thers eney thing I can do to help.

4. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    I think I might go with the Master Replica force FX. It is the cheapest and has the original sounds. I will certainly attempt to duel so if I break it I haven't lost a fortune. I figure if I really get into it then I will get one of the other two so I can replace my blade if needed.

5. Clone_Pilot

Clone_Pilot Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Trust me it will be money well spent. I went back last night to Gamestop and got the Anakin version to go with the Vader. Too cool!

6. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    ok, not to sound like a butthole, but please post your opinions about the Force FX Saber in another thread. Now back to business. ATTENTION everyone who wants to help out with the campout, there will be a meeting this Friday, May 13, 2005 at Bisbano's pizza at 6:30 PM. I would like everyone who is bringing something to the campout i.e. tents, generators, ect. to come to the meeting. if you can't, please post and say that you are bringing what you said you would bring. if you would like to help out with the campout, please come. But, if you can't come please post and say what you are willing to help out with. i know this is short notice, but it is the only day i have available before the 15th. If possible, swampsurfer can have a saturday meeting at the same time and place. please post and come to the meeting if possible.

7. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    wouldnt be a meeting if i wasnt working. swamp needs to get in touch with me about donation/canpoies. I will be off on saturday and will be out of town. so you guys might wanna pick up the stuff friday night.

8. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    iv got to work today.so i want be at the meeting.i still want to help out tho.just let me know what time.im off saterday sunday and monday.

9. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    thanks for posting, check your private messages.

10. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Won't make the meeting but if you guys are in a pinch and need someome to run for supplies while you guys are on site, I will be happy to exchange numbers and let you know what times I am available.

11. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    well it looks like i was panicing and there WONT be a meeting tonight. just everyone post what your are going to bring, if you want to volunteer, and if you are going to the campout. thanks

12. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I can come and help set up Sunday night. I've got use of dad's truck so I can help haul things and help you guys set up the camp. Not sure of any other days yet.

13. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    TABLES, TABLES, TABLES. I didn't get around to asking my connection for them in advance. Now we are stuck.

Let's see, Bakh-tor lent us a 24 port switch, with my 4 port wireless router, we can top 30 connections on the LAN. I am thinking about 10 folding tables will be fine.

This will be a BYOC event! Bring your own chair. LOL

14. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    i cant wait for sunday.hope to see yall ther.o and i got a couple of chares i can bring.

15. Soler-Vector

May 8, 2005
    just a sugjetion.we mite want to set up a little earley.that way we have more light to see.just a sugjetion.

16. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
  17. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Won't be there.

18. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hey everyone,

Swampsurfer, I wish I could make it to Lafayette, but there are a handful of people I'm going to be meeting at the Rave here that couldn't make it there. I know Jedi_Skye is planning to be at the Rave before sundown - EBSaints (and anyone else going to the Rave in BR), when are you planning to be at the Rave? Also, is anyone else coming in costume? Can't wait to see everyone there.

19. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I am meeting some people there, also. I didn't realize there would be a big shindig in Lafayette. We've been planning to go to the Rave for a few months now. I won't be in costume, though.

20. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Hey Swamp. Please PM me with dates and times of whats going on. I might be planning on calling in sick and make it to something over there. I just cant see missing out on such and important event as the Ep.3 release just to be steaming mad at work!

21. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Hello all,
    I bet you think I have been shirking my duties as a member (hey, that's the breaks).

I just wanted you to know that I have been doing my little part in the shadows of the empire. Today, for example, I allowed the Science Fiction teacher to use my classroom for a viewing of "Attack of the Clones". The class will be attending a field trip to the Grand to view "Revenge of the Sith". Isn't that cool? As the movie was playing, I gave them some insight into the finer parts of the plot, characters, etc....

You may recall the scene in episode II when Anakin gets his arm severed by Tyranus. Tyranus had an unusual look on his face just after his actions. I am hoping in the next movie that this has some significance. I spent plenty of time talking the movie up... I sure hope it all pays off.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow night. I am sorry I could not help out this time. I have been trying to initiate a few new padowans. I don't know if they'll join, but there is definately some interest.

So, to all you die hard Star-Wars Geeks out there, hold your Han Solo head-lice infested head high, for long ago, in a galaxy far far away, the stars belonged to us!

May da foce be wit chou, Fan Force Acadiana!

Yo-Solo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.