FanForce Charleston!

Discussion in 'Charleston, SC' started by sylverskywalker, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi scholar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sunday, June 9th is fine with me. I'll be bringing 2-3 people with me as well.
    Krista
  2. Darth_Stubie Jedi Youngling

Hey i am one of kristas neighbours sons that loves star was and want to join the Fan Force and if you need my help making a web site for the group i can do it.
    I was a webmaster for my school and i took a classs about web design.
    I can also talk about star wars on the 9th
  3. DarthPorky Jedi Youngling

Greetings well it looks like this is gonna work so I'll see every one on the 9th. This is the Other of Jedi Scholar's friends.

GO SHAAKS!
    MAy the Force be with you!
  4. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great then we'll do it that day. I'll pass the word to some of my 501st Stormtrooper friends here in Charleston when I see them at ConCarolinas this weekend. Hopefully, we can get some costuming people too.

Sounds like we'll have a good age range. I'll be there with my 10 year old daughter. Don't know if I can talk her into wearing one of her Amidala outfits or not<lol>

I'm studying Digital Media at Tech right now-which is Mulitmedia and Web Design so it's good to know we have others who can do this too so that we can get a website going.

I'm thinking about making some half sheet fliers with some details on them to give out to people seeing the show, maybe pass some out at Tech, etc. I think we can get something going and perhaps get enough of a group together to maybe get a Star Wars day at the Northwoods 10 or get the IMAX theater to have a special showing of the Special Effects movie which has the opening scene of Star Wars on it! Other groups have managed to do this and we certainly have the facilities to do this.

See ya then.
    Janet
  5. Darth_Stubie Jedi Youngling

We could possibly start a newsletter or a flier and send them out about like a calander of what is happening during that month. I could do that for us and if you email me the informatoin about what is happening or some great news you want tell everyone i can recieve email at astubie2002@yahoo.com
    If you want to get just email me or post your address, name, city and zip code.
    This would be great start to our fanforce
  6. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, maybe we can arrange a road trip to Myrtle Beach sometime?

The way fan force works is that we need to have at least 3 meetings with 3 or more people attending. We will need to elect a city rep who will contact the regional rep with information about our activities and meetings. They will post this info on the Force.net for all to see, and of course we can do that here too.

To maintain our Fan Force status, we need to plan at least 3 events a year. This can be a variety of things such as a visit to a children's hospital with Costumed members, or sponsoring a child or family during Thanksgiving or Christmas, having a charity auction or raffle, or going to schools talking about Star Wars collecting or gaming.

There are a ton of things we can do so I don't think this will be a problem. Some clubs have a president, treasurer, etc and collect dues. Some are less formal. This is something we can decide on once we get a regular group of members and we decide what we want to accomplish with the group.

Thanks all for now--And Socks, you certainly can participate on the boards with us even if you can't come down to Charleston.

Janet
  7. jedi scholar Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hi all,
    Looks like this will turn out pretty good. I'm bringing my 7 yr old daughter with me and I know that she'll gladly dress-up as Amidala. I'm sure that I can convince the neighborhood boys to participate as well. I really hope that Salty Yoda can join us too. Janet your idea about a MB road trip is good too--we go up there all the time to visit family.
    Krista
  8. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    I had my other name deleted. I would really like to get involved with the Charleston Fanforce. As I said in my previous post, I live in Myrtle Beach and there doesn't appear to be anyone on these boards from Myrtle Beach.

I am considering coming down to the meeting you are having next weekend. All I need to know is when and where. My email address is
    saltydx@sccoast.net.
  9. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok, I'm going to have the meeting posted on the Force.net announcements for those who don't get to the boards.

Salty, the palmetto grande is in Mt Pleasant on highway 17--maybe 70 minutes from Myrtle Beach depending where you live. Maybe less if you live on the Georgetown side. Coming from Myrtle Beach, it is on the left hand side in a large shopping center. I can't think of the name at the moment, if we have someone else who can help me out with that, I'd appreciate it. But, I think if you go to Fandango.com, go to Charleston, and ATOC screenings, they have a map to the theater.

They have a 2:30 screening on Sunday, so if we all plan on meeting at 1pm, this give us time to talk, etc. and get good seats!

On another post, you asked about Dragon*con. Dragon*con is August 31-Sept 2, in Atlanta, GA (Labor Day Weekend) The URl is http://dragoncon.org. It is the largest convention of it's type in the US. Something for everyone and usually if you go one time you are hooked! This will be my 6th time going. The 501st have their world meeting during this con so it's a chance to see 400+ stormtroopers all in one place.

Janet
  10. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
    I plan on being there. If this is the theater that is at the Mount Pleasant Town Center then I'm there. I'll be at the theater at 12:30 on the 9th.

I really want to go the Dragon*con. I'm not sure about it yet but I'll know soon.
  11. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes that is the one-I've talked to some other people who are interested, but can't make it this weekend. So we'll try and plan another one in July perhaps at the Barnes and Noble in North Charleston. I think it would be wise to move the meeting places around town so that it is convient for everyone. Maybe August, West Ashley. I guess it'll just depend on where everyone lives. And we can have smaller meetings in between for people with related interests such as collecting, gaming and costuming.

Can't wait to see everyone-
    Janet
  12. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I just wanted to let all of you know that your meeting announcement has been posted to the FanForce website, so y'all are ready to get the ball rolling. :)

Have fun this weekend and let me know how the meeting goes.
  13. Master Salty Jedi Knight

star 6
  14. Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey guys,
    I'll be there. I go away from the board for a month and wow, it's all gotten together. I'll be wearing my Darth Maul t-shirt. I'm debating with myself whether to see it again (I just saw it TWICE tonight), but I'll see tomorrow.

I promise to stay more active in this (until I move next year!)

15. motf-jan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    yeah, your out of it for a little while and people get delusions of granduer!

Glad your coming. I'll be in the Blue Celebration II tshirt, and my 10 year old daughter will be with me. She favors Padme' a bit so you should be able to find us.

Janet
  16. MandiJade Jedi Youngling

Too bad I was out of town today! Well, anyone, please let me know when the next meeting is...

I hope I can make it!

Mandi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.