main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY FanForce Awards 2005 & Pittsburgh Comicon - April 21st-23rd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll edit this post later and add more info, but for now - folks block off April 21-23, 2006 for Pittsburgh Comicon & the 2005 FanForce Awards! This is an awesome con and will also be the location for this year's NE Regional FanForce awards ceremony - which makes it a must attend! The Pittsburgh FanForce is also setting up a fan table as well as 4 panels geared towards SW fans.

~Doc_Bev

*is very excited because Michael Turner & George Perez are already listed as guests* [face_dancing]

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I do not know who those guys are, but I can not go anyways. No Cons like that for me Unfotunatly.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    They're both big name comic book artists. I was jumping up and down in my seat when I saw they were both going to be at this con again. [face_dancing] Even though I've seen George Perez 2-3 times and Michael Turner at least 6 times I can always find more stuff for them to sign or something to sketch. Here's a link to the guest list. Right now all it lists are the comic book guests, but this con usually draws in a dozen or so cool media guests as well. The last one I went to (in 2004) only had 2 SW guests, but they also had 3 Farscape guests.

~Doc_Bev

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    For those thinking of heading down for this con I just read that there's going to be a cool exhibit in Pittsburgh at the very same time at the Carnegie Science Center.

Action! An Adventure in Moviemaking

And speaking of Spider-Man costumes - look what one of the props on display will be.
    And (not that I know if MadKid is planning any alterations to his Indy), but they will also have this costume on display.
    We'll have to make sure to take lots of pictures of those. ;)

~Doc_Bev

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Cool! I'm excited, especially seeing as how I've never been to Pittsburgh, the home of my fave NFL franchise, the Steelers, and the exhibit soounds awesome! I've longed for a bullwhip like that for so long now... this may be the impetus I need to make me finally get one.

6. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I'd definately be interested in this one. Im also a big Indy fan...that exhibit looks awsome!

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We can talk about this more at the meeting on Sunday as well, but I need to start getting a head count established for the Pittsburgh FF so that they can better prepare for the awards banquet. So post here and/or let me know if you're planning on coming, might be coming, know already that you can't attend, etc...

~Doc_Bev

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Daniel "Young Boba Fett" Logan, Ray "Darth Maul" Park and Bonnie "Young Beru" Piesse are all officially on the guest list now for Pittsburgh Comicon.

Don't forget to post here if you're thinking of attending so that I can get banquet counts to S.W.A.P.

~Doc_Bev

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    SWAP has begun an official planning thread over on their forums.

I'll keep tabs on it and post finalized details here, but it might be good for those thinking of attending to pop over there once in a while.

KnightShade and I are still trying to figure out our travel plans (i.e. if we're arriving Thurs night or Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday night or Monday morning, etc) but it looks like the cheapest hotel is a Days Inn less than 2 miles from the Expo Center.

~Doc_Bev

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  11. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Arrgh! Alright I give I give. Put me on the list as going. Hmmm I wonder if I can have my new spiderman costume done by then.........

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Mike, roommates?

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    At the moment expedia.com is listing rooms at $53 a night.

~Doc_Bev

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    MIKE...ROOMMATES? LoL

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds like some folks from North Ridge are thinking about heading down as well so there might be some more potential there from room and car ride sharing to keep expenses down.

Of course as is normal when we go to cons, our car is already full and I doubt anyone will want to share a room with a 3 year old.

~Doc_Bev

16. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I don't think I can swing this con, with going to Disney in May. but if I just *happen* to get that weekend off, it's a possibility. Did you post ticket prices and I read right past them? How long is the drive?

Thanks!

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Even though PCC just totally revamped their website over the weekend - it still doesn't list ticket prices. :( However, based on past years we've attended it costs about $40 for a weekend pass.

The drive from Greece to Monroeville is about 5 hours with no stops.

~Doc_Bev

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    FYI - There is now a thread about the banquet portion of the FF Awards Ceremony at PCC. It'll be Saturday evening.

Also, the costuming panel (for which I've volunteered myself and anyone else coming down from Rochester that would like to participate) will most likely be Sunday morning.

~Doc_Bev

19. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm banking on a couple of local FF groups winning some awards!

20. jedimaster1610

jedimaster1610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Wingnut, roomates?

21. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I may head down for Sat. & Sun. It depends on a Sitter. I may go stag if Lisa wants to hang home with the kids. As soon as I know I'll post my plans.

D-

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Banquet tickets go on sale this Friday until April 7th for $25 a piece.
    For more details see the official thread.

~Doc_Bev

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Done.
    You can ride with Mike and I.
    PM me your phone number.

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm hoping to reserve our room today or tomorrow. Were you guys thinking of staying at the attached hotel or the less expensive one? We'll probably do the Day's Inn, but with so many in the room each of your expenses will probably work out to the same as ours even if you did pick the Radisson.

~Doc_Bev

25. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Let me know what Hotel you decide and I'll look up all the info so we can at least try to have the same hotel..if not same floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.