main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW FanForce Check-In Thread - Please Read

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediMasterKieca, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

No, it's the flames and smoke making it look bad ... :p

Speaking of the Maitland-Mulbring-Cessnock area...

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    There's a new blaze in the Pennant Hills area, looks pretty bad. I had to drive pretty close to it on my way to work, very thick, dark smoke.

Do we have anyone in the area?

If you are let us now your OK!!!

3. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Funny how Bryce Courtenay just brought out a book on bushfires...

Coincidence?

4. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Prolly not OZ

Theres a big bushfire in thats broken the containment lines to the north of me I'm not exactly sure how far away it is but its far away enough at the moment to not have to worry about evacuating yet.

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Jenna: That West Pennant Hills fire was threatening my area (Marsfield) earlier. It got right up to the M2 (which is a block or two from my place) but then turned in another direction. The first I knew was my flatmate ringing me in Tamworth saying "what do you want me to pack if we evacuate?". I was pretty sprung. Apparently the copter was taking water from the uni lake and zooming over our house all afternoon. But we're ok for now.... :)

6. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah Jenna, I wondered how close your place was to the 'action'.

7. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    The fire front in the mountains is 60km long and the winds have been pretty hetic today altho it wasn't as humid as yesterday. There is a fire in Blaxland which is near me but I don't have to worry bout it unless the wind changes direction

8. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Right now i'm worried about my uncle on my sister's side, he ad his family are / were holidaying near Jarvis Bay down south, if the wind changes direction to a southerly, then they'll be in for some trouble

9. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    Theres another fire in between woodford and Falconbridge which is going towards houses.

10. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    My Dad went back to our farm (near Coffs Harbour), then turned right around and came back down here with the brigade. Wish I knew where he was.

11. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    Mark me off too.

I dunno what's going on in Heathcoate, it's not too close to me, but i have a few buddies living down there. i dunno how they are, haven't spoken to them since the last day of school...

Hope ur dad's ok, kalor!

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Just got back from Jervis Bay today, most of the area is pretty safe. The bay got really hazy the past couple of days, but other than that, it was fine. Coming home along the F6 was scary. The way looked almost unfamiliar even though I've travelled up and down it at least weekly for the past 2 years going to uni. All black and bare, with road signs toasted. :(

13. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    man some of my friends get lost at the shopping centre even thop they've been there a thousand times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.