main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC FanForce Christmas Party

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by star0258, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    Hello everyone!
    I thought it would be fun to have a Christmas party at one of our next meetings. I would be more than willing to coordinate everything but need help determining a date. I know we have a variety of different schedules so feel free to toss out a few dates that you're available.
    Aside from food and music I thought we could play a few games too like "sneaky santa" (this is a G rated game but I'll get into that more at the party). And maybe even a more elaborate scavenger hunt that takes longer than an hour. I'm thinking also that this should include any and all children and families who have not previously attended a fanforce get-together.

Anyway. If you're not interested in a party then how about something else like (but not limited to)
    -a pot-luck dinner
    -going out to dinner as a group
    -volunteering to visit a childrens home (maybe too late to arrange that but who knows)

I'll look forward to reading your replies! Have a great weekend everybody, and as always, may the force be with you :)

2. Darth_Phanax

Darth_Phanax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2007
    Great Idea!

3. SmashVadersFist

SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    Sounds like a great idea. I would just need to know the date since I already know that I have to work the Kannapolis Christmas parade (on a Saturday night). I also have a week of on-call coming up but I would still show up, I would just need to leave if I get called out. I will check out the dates for all of my stuff and post again tomorrow.

4. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Sounds GREAT! You are more than welcome to plan this for my home or out at a restaurant or wherever....

5. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    A volunteer theme would be great too! When I was leading a cub scout den - we use too bring everyday needs like soap, deoderants etc. and candies to the local old folks home for poor (mostly without family) residents. OR WE COULD volunteer to work the salvation army bell ringing at the mall - would need to call right away to see if they have any open time slots (OR we could all pitch in and sponsor one or more kids for a gift off the angel tree - salvation army at mall and give as a group to someone less fortunate).

We could do these things separate from the party day or same - you pick! I know I have a work party Friday the 14th and then Saturday the 15th we have the Tayor's kids (3 of them - pray for us - just kidding Matt). We could do something then since they would already be here - whatever.....

You can use our house or whatever Karen! I like the initiative of someone else planning something too.

Anyone for a chineese auction gift giving (maybe an ornament no more than 10 or 15 dollars)?

Dinner out? dinner here - dinner there? Scavenger hunt.....? like Halloween w/ digitals would be fun!

6. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    Thank you for posting interest! I've come up with a few dates...will any of them work for you guys? If not, we could always do it AFTER Christmas, no reason the season should end on the 25th!
    December 8th. That would be this saturday night, would be some quick planning, but i'm off work for the next two days and could pull it together!
    December 9th. Very untraditional to meet on a Sunday, but hey we're celebrating Christmas after all!
    December 23rd. Again, another Sunday, let me know.
    I'm sorry to say that the ideal weekend would have been the 14/15 but i'm going out of town that weekend, oops!

So here's what I think would be neat. If we have it before Christmas we'll all bring two items. One would be a small gift $10 limit with which to play a game. The other would be something along the lines of a hat, scarf, mittens, sweatshirt to give to the salvation army. If we have it After christmas the same goes with the gift only instead of hats and scarves we bring canned foods! It is a hard season for many people in our counties who are not as fortunate as we are and food is always in short supply during the winter. Anyway, at the party instead of a "dinner" i'll set up a buffet of finger-foods (yes they'll be guy friendly) and treats (i'll ask everyone to bring something after the menu is complete). That way we can munch all night as is our tradition!
    So besides eating we'll play some games, christmas related, and have a great time.

All we need to do now is set a date!!

7. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    The 23 date is not good I will be at my grandmother christmas party. The other dates sound good though.

8. SmashVadersFist

Nov 7, 2007
    I have to work the Parade in Kannapolis on Saturday from about 7pm till 9 or 10 (depends on how long clean-up takes),Sunday works but it cant be an all nighter, The 23 rd I am on call,(actually the whole week) I could show but may have to leave if called out. Christmas day I have dinner with Jessica.(please don't read too much into that). Don't know for sure what New Years eve or day holds, What about you guys.

9. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    hmmm....ok, so it looks like maybe our christmas party is going to be after christmas?

10. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    How about a NEW YEARS EVE party? Rocking into the night!....

11. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Or one on the weekend just before?

12. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
    Sounds cool!

13. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Party sounds like a blast and I am really looking forward to 2008! Nice name, Phoenix. [face_laugh]

14. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
    The party will be pretty awesome!

15. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    I am off work Dec.29th and 30th so i'm going to plan to have our christmas/new years party on that night...officially.
    Place will be at RipRoar's (contact him if you need directions) and time will be announced soon.
    You will need to bring two things. The first being a gift (no more than $10) that could be given to either a male or female. The second being one (or more if your wallet will allow) canned goods to be donated in our name to either second harvest or the salvation army to help with hunger needs this winter.
    More details soon to come.

16. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
    Sounds great but could you explain how the presents will work?

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    This is awesome! The gift thing will probably be a chineese auction I would guess. My work does this and can be fun....

Thank you Karen!

18. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
  19. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    it's a fun game (really) where everyone gets to open and/or steal gifts that have already been opened and a little too complicated to explain on a computer. But you will have to trust that it'll be fun and everyone can play (over age 10).

On another note, if anyone can't afford a gift that is NO PROBLEM!!! I have bought a few things to toss in the pile in case that happens or someone forgets.

I would like to get an approximate head count as to how many people think they're coming (so I know what food to buy etc.) For those of you going to the Dec. 15th meeting could you please ask and get a number for me?

20. Darth_Phanax

Oct 23, 2007
  21. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I have heard of this game called "Dirty Santa" and it sounds like the same thing. I have a mess of canned goods that I can bring. I wonder if the gifts will have a certain theme to them? [face_thinking] This sounds like a blast and I need something to get me in a Holiday mood. I feel like the Darth that stole Christmas. :eek:

22. SmashVadersFist

Nov 7, 2007
    Yeah, I like the name too. I think this party would be a cool idea. We just need to get the dates locked down. I also have gifts laying around for younger kids that I will bring along. Alcohol or alcohol free party?

23. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Either way is fine with me!!! But that is a great question????? Any comment anyone???

24. SmashVadersFist

Nov 7, 2007
    I asked the question because if I have more then 2 I would not be driving home that night and would need to borrow a couch.

25. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    As far as the "refreshments" are concerned, I am flying solo in the Imperial Shuttle that night, so that means I will be my own designated Shuttle Pilot. Seems that all the reat of the shuttle piltos are on duty for a party that the Emperor is having. Diet Mtn Dew will be the strongest for me that night. We got a date for this thing yet and I am assuming that it is going to be at RipRoar's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.