main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY FanForce Awards 2005 & Pittsburgh Comicon - April 21st-23rd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Ron,
    If there's anything we can do to make it more likely for you to be able to attend, do let us know.

Mike

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    There's a FanForce social planned for Friday night. It'll start at 8pm at Grazie Restaurant which is 1/2 mile away from the Expo Mart/Radisson. Directions are in the official thread. I don't know if they're needing RSVPs or not, but if you think you might be going (we're planning for it) you might want to go post in the official thread.

~Doc_Bev

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Although the schedule is also on the website, I just got my flyer/program book in the mail today so it reminded me about these - make sure to take note of the Star Wars panels:

Friday 4pm-5pm - The Stars of Star Wars
    This'll be the only time over the course of the weekend that they'll be at a Q&A, but they'll still be available for autographs all weekend.

Saturday 11am-12pm - The Tragedy of Star Wars
    Panel sponsored by SWAP discusses the Prequel Trilogy as a Greek Tragedy

Saturday 2pm-3pm - Star Wars Collecting
    Panel sponsored by SWAP

Saturday 4pm-5pm - Building Your Own Lightsaber
    Panel sponsored by SWAP

Sunday 11am-12pm - Star Wars Costumes
    Panel sponsored by SWAP
    This is what I volunteered "us all" for and I'm hoping this'll be more like what I wanted to do at Astronomicon. ;)

Sunday 2pm - Costume Contest

I also found it interesting that every Monday between now and the con they'll be adding new guests. This Monday Mike Deodato was the one guest added that piqued my interest although I think I got everything that I had for him signed at last year's CNSFX.

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Now that Ron, unfortunately is out, Andy and Ryan are in.
    Current Room for Wingnut/TX

Wingnut
    TX
    TD-027
    Akya (TBD)
    Akyaeon (TBD)

5. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Nicky- Is this still true, that we only need a two-day pass if we're costuming on the last day? I'll probably be costuming the entire weekend, but I'll get whatever pass I need to.

YES, gang... I am still planning on going to this Con, come Hell or high water... or weekend radio jobs. I'll "eat floor" if someone has accomodations already booked. Have sleeping bag and pillow(s)...

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Good to hear Dean.

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi - Yes, you only need to get a 2-day pass.

~Doc_Bev

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Nicki
    Where do we go online to purchase said 2-day pass?
    Welcome home btw.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    You can go right here to purchase the passes online.

Thanks! We didn't get in until after 2am this morning so I'm a little groggy still, but it was a lot of fun.

~Doc_Bev

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Finally booked our hotel room for this. We'll be at the Days Inn at $53 a night. We'll be checking in Thurs night and checking out Sunday morning (although we probably won't leave Monroeville until 4pm-ish).

~Doc_Bev

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Reminder to those attending this Con/Awards Ceremony that tickets need to be purchased for the Awards Banquet on Sat night. They are $25 per person in advance. The info to purchase them can be found here.

Also it appears that the mixer dinner that FF is hosting for Fri night and the one that Garrison Carrida is hosting are in conflict. I know that the details for the FF one are here, but I don't have any details on the 501st one other than it is the same night.

~Doc_Bev

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Finally got around to purchasing two tickets for the awards banquet.

Still working on sending in the nominations, maybe after this weekend's events are over with I'll have more time to devote to that.

~Doc_Bev

13. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    this is a friendly reminder that if rochester is considering competing for the best costuming group award I will need a photo for that soon.

Thanks in advance and good luck at this years awards!!!!

14. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Doh -

We should have gotten a photo with The Rebellion's banner yesterday when we were doing group shots!

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im sure as active as you are there is a costumed group photo of you guys somewhere ;)
    LOL

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Working on submitting nominations (including a group picture) was next on my to do list today right after filling out the Lilac Parade application.

~Doc_Bev

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    do u guys have a fanfilm by chance?

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    "Living with Chewie!" [face_laugh]
    I wish we had a video camera.

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't think so, unless the film JediMaster1610 is doing counts. Although since they're filming it today I'm not sure that it would be ready in time.

I just submitted some nominations to Strawbary including links to photos of us in costume for the Queen Amidala Award. If anyone is interested in reading what I sent in just PM me and I'll PM you a copy of my letter.

*moved list to next page*

~Doc_Bev

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm 95% sure TD-027 is a definite.
    The Wingnut/TX mobile is going down Thursday night to get an early start and fresh night of sleep for Friday.

21. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm going! I want to hook up with TX & Wingy, Costume issues may dictate other arrangements, we will see....

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I was just reading a new thread over on the SWAP boards about banquet table themes. For example, having each table a different planet. Would The Rebellion like to sponsor/decorate a table? If so, what planet should we do? I know that Endor has already been "claimed". Even if you're not attending PCC you're welcome to participate/brainstorm about the table decorations.

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
  24. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I'm SOOO going even if I have to walk! I should be able to get there because Don and my girlfriend want to go as well, so no problems there. I can't wait!

EDIT: I just found out today that Don and I both have to work the weekend of Comicon. There is an event that requires ALL of the security guards, so that means US. I'll try my best to at least come down Sunday, but it's not looking good since I have to work from 9PM on Sat to 6AM on Sunday... :_| I'm so disapointed... I really was looking forward to coming. Next time I am SO there.

25. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid is IN, though new job at radio has yet to become aware of these plans, so this may change... though HOPEFULLY not...

MadKid needs the link to ticket reservations for the Con. However, I would be willing to give ANY of our current definite attendees with cold hard cash to purchase my ticket for me in advance. I'm just rollin' in the dough right now.... yeahhhhh... right....

Does this include other Costumes, or just Amidala? MadKid wouldn't mind entering the Anakin contest, if any are running...

EDIT: Nevermind. Just read the lowdown on the Awards on page 1 of this thread....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.