main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Community Question?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Swanton, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swanton

Swanton Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    I had a general question about the various FanForce forums, and I apologize for the newbie-ness of the question.

I attempted to make an announcement on the Twin Cities board (The Minnesota Force) about a small group of folks lining up for Episode III next month. The thread I started was locked because it was not an event planned by The Minnesota Force. There was another thread that featured various people chatting about which theater they were going to to see the movie; that thread was also locked because it mentioned other options outside of The Minnesota Force's planned activity at a certain theater.

My question is, are all the specific FanForce forums this exclusive? It seems slighty unfair that someone can censor other happenings in a given area just because they are not "affiliated" with one particular group.

It feels odd that Star Wars fans are excluding other Star Wars fans from discussing various viewing options in a given area. I understand that an established group does not want "competition," but that was never the goal of me posting the announcement.

I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks for your time.

Wrong forum

2. ShiftyJedi

ShiftyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I hear you Swanton, I've always gone to the Twin Cities FanForce boards under the assumation that it was based around "The Minnesota Force", but that it was an open community amoungst fellow Star Wars fans in Minnesota. I know for Episode II they never had a problem with Wahoo's line. It just feels if someone has gotten a power trip (not necessary Doright) and wants to fend off competition from a very good line for people that can't make it to Coon Rapids (1:30 away from Faribault), because it's to far north. Both theaters having the line are owned by the same company (Kerasotes) which is allowing a line for both groups (Big ups to them). They're might be people in last days of anticapation discovering theforce.net, it would be nice to give them an option to go to two different line-ups with fellow Star Wars fans. I mean where should his line advertise on theforce.net, how about right in the dab middle of Revenge of the Sith spoilers, and we'll have someone bump it every hour.

I think, that if the Minnesota Force doesn't want that they should make a sticky thread, explaining their guidelines and offer links to the Offical Site threads for people who don't live close enough or have the time to be apart of The Minnesota Force.

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Does Burger King allow McDonalds to advertise in their restaurant?

Does Wal-Mart Run Adds for Target's sales in their sale paper?

So why should the Minnesota Force let other competing Fan groups advertise their events on our message boards? Especially when those groups made no arrangement with us prior to attempting to advertise on our boards.

For the record. At First we didn't allow Wahoo to post about his Episode 2 Line up. But then Wahoo took the time to come talk to us so we worked out a compromise with him where he could post an info thread on his line up. He made promises about wanting to join our club and how he wasn't just trying to use our resources to advertise. That he really wanted it to be a Joint thing or something but in the end we learned he was just trying to use us to Advertise.

How? well because after Episode 2 we never heard from him again.. That is until he posted an info thread for his Episode 3 line up a few weeks ago and he did so with out bothering to ask us or even talk to a single member about it first. rather rude if you ask me.

But yet we left it be until we had our own event to advertise because we were trying to be nice. Once we had our own thing set up we removed it.. Because again.. our boards are for advertising our events. Not other peoples.

We also allowed a thread where individual fans who were not doing a group thing could post about where they were going. This was all fine until we found members of competing groups posting in this thread to advertise their events and activities so we closed it.

We've always been more than accommodating for Fans outside the metro to use our resources to try and help start Fan Force clubs in outstate Minnesota. That was never an issue and if you wanted to open up a thread about trying to get something going in the Fairbault area we've always been more than accommodating to that.

again.. our board is for our use and we shouldn't have to compete with non Fan Force groups in our own area on our own Message board.

I did take the time to explain this before having the thread locked.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    This is the wrong forum for this. Stick to the thread in FanForce Comms or simply PM me if you have a problem. I am the moderator for that club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.