main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Fanforce: ACT ::: Show your support! ::: - Possible first meet!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by ViceKhan, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViceKhan

ViceKhan Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I would just like to bring to your attention that we have no Fanforce chapter in our very own nation's capital, our very own Coruscant!

Anybody from ACT, please show your support of a Fanforce chapter for ACT by replying to this post. Thanks.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    The best place to post about this would be here.

That said, I'll take your suggestion on board, and leave you with this from the Fanforce FAQ. :) :

How do I get my state listed?
    If you would like to see your state listed here as part of the FanForce, then we would like to encourage you to visit the Communications Forum and/or visit your Regional General Discussion forum, and post a topic about adding your state. If you can get enough people from your area to respond and create interest, then the FanForce staff will work on setting up a forum for it. In the meantime, we would like to encourage you to post in the closest metropolitan state forum to you. You never know who you might meet from your area!

Enough people, as a general rule, means three different people interested. If you tried hard enough, I'm sure you could convince Kadue to join, so that really just leaves one other person. :)

3. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    NEVAAAR!

Oh, er, are we allowed to say that?

No fear, even if you don't end up getting your own board, I'm sure we'll welcome you with open arms as an honorary member of Fanforce NSW

4. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Finally, another Canberran. I was feeling all alone here. :( ;)

If you tried hard enough, I'm sure you could convince Kadue to join

No convincing needed, I've been meaning to try and get a chapter started for the last year but never got around to it.

In the meantime VK, join us over in the NSW board, they haven't kicked me out yet. [face_mischief]

And where abouts in Canberra are you?

5. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10192

If this place has it's own board, then Canberra should get it's own too. At least there's a couple of members from Canberra.

Even the thread in the NSW forum on Newcastle has about half as many posts in it as this place does.

6. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    As far as I can see, only one more interested party is needed for a Canberra Fanforce. If you can con someone else into posting here, I shall alert the higher-ups. :D

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Hey that's some narce clecshun o' tumbleweeds dey got goin dere aint it Wedge?

8. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    *up* in hopes this gets more support. :)

9. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Count me in too!

I'll probably be living in Canberra sometime in the future (as a public servant probably) and it would be great to do that.

Plus, I was born in Canberra, it's a great place!

I LOVE CANBERRA!!!!

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I fully support an ACT FanForce. Shame I don't live in the ACT though, isn't it? :p

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, here's to hoping that we can make a first meet out of the release of AotC. I'm calling up tomorrow to see about tickets to the midnight sessions for it, so if anyone in Canberra wants to join me, just tell me and we'll see what we can do.

12. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    *crosses fingers*

13. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I have found a place that is selling tickets already, so contact me if you're interested in making a meet out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.