main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fanforce Awards 2008 is cancelled

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 13, 2007.

?

Fanforce Awards 2008 Location Planning thread- please read and vote

Poll closed Jul 28, 2007.
  1. Buffalo without a con

6.7%
  2. Attached to a con - Anywhere

6.7%
  3. Syracuse without a con

26.7%
  4. Doesnt Matter if its a con or not -anywhere is fine

60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    It has been discussed to have Buffalo host it in 2008. After discussing this with Bobachris12 the CR from Buffalo we have come up with a few scenarios.

They do not have a con there but would still like to host it with ideas of not so much having a banquet but having an awards show and a catered afterparty with entertainment.

Syracuse is also a possibility with the same scenario. One of our members works at a hotel and can get us good rates on a fconference room and room rates as well.

Whatever location would be having various activities thru the wekend, softball, bowling tourneyand gaming tourney. and costume contest etc.
    Is this something everyone would be interested in attending or would you rather attend the awards that is attached to the con?

If a con is more of a draw for some then we are left with the question, what chapter will host it. If there is not a chapter willing to host it..... please still decide on the con of choice and I will look into what needs to be arranged.

2. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    just up'ing this to see if anyone else will vote? There are over 20 chapters in the Northeast I know there are a few more voters left out there ;)

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I said, "Anywhere, con or not." I'd like Massachusetts to host one of these, but our big con (Supermegafest) is right around the Thanksgiving holiday, and not many ppl would be up for traveling the week before that holiday, I think.

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Add me to the 'Anywhere, Con or no Con' group. While it would be great to be able to to match the event up with a con, I believe it may limit where the awards could be held.

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I will agree with DW and Wildstar anywhere works w/ or w/o a con works for me. Not sure if I would be able to travel a great distance to get to this or not but we will see once.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thanks for your input guys.... :) I appreciate it ...... tough trying to see which location will draw the biggest crowd.
    We want to move it each year to give everyone a chance to get to it at some point. :)

7. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I kinda think we need to have one out East again. The last two have been in Pittsburgh which is far for alot of people to get to. Maybe every other year we can swap back and forth between the eastern and western parts of the region.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I know I tossed the idea around with LI about having one there when they were submitting their fanfilm. Is Long Island a possibility? Will anyone travel to LI for it?

9. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I still say..."Live Webcam" :p

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I think its a great idea to have the FF awards someplace that is not Pittsburgh. :D

Depending on when it was held would be the deciding factor as to my going more than the location, but I would certainly make every attempt to attend.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    figured you would enjoy the much deserved break next year babe ;)

12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Is any city ready for The North Ridge?

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    *moans* I think whatever City its in, after NorthRidge visits, it wont be the same ;) LOL

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Shock and awe baby... Shock and awe!;)

[image=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/JediXXL/SandA.jpg]

Jedi and Ninja and Geeks... Oh my!

15. RnRJedi007

RnRJedi007 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2003
    I'm for Long Island.[face_praying]
    Maybe have at ICON 27
    (April 4-6 2008- Stony Brook,NY)

16. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Everybody,
    Im Billy from Docking Bay 516 Long Island and the AeroSith band. I like Meriwyn's idea of alternating east and west each year. I know if its east, a lot of our friends from the NYC, Wash DC, NJ, Philly, and Boston FF would come.
    If you decide on Long Island, Docking Bay 516 would like to host the Awards. I'm sure AeroSith could be convinced to perform.
    The I-Con convention (April 4-6, 2008) in Stony Brook Long Island would be perfect location and worth while to travel for the con as well as the 2008 awards. Docking Bay 516 has a few members on the I-Con staff who could make all the prep go smoothly.
    I-CON is a con that wont dissappoint - they are heavy on panels and entertainment and hotels are affordable. They always get good celebrity guests (announced in January).
    If anybody has any questions about I-Con feel free to ask us.
    --Billy

17. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'd love to make it to I-Con. I always look at that con each year, but haven't been able to make it out for it yet. Will it still be at Stony Brook? I thought I heard it was moving next year.

~Doc_Bev

18. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    It is definitly at Stony Brook in 2008. In 2009 they may move somewhere else on Long Island due to a major renovation project going on Stony Brooks campus.

Yeah you'll like the con. --Billy

19. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Hello. My name is Dana and I am the CR of Long Island. DB 516 would be honored to host the awards at I-CON 27.

I-CON is a fan run convention and it is a lot of fun.

20. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll "third" that vote for I Con. It's fun! And waaaay closer to DC, so I admit to speaking out of pure self interest.

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    w00t! It sounds like a plan! Pittsburgh FF will be there.

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Dana I sent u a PM

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    looks like no one really cares where it is... based on the poll, thats a good sign :)
    Just waiting to hear back from LI , no word yet.

24. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Dana has been very busy this week. Docking Bay 516 had a meeting today and discussed it further and were all for it being at I-Con in 2008. Dana will contact you to find out the details of how we should proceed.
    Were looking forward to meeting all of you. --Billy

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Great Billy ! Thanks for the update! I was starting to worry about Dana, which is why I posted in the thread ;)
    Glad to hear everyone is ok and just busy LOL
    I can completely understand that! [:D]

I will wait for details and go from there :)

thanks again for volunteering to host it! Whoot! whooot!

Do u have the dates for ICON? this way I can get a better time frame for planning on my end...

thanks again Billy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.