main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest FanForce Creation questions

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Master_Matthew_Vess, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Matthew_Vess

Master_Matthew_Vess Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    I was wondering, I live arround Dayton, OH. The closest Fanforce is Cincy, but How does the Gem City go about getting its own Fan Force?

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    From the Fan Force Faq:

How do I get my city listed?

If you would like to see your city listed here as part of the FanForce, then we would like to encourage you to visit the Communications Forum and/or visit your Regional General Discussion forum, and post a topic about adding your city. If you can get enough people from your area to respond and create interest, then the FanForce staff will work on setting up a forum for it. In the meantime, we would like to encourage you to post in the closest metropolitan city forum to you. You never know who you might meet from your area!

How can my city be recognized as a FanForce Chapter?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here .) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans come together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official FanForce Chapter:

-Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!
    -Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!
    -[IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*
    -Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general.
    A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!
    *Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.
    Fanforce has these requirements because it is much more dynamic than just a message board. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

Looks like are on the right track, now you just need to get some more people on board! If you have any questions, I would suggest contacting Sebulba and/or Bobafemme.

Good luck!

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Once you gather a total of 3 or more people (not socks either :p ), then we can open up a Dayton forum for you. From there you start organizing meetings, but first thing's first...get your friends online and/or beat some of your fellow Daytoians out of the bushes. You might post something in the Cincy & Columbus forums as well. You might have some Dayton lurkers view it, who knows. Good luck.

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Since this looks like the appropriate place to ask, I'll go ahead. I'm actually asking this out of curiousity of a bunch of friends etc. I have a group of buddies that live in the Quad Cities, which are 4 cities and many suburbs that sit on the border of Illinois and Iowa. What Region would they be in? I know they are planning on trying to get a Quad Cities forum (they already have a good start on their club as well) started, and I was just wondering.

5. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "Regions" are just as acceptable as cities. Since both states are in the Midwest region, it's not really a problem...they could just be called the Quad-Cities FanForce Forum until such time as they become official. Same rules for getting their own forum apply, 3 distinct users posting here or in FF Communications requesting a forum. Then they need to have 3 posted meetings with 3 or more people to then become official.

Other "regional forums" that come to mind...Northern Kentucky, French & German speaking FF, Central Pennsylvania, Northern & Southern New Jersey, etc, etc.

:D

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok for some reason I thought Iowa was in the Plains Region or whatever. Thanks Seb, I will email this stuff to them and give them a little nudge ;)

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    FanForce regions and the actually regions don't always coincide. ;)

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Greetings from Cleveland!

Just letting you know you're not alone in the Buckeye State. Cleveland and Columbus are becoming good friends, and we've been trying to get Cincinati involved in some multi-Fanforce activities.

Getting a Fanforce started isn't that hard; I planned our first "meeting" and was nervous that nobody would show up. My advice, KEEP IT SIMPLE. Our first meeting was mainly just chatting about what we all liked about SW. Once we became an official chapter, there is some organizing to do, but don't make it sound like a job...otherwise nobody will be a part of it.

Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.