MidSouth FanForce Digital AOTC Get-Together on June 15!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nabooty_Call, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    What: FanForce Get-Together in Plano, TX to see ATTACK OF THE CLONES digitally projected

When: Saturday, June 15, times TBA

Where: Cinemark Legacy, Plano, TX

Who: All FanForce members

Why: Digital projection is the way to see AOTC. It's worth the drive!

Houston, Waco, and Dallas/Fort Worth FanForces are currently planning on getting together Saturday, June 15th to see ATTACK OF THE CLONES on the digitally-projected DLP screens at the Cinemark Legacy in Plano, TX.

The Legacy's digital projectors are currently screening the film in theaters 10 and 13, with 10 being a smaller theater (more crisp image) and 13 being the larger theater (louder sound system, bigger picture).

ATTACK OF THE CLONES will only be playing on the large screen until it's bumped by Lilo & Stitch on June 21st, then will be completely off the digital projection when Men In Black 2 opens the weekend of July 4th.

With vibrant colors, and a crisp image that seems almost like you're looking out a window, this is the way to see AOTC.

So come join us this weekend!

More details TBA.
  2. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Have fun! It really IS much better in digital. :D
  3. JangoFettClone Jedi Master

star 4
    Nabooty_call a MOD? Congrads Brian, I'll try to make it up on June 15th.
  4. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome! I'm so excited!

We're planning on catching two showings of the movie before we head back to Houston. The 1pm showing in the smaller DLP theater, and the 4pm showing in the larger DLP theater.

What's that I heard someone, somewhere say about dinner? :)

So, what are our chances of meeting up? How are we going to "organize" this?
  5. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    It looks like we'll end our RPG set-up meeting at about 3:00, then head on over to the theater and get in line.

For the DLP showings, they've been lining people up about an hour before the showing, and will let us into the theater about 30 minutes beforehand.

We can bring our FanForce banner or some other sign and save seats for y'all if you like. Then go to dinner afterwards. If anyone has any special dietary or budget requirements, please let us know so we can start tossing around restaurant ideas.

Also, I'll work on getting this posted on FF main. :D

Thanks,
    Brian
  6. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    That would be awesome if you could manage it! I didn't even take into consideration the fact that lines might still be an issue. Do you think the 1pm & the 4pm showings will work? Or, should we shift it around to the 12:30pm and the 4:30pm?
  7. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    I think we can still save seats for y'all for the 4:00 showing, and that will mean much less waiting around the theater for you too!

Just give me an approximate headcount so we know how many seats to grab.
  8. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have been trying to organize a road trip to Plano, TX. As it turns out the 15th is the weekend most of the FanForce Acadiana members showed interest in.

I had to back out due to a sudden change in my work schedule. Still I will urge others in our chapter to make it.

*Stomps feet in the dirt and begins to :_|*

I believe the Force is not with me on this one. Still, I wish all of you the best time ever! I really would have liked to meet each and everyone of you. :(
  9. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Hey everyone! Just making the rounds and giving everyone the scoop about tomorrow's event.

The news item about tomorrow's event has been posted on FanForce.net, and the Dallas group will be joining you for at least the 4:00 showing. We'll have a sign so you can spot the seats we'll be saving.

One more thing--let me know about dinner if you have any special requests or requirements. This being Texas and all, we may go out to a steakhouse after the movie!

Drive safely, we'll see y'all tomorrow.

Brian
  10. xwing25 Jedi Knight

star 2
    just have to say that it is worth the trip as my group JediOKC went down there two weeks ago to see and it was great we had 16 people from our club go and we had a blast movie,dinner,hunting we where in plano for four hours after the movie just having fun so if you can make it go for it you won't be disappointed ,if only i could go :(
  11. ahawk12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey I have no FF chapter in my area (Bryan-College Station TX) but I am already going to be in Dallas this weekend. I have been watching this event come togehter and I think I may try and show up. I have other things planned already but I may be able to schedule around them. Anyway...I wish I could say I will be there for sure....But I will try at least.
  12. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    ahawk12 It would be great the finaly meet you :)
  13. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Hope you can make it, ahawk. :)

AS, you changed your icon! :eek:
  14. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, I made this one and it's my baby
  15. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Good job! :)

The trip was awesome! I was very glad to meet everyone, and I look forward to being able to do it again in the future.

Take care, and Dallas...enjoy that DLP while you have it. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.