Read, PA Fanforce awards -fanfilm voting is now open

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I noticed an announcement wasnt in here yet regarding the Fanforce awards. Those are being held in Pittsburgh this year in April.

take a moment to check thru the categories and see what you want to enter in. There is also a fanfilm category and also a fanfic one. The deadlines for those is March 31st.

:)

Full list of Award Categories

Also post if you plan on attending :)

There are a few informational threads in that forum too for hotel and banquet information as well as weekend activities. Check it out!
    Hope to see you guys there!
  2. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not sure if any of us are planning to attend (I know I am unable to), and having a look over the awards, I don't think we qualify for any since we really just got started up again. But, hopefully, next year we should be able to put in some nominations.

I know there is some talk of interest in a fanfilm, and I know a few of us getting the writing bug now and then.

3. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    As far as a fanfilm is concerned, that's very much what I want to do, a local friend of mine is also interested. She and I have already written a couple chapters for an idea we have. I have been gathering materials and people resources. I would be curious how many people are interested and in what capacity they could serve this idea. I have a Canon XL 1S camera I bought for this purpose in addition to other equipment. Talk to me people, I am pretty serious about this.

-x
  4. Pugglethelesser Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ooh Ooh, me me pick me pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeee pick me.
  5. JediSoccerDad Jedi Master

star 3
    I'd be interested in a fanfilm, Chris :cool:

6. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I would love to maybe start with getting feedback on the outline/script that my friend Gia and I have started, she may be joining us on the boards here. The big idea that we have written may be too ambitious to start with but we have recently started writing a newer and slightly smaller idea. The newer idea may have a broader appeal to it as well, since it is about a jedi and the more ambitious project is explicitly no-jedi, no-clones, and no-stormies. I need to clear it with my co-writer before I say more than that but I have been itching to put a film together for a while.

-x
  7. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    I think you are probably right to think about doing a smaller project as your first go at fanfilming. I would love to read your outline/script and give any feedback. I, too, would be interested in being involved in the fanfilm, in whatever aspect I can be of help.

--Chris, why don't you start a new thread regarding the fanfilm and let this thread be for the Fanforce awards?
  8. EighteenDelta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well I am still chasing down equipment on ebay and such, DAT recorder and field mixer currently. If anyone has something they think they could contribute (equipment, skills or otherwise) I would be grateful to hear from them to see what's still needed and start building a list. For the smaller and less ambitious project, maybe we can shoot and have it in the can by mid summer? I need to get as much as I can out of the way as soon as possible, since my wife starts law school in the fall, and that means some adjustments to schedules and free time and caring for my two lovely children. First things first though... what do we have and what do we need?

I have:
    Camera Canon XL1s
    Script and outline and start on dialog
    Materials and equipment for costuming
    Some lights/reflectors/butterfly-scrims
    Reasonable computer (just finished building for video editing)
    Adobe Premiere software
    Basic cinematography skills

Sorely Lacking:
    Tripod

Feel free to make suggestions and let me know what you might have to contribute. Skills are important too...

-x
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have a tripod ;) LOL
    YOu arent terrible far from me if you need any help with this I would be happy to help. Sounds like it would be fun :)
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    just reminding everyone to go vote on the fanfilms entered for the awards this year.
    its viewers choice so your vote really helps!

Fanfilms
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.