main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW FanForce Check-In Thread - Please Read

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediMasterKieca, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    Lach...

Yeah mate that fire was outside the home of my Great Aunt - the White Fence property about 400m up from Cattai Ridge Road to the North.

Luckily it was spotted very early by a firefighter and the Glenorie fire bashers knocked it out early.

Like you I'm surrounded by bush but we've got some breathing room from the fires to the west. The big danger is a random fire starting in the valley off Old Northern Road.

Glad to hear everyone seems to be ok - only Kieca appears to be in some strife - any update - are you ok?

Just on the LOTR - sorry I couldn't meet you all for that meet!

But I see it tomorrow - don't spoil!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas

Seeya

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    It's been smokey skies for the past three days, which is doing wonders for us asthma sufferers. No immediate threat here in my part of the Shire, but a lot of the roads are closed down south preventing some of my family from going on holidays. Ash keeps collecting on the veranda here even after its been cleaned up.

Anyways, hope you're all fine. Be safe and have a happy holiday.

3. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    I'm fine. I have Dad down from the farm for Chrissy and he's getting a bit fidgety (he captained the Eastern Dorrigo BFB for 25 yrs), but the fire isn't close.

4. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Most of the fires in the mountains are moving thru the national park, and apparently its gone into a whole bunch off spot fires so keep your fingers crossed that the wind doesn't come back up.

5. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Apart from having to detour via Golburn, the trip back down to the south coast was fine.

And they have the 4 fires here at the south end of Canberra under control and almost out. Hardly any smoke around here at all.

6. Darth_Tool

Darth_Tool Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    Almost got your tool burnt huh?

7. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Stay safe guys. :)

8. OwenHBrown

OwenHBrown Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
    I am safe and unburnt.

Thanks for your concern.

Owen.

9. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Just heard from Sith-Geko's older female parent.

Clare is fine and staying in Sydney...so that's almost everyone I think.

If there's anything I can do to help from down here....just scream...anyone.

10. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    Sorry guys forgot to mention Clares ok [face_blush]

Update on the blue mountains. Theres burning off happening just behind me and Clares school which is about a 7 minute drive from my house. [face_plain]
    Fingers crossed

11. daahd

daahd Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    if anyone knows the whereabouts of JediGecko,could they please immediately

contact her Mum on CENSORED, or her Dad on Sydney CENSORED.

she has been missing since sunday pm. Last seen in the company of Drew from

Perth, who had, despite warnings from both of her parents come up to the

Blue Mountains, and secretly with the aid of Pigalek, persuaded her to "run

away from home" with him. No regard for consequences.

In the midst of busfire preparations and little sleep, I find it sad that

anyone could possibly be so selfish as to encourage a family's breakup via

the use of this forum for their own ends nomatter what reason.

Understanably,this on the heels of a week of intense fire caused sleep

deprivation, her Mum is now close to hysteria, as would be any parent.

I would like to apologise to Clare for any misgivings & preconceptions that

I have had about this man up until this day. unfortunately I cannot forgive

his current actions as of this time. would any parent?

If Clare feels truly afraid of her parents reactions at this time, we simply

worry for her, and both love her dearly. (need hug... c'mon, give your dad a

hug Scot). & as parents I guess, the more you care about your kids, the more

often you find your foot in your mouth.

Anyway, thanks for listening, guys and thanks to you all for helping to be

there for Clare, and enriching her days so much.

That also, is a real treasure

Warren

EDIT: Private ph#'s on public worldwide forums mightn't be so good. PM daahd if you need them :)

12. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oh that's awful. I can understand the things that might lead SG to doing this. I remember being that age and in love too. Just let your parents know you're okay!!

SM, you are an adult and well respected on these boards. This isn't fair on her parents, or on SG really. Do things the right way, and all will be well.

13. daahd

daahd Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Well, it's now 10.50am est.

Both JG,s Mum and I have not slept.

Before this unfortunate new matter now becomes a concern for legal authorities, I wish to appeal to SM.

As I have not been afforded any introductions to any of you until this point, except for some of the gang in Sydney (good guys, all), I have had little idea as a parent who my daughter was mixing and bonding with.

When suddenly confronted with the concept of a 29 year old divorced father - who has now become intimate with your daughter, who, until 2 months ago was 16 - traversing the country at christmas time to see her, you worry - end of story.

to see the above now unfold after putting aside my initial concerns to trust my daughter's judgement, can do nothing but demonstrate manipulation and deceit.

Sith Magician, if you trully consider yourself a remotely responsible adult, you will immediately make ammends for your actions in this matter, and be aware of the consequences of your obvious influence & advantage.

Jedi Gecko, You will hereby cease and decist all paranormal activity and return to the nearest parrallel dimentio... oh, wait a minute...

Sorry, poss' for bringing this to the forum, as I am to you all.
    This is by far a last resort.

...There is a big difference between good ol' kneejerk reactions from a dumb foot-in-mouth dad (d'oh!) to the heartbreak of becoming cornered into suspicion, as you may feel as if you are cornered as a suspeee.
    As you would know that I know that you... well, the last thing I want is for you to feel pressured, or afraid, or unloved

With the fires now abating, and the new year approacing (yawns) it's time for all to think clearly. No telling stories. No need to feed fears into mountains, nor creating "sides".

Clare, we all love you

14. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    As much as I have an opinion on one of the involved, I'll desist. But really, you know what's for the good of her.

15. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    This must be such a painful time for all involved. I feel like it's hard to say anything (not knowing much of the situation) without putting my foot in it, but you're showing a real depth of genuine concern, Daahd.

At different times I've seen both SG and SM come under heated personal fire in discussions in here, and they've been able to put aside their feelings/pride and make their points with reason and respect, and so I'm confident they will contact you and you guys can talk it out.

16. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    OK everyone:

There has been a side poresented here that makes it look bad for both SM and SG. While a lot of the facts of these posts are accurate,. there are some discrpencies in what Ive learned are the facts.

I know that a few of you were woken early this morning by phone messages of one sort or another. I was as well. Clares mother was very worried about her and the events of last night.

Now I have spent the whole morning on the phone to various parties and in the end they will sort it out themselves.
    Clare, Drew and Clares parents are the ones involved in the incident, and in the end it is up to them to sort out.

Drew and Clare were both grateful to those worried about them, but Drew asked me to make one request: If u have his number, dont ring him. He has had enough calls from various porties throughout the morning, and while hes grateful u all care, it isnt helpful to the situyatuion. U can help them most by giving them their space.

And in the end thats the whole message: Clare is fine, and is safe. A few people that I know of know where she is, and while I ask u alll NOT totell others if u know, it should be said she is safew, and fine. They both are. Lets all now NOT talk about this. Irts a family affair, not forum gossip.

Thanx guys. I know a lot of u have been stressed.

Craig

17. daahd

daahd Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Craig, thankyou for your efforts.
    you've been wonderful.

To you and to all others, my sincerest apologies.
    Things can only mend from here on in. It is now a matter for immediate family.

This will be my last post on the forum with regards to this.

As I hope you will all now respect and do likewise.

Thankyou all, and keep well

Warren

18. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I have some very strong opinions on this matter, but I shall refrain from publicly commenting about anyone until I have had the chance to confer with the relevent involved parties.

All I will confirm at the moment is that both are safe and well and out of the fires path.

Dan

19. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    You don't need to worry about Clare shes fine. I'm sorry things happened the way they did but I can't change that. My step mum talked to Clare and Drew while I was at work and they are both ok. This is Clares decision guys and she feels calm and confident about it.

20. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Maybe this topic should be dropped now that all the relevant parties involved are back in the loop and up to speed?

There is no need to air other people's laundry on a public forum such as this.

Back on topic please: is anyone still in peril from the current fires in and around Sydney?

21. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    We fine here in Minchinbury, except for the friggin' smoke!! ***Cough, cough***

22. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

No man is an island, entire of itself;
    every man is a piece of the continent,
    a part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less,
    as well as if a promontory were,
    as well as if a manor of
    thy friend's or of thine own were:
    any man's death diminishes me,
    because I am involved in mankind,
    and therefore never send to know
    for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

23. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Oh boy! There is a fire south of Newcastle that is seeing a huge ploom of smoke coming over the city. All week we've had the whitie look but this afternoon it's turned into a massive orange/brown cloud. It really reminds me of the 94/95 fires now.

24. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

We got really pretty red/brown ones up north-west of Newcastle...

And meanwhile, my sister is in Darwin, being warned of a cyclone building in the gulf.

*puts on REM: It's the end of the world as we know it ... and I feel fine...*

25. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    How far North-west of Newcastle? It looks frightening now. But the radio said it was really just a small fire and the wind is making it look bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.