main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY FanForce Dinner with Jeremy Bulloch

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't know if anyone has thought about this yet...
    But, Darren and I were thinking it would be pretty cool if members of any FanForce attending Slanted Fedora's Sept 2004 con could get together for dinner one of the nights (probably Friday) and see if we could get Jeremy Bulloch to attend too.
    Maybe Strawbary has some insight into planning celebrity dinners as I know she had been working on one for Mighty Mini Con? What do folks think?

~Doc_Bev

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I wouldnt mind helping. Last year at Slanted fedora we had lunch with Peter Mayhew in Rochester on that saturday. Was a fast lunch but fun.
    Dinners are pretty easy its just finding a big enough space with a private room or area toward the back and also a bit of negotiating ;)
    Drop me a PM if you need any help.

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001

V E R Y
    I N T E R E S T E D

:D

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Great idea!!!!!!!!

5. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I would love to! Great Idea!

6. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    See now... this is something I'd drive down for... *as I pass through to say thaanks for the invite to the parade*...

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I just spoke with Dave Scott (owner of Slanted Fedora) about when Jeremy Bulloch might be available. He said that dinners are tough unless we do one Thursday night (the day before the con starts). He said that either breakfasts or lunches might be easier. So maybe Friday lunch or Sat or Sun breakfast?

However, no matter what meal it ends up being all of the participants must be convention attendees (or pay $20 for a admission pass whether they actually attend the con for the day is their choice) or else FanForce needs to pay for half of Jeremy's fee for the convention (airfare, hotel, etc).

So I guess we just need to decide what/when/where we'd like to do something and it looks like it shouldn't be too hard to arrange for Jeremy Bulloch to join us or at the very least make an appearance.

~Doc_Bev

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Well if its a choice between breakfast and lunch, I would go with breakfast. Seems easier then having to leave the Con and then go back.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think for the "where" (especially if it's breakfast) it would probably be easier for Mr. Bulloch if it was held at his hotel's restaurant. Unfortunatly, Dave Scott is still debating between a couple hotels so I'm not sure what one that'll be yet.

~Doc_Bev

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm, as a reminder, thats also the same weekend as the Grape & Wine Festival Parade, so on Saturday morning there are going to be a fair number of people 2 hours away.

The people I've talked to so far are trying to do both the convention and the parade that weekend.

I was going to bring up the conflict at the next YJN meeting this Saturday.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Ooo - thanks for the reminder. I didn't know that. So maybe a Sunday breakfast is sounding better? Keep us posted after your meeting on the 29th.

~Doc_Bev

12. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    For me, Friday or Sunday would be best :)

I dont wanna miss this, but I can't miss the G&W parade!

13. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Grape and Wine is that weekend?!!! Darn!!! I wanted to do that again this year but it looks like I wont be. We are going to have to figure out who's doing what and when. Seems like a major conflict for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.