main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fanforce Awards 2008 is cancelled

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jun 13, 2007.

?

Fanforce Awards 2008 Location Planning thread- please read and vote

Poll closed Jul 28, 2007.
  1. Buffalo without a con

6.7%
  2. Attached to a con - Anywhere

6.7%
  3. Syracuse without a con

26.7%
  4. Doesnt Matter if its a con or not -anywhere is fine

60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    strawbary, I got your PM. I'll be meeting with the rest of my club arround 6:30 tonight. I'll be able to gather some more information for you and give you some more details about how we can help you out.

I'm still hoping that everything will come together between now and friday and that the awards won't have to be canceled or resheduled. I understand you have a lot of work to get done, but DB516 is willing to help you out as much as we can.

--Daniel

2. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    Well, it looks like all of DB 516's hard work was for nothing.

strawbary words cannot express how furious or how dissapointed we are with you right now.

We worked with you for months, putting our time, energy, and efforts into setting this up with I-CON.

Now that you have cancelled on us we fee like all that time, energy and effort was wasted.

You have left us in a difficult position. We don't have your presentation materials, but we still have an obligation to fill with I-CON. Now we're scrambling to put something together with less than a month left to the convention to avoid loosing are good reputation we built with I-CON over the past several years.

We trusted you and you let us down.

You have lost our confidance, our faith, and our trust.

I cannot stress how furious we are that you wasted our time and energy.

--Daniel, President Docking Bay 516 - FanForce Long Island

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have edited my own post and will respond shortly

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im not going to respond ATM to your comments,........

However, i can respond to the fact that you are still trying to fill that block of time.
    I have previous years fanfilms I think we have 4 of them.
    You are welcome to show those. I think that would fill a good 40 min of your time block. I have the slideshow from last year you can use as well.

you could show a fanfilm then do one of your awards/contest , then another film etc back and forth.

If you need those let me know. Im still willing to help you get the hour block up and going, it just will not be the awards as normal.

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I sent this via PM to Lng island and after consideration i have decided to share this with the region as well.

Im very sorry to have read your response in the NE forum.
    I understand your group is upset about not having the awards. It not possible to pull off the physical part of the awards this year.
    However i can still help you fill the time block if you want and can still do a show with the previous years fanfilms and slide shows we could do and sounds like you have some things in the works too. So we can either move forward together or you guys can do your own thing thats your call.

Take care

6. TheBothanJedi

May 16, 2004
    I've disscussed this with the other members of the club, and they are interested in taking a look at the fan films.

You can e-mail them to us at ChapterRep@db516.com

--Dan

7. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    In case someone visits this thread:
    The award show scheduled for Stony Brook's I-CON convention on 4/5/08 is still going on.
    Its now called The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards. This show will honor all fandom in the Star Wars Universe and is being presented by Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club.
    We hope to see you there.
    Here is the Press release

The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards
    Docking Bay 516: The Long Island Star Wars Fan Club and the I-CON Science Fiction convention are proud to present The 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards on April 5, 2008 at the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.
    The show will present live entertainment, spoof films, appearances by some very special guests, and hosted by renowned Long Island DJ Ken Deep.
    The awards will range from categories such as 'Best fan costume', 'Favorite Clone' to hotly debated categories like "Favorite professional Star Wars spoof" ('Family Guy's Blue Harvest' and 'The Robot Chicken Christmas special' are the top nominees). Expect to view some of this footage and we will finally settle that score.
    Other off-the-wall categories will include "Best Biggs Mustache" and "Best Star Wars Themed desert."
    AeroSith: The Star Wars Parody Band will perform, as will standup comedian / impersonator Dennis Carter Jr. performing his one-man-act: "Star Wars characters bus trip." There will be some other special surprises.
    The show is expected to be a laugh a minute - this will not be a serious, traditional awards show. We promise you will be entertained.

The Awards will be held at I-CON 27 on Saturday, April 5th at 5 PM in Javits Hall Room 101 of the State University of New York at Stonybrook, Long Island.

8. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    The cancelled Fan Force awards at I-Con were amazing.

Kudos to the individuals in the Long Island Fan Force.

William, Christopher, Trisstan, Dana, and the rest of the crew should organize the 2009 Fan Force awards.

EVERYONE had a great time at the cancelled 2008 Fan Force awards ceremony.

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    technically there sven they werent the fanforce awards at all just Long islands version of fan awards. So technically you didnt have a great time at the cancelled awards because they were cancelled ;) lol but i am glad to hear you had a great time at Long islands Icon awards. :)

It is still being decided whether there will be FF awards this year. As far as next years Fanforce awards..... any one can hold their own type of awards but for the fanforce awards the RSA's do that.
    I do look forward to attending Long Islands awards next year .... im curious from the rave reviews what they will do to top their outstanding show? :)
    At least this time they have a full year to plan :) yay!

10. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    It was not the Fan Force awards. It was the Star Wars Fan Awards. :)

11. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    They gave out awards to fan forces. Thus making those "fan force awards".

You should have been there. The LI folks did a wonderful job. =D=

I hope DB516 does the fan force awards again next year.

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I heard everyone had a great time and i really wish i could have been there ,however real life sometimes takes over and we have to take care of that. :(

Im looking forward to pics of the event. LI did a wonderful job.

Perhaps they have started a new trend and more chapters will jump in and create award shows :)
    I think its great to see the region getting more active and chapters interacting. Was awesome to see pittsburgh got here.... they are a great bunch to hang with. :)

Once pics r up please post a link i havent seen one posted yet. If one is up please pot it in here :)

13. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Here is a highlight video of the 2008 Star Wars Fan Awards at I-CON 27 now available on youTube.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqlBP1__8uU
    Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6SgGEm9kA

--Billy

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Maybe you can combine the Star Wars Fan Awards and the Fan Force Awards into one big super awesome award show in 2009?

15. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Maybe someone can cancel half of it a month before it happens.

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
  17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    It amazes me that certain people do not understand that Real life issues are priority from the boards.

This would have been the 4th year doing the Fanforce awards and i have never cancelled a show , not to mneiton i financed the first 3 years alone.

So Let this be a verbal warning that anymore comments like that is considered baiting and against the TOS.

I have already explained My reasons for cancelling. Time to move forward and get over it.
    Im glad that LI had the resources and participtaion needed to hold an event. Kudos to them. Thats what it takes to put on a show local help , local rescources. However making comments like that doesnt do anything but create more issues.

Time to move forward Sven and anyone else who doesnt seem to understand.

18. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    stawbary,

I understand your feelings. However, we had already moved on, two weeks ago. :p

This topic had ended.

Regardless, MTFBWY. :D

19. dachin50

dachin50 Jedi Master

Mar 31, 2008
    I've sat back enuff, a word to all strawberry bashers

GET A LIFE

This is fantasy, she had a real life situation to deal with and sometimes they don't come when you want them to, sometimes real life smacks you in the face and keeps you from doing what you want

20. Svenbarry

Svenbarry Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2008
    Ant,

No one is bashing anyone else.

As it seems typical, a response that is almost a week overdue, is posted and a topic that should be closed is bumped to the front.

We all love you. We love Strawbary. We pray for you and hope that all of your collective dreams and hopes come true.

Please stop the negativity and embrace the force, the true religion.

May G*d's love shine upon you, my brother. [:D]

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    As much as I have my issues with Strawbary....now you're just adding to a post that SHOULD be locked.

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    i belive your post is adding to the problem as well. Im locking this and if you have issues with me I would love to read them via PM thank you everyone have a wonderful day! :)

Locking thread now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.