FanForce Charleston!

Discussion in 'Charleston, SC' started by sylverskywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sylverskywalker Jedi Padawan

Hello there. My name is Samantha Lewis. I'm 25 and I just signed up. I noticed that no one has been talking lately, but with the new film coming up I think we should really try to start a FanForce. Is there anyone else out there who's really interested? Is there anyone going to the 7:30 p.m. showing of Harry Potter tomorrow night at the Regal? :)

At the very least I'd like to meet some of you and chat. You can reach me personally at: sylverskywalker@fanforce.net

sam
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hi Sam. Welcome to the South Region of FanForce. :)

I'm the FanForce South Regional Support Administrator. My job is to help the Charleston forum in any way I can. Just keep checking in and posting. Perhaps more Charlestonians will come out of the woodwork.

All you need is three active members to get started on the path to official FanForce status. Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I can be reached via private message or e-mail (minacia@fanforce.net)

3. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi, there are plenty of Star Wars fans here in Charleston. I've been trying to compile a list! After the holidays, We need to make a real effort to get everyone together on a regular basis.

I do want to tell everyone about a new Con scheduled for June 1 and 2 of 2002 in Charlotte. It will feature gaming, dealer's room and art show, as well as video room and some Star Wars Programming. How much will depend on how many fan's register early. It will be at the Marriott in Charlotte for only $69 a night with free parking. Thats for 1-4 people. Registration for the two days is only $8 if you get your money in by December 31st, after that it is $15 till the end of April. I'd love to see a pilgrimage of Star Wars fans go. I'm also hoping that Fan Force from Atlanta and Charlotte will also attend! Please email me if you need any questions answered. I hope to have an announcement for the main Southern Region Board soon.
    Thanks,
    Janet Iannantuono
    Co-director Matters of the Force Star Wars Fan Track at Dragon*con
    Treasurer: ConCarolinas, Charlotte 2002
  4. Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Knight

star 1
    hi all!
    My name is BoB. and I'm the one who originally got this board started. A couple months ago, I was real hyped about starting a FanForce, but I got very busy, and now my sch. has cleared up. So...
  5. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Bob,
    I'm still here too and willing to give it a try! I'm planning on going to Celebration II in May along with another Charlestonian.
    June 1-2 in Charlotte, NC I'll be going to ConCarolinas, a new Con that is being started. There will be a couple of Star Wars panels and we hope that fan force Charlotte will be in attendance.
    Of course, in September, I'll be doing Star Wars programming for Dragon*con in Atlanta. No list of SW's guest yet, but there is always a good bunch there. Of course, Atlanta Fanforce has a great bunch of people. It would be nice to get a Southern Regional Get together in Atlanta.
    Just set a time a date, Sundays will probably be the best for most people I would think. I'll be glad to spread the word to some of the locals who don't frequent this board.
    Janet
  6. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I would love to see Charleston become an active FanForce group. If y'all need anything, please let me know.

FYI, we Atlanta folks are in the beginning stages of planning a FanForce get-together at Dragon*Con. I'll send out more information as it becomes available. :)
  7. Kendu_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    There are SW fans other than me in Charleston? Wow...mind-blower [face_plain]
  8. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh there are plenty, we just need to get organized!
    Janet
  9. JediJasonR Jedi Knight

Hello. I just joined Fan Force Today. I am 18 and my name is Jason. I live in Union, SC right now, but this fall I will be going to the College of Charleston. So I figured I would go ahead and post here. I agree, it would be great to get an active SW FanForce in Charleston.
  10. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Welcome to the FanForce boards, JediJasonR!. :)

Remember folks, I'm here to help you get organized, should you choose to do so. Please contact me with any questions you may have. I can be reached via PM, or you can send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.
  11. MandiJade Jedi Knight

I really didn't know this "group" existed until I really surfed the whole site. This is cool!

I am 26 years old and have been a SW fan since it came out. My dad was the assistant manager of a theatre back in the late 70's, so even as a wee tot, I saw SW many, many times when my mom and I went to pick him up for work (we'd usually go early and catch a movie).

I still have all my original toys from childhood (yep, one of those girls that played with SW toys). If only my parents had known how much they'd be worth if they hadn't let me open them. :)

My husband and I and my parents are anxiously awaiting Episode II!

And, I personally would like to see more of a Force presence in Charleston. There are three or four clubs for another sci fi series here in town, and I know they are full of Star Wars fans as well, so we should be able to get something going!

Let me know of any plans and any help you might need!
  12. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Welcome to the FanForce boards, MandiJade. :)

I, too, played with Star Wars toys when I was a kid. My mom bought me all the best stuff. My Super Star Destroyer was my personal favorite. ;)

If you have any questions about FanForce, please contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.

13. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, lets try and get something going! I'm sure we'll all be at the theater in just a few short weeks! I'll be at Celebration II, then ConCarolinas, then Dragon*con. So I'll have alot to share. Maybe we can all meet at Barnes and Nobles and talk to start things off? Perhaps a Sunday afternoon?

Lets figure something out!
    Janet
  14. MandiJade Jedi Knight

Well, Sunday usually after 3pm are fine with me. My family is usually done with church and dinner by then. I'd like to hear the DragonCon and Celebration news!

Looking forward to Episode II more than ever!
  15. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi,
    getting ready to go to Celebration next week. Yeah!! We'll get lots of pictures and I'll be sure to hug Hayden for you all<lol> Yeah, right, I'll be lucky if I even see him<g>
    After I get back, I'll be gearing up for ConCarolinas in Charlotte, NC. June 1-2, the Southern Garision of the 501st will be there, so a Strong Star Wars presence will be felt. Their website is http://secfi.org/concarolinas if anyone is interested.
    Dragon*con programming is progressing. We know that Tim Zahn will be attending as well as Jeremy "Boba Fett" Bulloch, at least 3 more Star Wars guests are in the works. I just got the new MotF website up this week. (It was my web design final project and had lots of restrictions, so don't expect a work of art, but more pages will be added in the coming weeks) Anyway, it's at http://motf.netfirms.com.

Please feel free to email me at tuono@prodigy.net if you want to get together.

Thanks,
    Janet
  16. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey guys! I'm James, the former City Rep for Charlotte, NC. I figured I'd drop by and see how y'all were doing. Have you guys got anything planned out for a first FanForce meeting? I'd love to see you guys grow into a nice FanForce :D

If y'all need anything ~ web design, custom banners for the board, etc, then feel free to PM me!

I hope to see you guys form up as a FanForce soon! Good luck! :D
  17. Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Knight

star 1
    I hope we make one eventually. We've beent alking about it off an on for a year now! We'll do it eventually.
  18. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    All you guys need is the proper motivation :)
    Why not wait until all of y'all get back in town and go watch AOTC together or something? Or you could just go meet a pizza place and meet there ~ Restaurants are always good :D ~ Anywho, if you guys need anything at all, feel free to PM me. I'll be checking through here quite often ;)
  19. CurseMyMetalBody Jedi Padawan

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum thing, but if you happen to be going to the Palmetto Grande in Mt. Pleasant about 13-15 of us Star Wars fans are gonna be there, so who knows, Maybe we'll see one of you there.

Jimmy
  20. jedi scholar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi all,
    I would love to become part of any group that you guys create. I live on James Island and have a 7 year old who is as obsessed with Star Wars as I am. My neighbor's sons are also big fans. We all went together on opening night to the Palmetto Grande. The kids all dressed up and it was a lot of fun.
    I really hope that we can get this going. Let's all try and come up with some specifics about meeting soon.
    Krista
  21. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi all,
    Just recently got back from CII with my dad and fellow Charlestonian Larry Moss. We live over in North Charleston/Hanahan area. You can see pictures at http://motf.netfirms.com

It was a blast! Next week, I go to ConCarolinas in Charlotte, NC. I'll be organizing the Costume Contest and doing a Star Wars panel. The Southern Garrison of the 501st will be there-including some Charleston Members and hopefully the new Charlotte Fan force group. I'll try and talk with them and find out what we should do. Then it's off to Dragon*con this Labor Day where I do Star Wars Programming for them. So far, Jeremy"Boba Fett" Bulloch will be there, Tim Zahn, Mike Stackpole, Kammy Bonias who has a Star Wars role playing game, and perhaps Jerome Blake who played 5 characters is EPI and serveral in EPII. More people will be added. I've been talking with the Atlanta Fan Force for about a year in trying to get something started. I know we have the fan base to get something going, it's just finding a convient time and place for everyone to get together.

How about meeting at one of the theater's-one with good sound, we went to the Regal 18 and although the stadium seats are nice, the sound was horrible) Some Sunday, say at a 1 or so show, then going somewhere after for lunch and to exchange emails, phone #, etc to get something started?

I'm available this Sunday or in two weeks from this Sunday if anyone is interested.

thanks,
    Janet
  22. jedi scholar Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi Janet,
    I would love to get together with you to get this started. This weekend I'm hosting a grad party for a friend but am free and clear after that for most of the summer. You're right, Regal's sound is awful--it's worth the drive to go to Palmetto Grande. Feel free to PM me or leave a message for me at my husband's business--Rococo Bakery (763-2055). If there's anyone else monitoring this board, please feel free to contact me.
    Thanks,
    Krista
  23. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, lets set something up either Saturday June 8 or Sunday June 9 at the Palmetto Grand.
    Everyone chime in on what day will be better and mornings,afternoons,etc, then we can set a time and day. Then we can start passing the info to others maybe not on the board. I can get FanForce info from Monica or some of the Charlotte Seperatists next week.

How about this for Charleston-
    The Dagobah Swamp Foxes
    The Naboo Swamp Foxes
    Port City Rebels

We must think of something clever that is Star Wars, but also reflects SC and Charleston.
    Janet
  24. jedi scholar Jedi Master

star 3
    Either day will work for me. I'm flexible with times as well. I love the whole Swamp Fox thing--really funny. I'll notify some people that I know and I'll keep checking back.
    Krista
  25. motf-jan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, how is this--
    We have our first meeting on Sunday, June 9th at the Palmetto Grande in Mt Pleasant. I think there is a show at 2:30. How about meeting in front of the the theater at 1pm that will give us a chance to get tickets, exchange emails, phone numbers etc and talk a little bit about what we'd like to do as a club and then we can all go watch the movie together and we can kind of leave it open if we want to grab a bite nearby and talk some more or not. All ages will be welcome as I think we can organize various events that could include different age groups.

If everyone is ok with this and think they can make it, please post here so we'll know.
    Or if Saturday is better. What ever the majority of people can do, I'll go with!
    Thanks,
    Janet
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.