main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Fanforce Dinner/Gift exchange

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys, here is a thought:

I posted on a few forums and in the CR forum about a regional meet between local area chapters perhaps getting together every few months to have one big meeting.

I was thinking of the holidays being the first one to have it. This gives everyone a couple of months to organise one if they wish in their area with their neighboring chapters.

What I suggest is getting together with your area chapters in Dec for a big dinner/gift exchange. You could get together with everyone and exchange gifts and have a big end of year gathering /meeting. This would help everyone get to know their neighboring chapters better.

Just a thought.

I know I am trying to organise one for the upstate chapters in NY. If you cant get anything started in your area everyone is welcome to attend the upstate NY one ;)

Post in here your thoughts and ideas and if you have any success planning one :)

Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

2. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Like I said in the thread about a big meeting, it's hard for us because all of our schedules clash. The NJO doesn't meet in December because we're all extremely busy with work, family, and getting things together for the holidays. We just can't seem to get a free day during December at all. Plus, we're spread out along NJ, we're all not in one area, which kinda puts a damper on things at times.

My December is always the worst, because I pull overtime at work, my birthday is that month, I have numerous family gatherings (which the President of our group attends too because he is my boyfriend) and this year, we have to drive out to Ohio for a friend's wedding. We're just booked solid.

We'd probably have to wait till January!

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey, January is still a great month especially for those late xmas gifts. ;)
    (everything is on sale )

4. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    *laughs* As mean as it sounds, I get my friends who live out of state their gifts in January. Because they're in no rush to get their presents!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.