main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Discussions - aka Don't disturb Clare's thread!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    For those of you ( yes you ) who cannot find the original posts... here are the re-posts just for your sake.
    Ask questions, fight for power, use your mind tricks and spam here.

Do Not post in Clare's FanForce Announcements thread anymore... she's already being very nice by doing all the paper work for us. [face_plain]

Thank you for your time.

2. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Date Posted: 5/16 10:39am Subject: RE: The officially unofficial social thread.

Riight.
    Now that EP2 is settled, kind of... we need a head count for registration of the Singapore FanForce.
    Yes, even the lurkers out there.

I nominate Darth_Clare as Secetary ( if she agrees ) and she will compile the list of names for submission and archiving.

The age requirement for Rep is 18, and this person should nominate a 'council' to advise and vote and stuff.

When we have a list, we should separate the 'potiential rep' from the 'active members'.
    I just want to say that whoever becomes rep must realise that the post comes with responsibilities, like there must be meetings at least three times a year, and they must be recorded and reported.
    Also, the rep must be willing to devote much time to the internet and other online engagements.

I have arranged with the Administrator to allow a 'revolving rep' for Singapore, as some of you already know. This way, it will be far that the duties and responsibilities be shared among the fans. It also gives others a chance to experience the responsibilities and privilages of the post.

When we chose a rep, we will also chose a vice-Rep to understudy the previous rep and to assist in arranging meetings and keeping track of names and such.

##########################################
    Between you and me, since this year is half over, I don't think it's far for a rep not to enjoy his or her one year of power, also, it gives this rep less time to get a feel for the ropes.
    On the other hand, the three meetings are up, and have been reported already, all that's left is to train up the next rep.

People that cannot or don't want to be a rep ( for whatever reason ), can be placed at the back of the waiting list for rep.
    We all understand that work and other commitments shouldn't spoil your Star Wars experience.

Thank you for your time and please co-operate with Darth_Clare.

E.

3. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Date Posted: 5/17 11:01am Subject: RE: The officially unofficial social thread.

Darth_Clare is the secetary ( Well, she hasn't said no yet ), meaning that she is consolidating the name lists for us.
    Two reasons :

1) Since she cannot herself be a rep, she has no personal gain for the results of the voting ( which is confidential ), or in compiling the list. Which is to say that I trust her to keep an honest account ( which is not to say that I don't trust any of you, I just want to avoid any 'corruption' ).

2) RGS girl... who can argue with that?

So like I said, give your names ( screen and real life ), age and whether you can run for Rep to Darth_Clare. From there, we will vote for Rep and Vice Rep.

Not meaning to be a nag, but if your name isn't submitted by the June, you will be out of the running for Rep until 2002 ( remember that we have to choose a vice Rep to understudy the Rep and the Vice Rep.

I have mentioned a "commitee" to advice and influence the Rep, we should also start voting on this based on our own regulations. I propose a Rep for East, West, South, North and Central, as well as a Chairman/woman.
    The purpose of the commitee is to ensure that the fans are involved in the decision making and to allow others to have a say.
    The comittee can also decide to replace the Rep upon agreement by the committee members.

E.

4. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Date Posted: 5/17 10:38pm Subject: RE: The officially unofficial social thread.

What will happen is that we will vote for a Rep and a Vice-Rep.

Again, the Rep must be 18 years old minimum and be willing to devote his/her time into organizing meetings/gatherings.
    The Rep must also be willing to spend more time online these next few months because when we register, we'll be getting our own 'custom' boards that we can design as well as a 'custom' logo that we can use on all the boards here.
    So this year's Rep will have to organize these things ( with the assistance of the Vice-Rep, now you know why there are always two? ).

The rest of us will select a council to advice the Rep.
    The Council members allow the voices of the other fans to be heard and can organise their own fuctions.
    I also believe that the next Rep should come from the Council.
    Council Members :
    East
    West
    North
    South
    Central
    Chairman
    Secetary ( Darth_Clare )

Darth_Clare, I feel, should get an automatic vote-in because of all the work that she is currently doing for the FanForce.

If there are no objections or issues, we'll wait till the first week of June to start voting.
    In the meantime,
    "May the Force be with you."

E.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Can we have a little get together, Voting and Photo Exchange at BK near the end of this month, let say NEXT Sunday 2th June? :D

I've developed 2 films and now waiting for another to be ready tomorrow. ;)

(Winbros! What is that you gotten onto my head??? :eek: )

EDIT: Singapore Fanforce seems to be the most active among the FanForce Americas, Africa and Asia Jedi Council. Our nearest competitor is just at 766 messages while we got 4,011 messages. :eek:
    FanForce Americas, Africa and Asia

6. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    By then we should have voted for the Rep already (June).
    Maybe we can discuss the council and other stuff?

Yeah, I agree that we are the most active in Asia. We should get this down soon... maybe we can get even more stuff done. :p

7. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    The force is strong with us... :cool:

8. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I told you this FanForce thingy was gonna work ;)

I'm sorry I've been away but it's a busy time for me....NS coming very soon lah :p

EDIT: Whatever you guys decide on is fine by me :)

9. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    We all have to do our part and as soon as June 1st, we can start voting.
    Again, just submit your vote to Darth_Clare and she'll tally them up for us.
    She may accept bribes... I heard that one of those $500 Lightsabres might do it... or a Padawan Belt. ;)

10. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Can anyone feel me in on when Singapore had it's 3 official meetings to become a chapter?

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Elan-Rai, the 3 meetings are at Burger King, where they got to know each other, Toys 'R' Us when Hasbro was having their midnight sabe, and at the Charity Premiere of AotC. Is that counted as official meetings?

Thanks for dropping in on the board! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not enough, AOTC Charity Premiere, May 13th AOTC Screening, May 16th's Zouk, Midnight Screening and Evening Screening.

So that makes we got 7 get together! :eek:

And one more coming up around June 2nd. ;)

13. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    We meet alot, huh? :p

Too bad nobody wants to come out East... @hint hint@... ;)

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If you want to get a chalet for us . . . ;) *hint hint*

15. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Eh?
    Charlet? :eek:

If I do, everyone must chip in ( please!? )... and I'm not doing cooking... ;)

16. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Well, Elan was just asking for 3, not every single one of them ;)

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Aiyah! Typical Singaporean what? Very, very kiasu. :D

18. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Do you think we should try our hand out at designing our own graphics?

I know that some of the FF forums have their own banners, like the FF UK forum for example. I know this is a little early and all, but do any of you have the necessary skill for it? I have quite a lot of experience in Adobe Photoshop, but I have absolutely no idea where to get pics from.

19. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Why not just make them from scratch?

20. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Haha, I've forgotten nearly everything I learnt about Adobe Photoshop last year. ;)

Maybe hazel can do it?

21. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Sounds like you all have really been on the roll. Have you chosen who you would like to represent Singapore as your official representative?

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I used to do my Banners using MS Photodraw and a little Star Park pictures using Photoshop 5.5, but since I lost the program (Photodraw) and also the graphics, I can't do much now. :(

Here are some pictures I think we need to make the Banners etc:

-Galactic Empire Emblems (in Blue, Black & Red)
    ==>Those Animated ones can be gotten from my website, I think! ;)

-Rebellion Emblems (Red & Blue)

-New Republic Emblems

-Jedi/Republic Emblems

-Singapore Lion Emblem (get from Official site and do a little work to it to make it .gif and clear background)

-Space Background (got some now)

-Some SW-Like Background (Coruscant, Tatooine, Naboo etc)

-LKY Photo aka Uncle Sam Style :D

23. Darth_Destructo

Oct 2, 2001
    Have you chosen who you would like to represent Singapore as your official representative?

Not yet, we will by June.
    ( If all goes according to plan... ;) )

24. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    FanForce UK

FFUK [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

25. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    DE, I'd be very careful if I was going to use LKY's pic for anything though.

We would have to write to the PM's office to get official approval first, and they are rather strict about things like that, esp since it is with regards to LKY.

I have some experience with this, since my ex-company used his pic in their Annual Report, and I have written to the PM's office to get approval before.

I would suggest that we tread carefully in the use of LKY's pic in any form, we don't want to end up having to deal with a big lawsuit just as we are starting up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.