main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Discussions - aka Don't disturb Clare's thread!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Maybe if we modified the Singapore Pledge (is that allowed?)

We, the citizens of [name of FanForce], pledge ourselves as one united people, regardless of race, language, religion or species, to build a Star Wars-crazy society, based on [...the Jedi Code?], so as to achieve [something], [something], and Star Wars insanity for ever.

:p

2. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Bohahahahahaha........................
    Very funny yet quite orginal.

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I've seen some of these self made pledges which were made for one cause only. However, one drawback is that it's pretty lengthy, and thus it sort of kills off the coolness of it. No one on the streets would read the whole thing while walking behind you, only people who know u would ask u what u are wearing.

Just my humble opinion :)

4. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL imagine someone trailing behind you with eyes glued to your T-shirt just to read what's on it :p :D

Maybe just 'I AM YOUR FATHER!' on the back(which would pose a bit of a problem for us gals ;))...

:D

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll say we should go for a short phrase or sentence on the front. ;)

The Pledge can go on the back but that may raise the price further unless we got connections with some t-shirt printing factory. ;)

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    How about putting the phrase at the back, and putting a logo at the front?

7. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    how about tagline "FORCE INSPIRED"...??

with a sillouette lightsaber as logo
    hehe idea sia...but its only a suggestion.

8. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hmm...catch phrase, how bout something out from Microsoft's "Where do you want to go today?"

for eg
    Which side of the Force do u wanna use today?

might sound lame, and i dun blame ya, lol

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha well corny phrases can be cool and eye catching, and u might even find strangers laughing behind your back! :D

Solidnono - since u're quite experienced with artwork, why not try working on some sketches and drafts?

10. solidnono

solidnono Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    yup sure! will try to sketch out some...

11. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    To all:
    Do you think we should have our very own site the name would be http://fanforce.net/sg, by the way USA, Europe and Australia have them.

12. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    JediGenX:
    That's a great idea!
    Then we'd have a place where we can put up our photos, make our own announcements, and perhaps include a whole lot of other cool stuff as well... but, erm..... who's gonna host it and be the webmaster/webmistress??

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    That may not be possible because those areas stated are regions and they really are big regions. Singapore, as a small country, wouldn't be considered for such a move.

14. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    THat will be the job of the Rep. to ask the fanforce network staff if we can have a site for our network here in SG. maintaining it can may be by me cuz I know how to do all this webpage stuff.

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Why not just create our own site with no bonds tied to Fanforce.net?

16. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    Can there be a vice Rep. , he or she can be incharge of our own website. Since there is a Rep. should there be a committee/ "council" to help the Rep. .

17. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    i am apart of the Houston Chapter...very new, we are. We have our CP, VP, Secretary, and Treasurer. We are working on our graphix and anything else that needs to be done.
    Anyways, im just looking around the singapore forum....i know im no where near ya'll but since i lived there for 6 months...about 8 yrs ago...i desided to see what was going on in here. heh....c-ya

18. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    Time check who post the most since the launch of AOTC, this will conider the active members of TFN S'pore

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't think the Vice-Rep should be in charge of the website although it can be an added bonus. We must remember that as the Reps of this Chapter, the persons will get direct orders/instructions from the people in charge of this whole fanforce to pass to the members here and answer any questions from other reps concerning this chapter and the members, so the person must be familiar with at least 80% of this group members, all the activities we had conducted and had been here for quite some time. He/She must also be able to observe this chapter on a very regular basis (at least one of them must be here daily) for certain reasons.

We could create another post for maintaining the look of this chapter (aka Webmaster ) and its website that will follows, but the Rep, Vice Rep should have the full power to this chapter/board to prevent abuse. And this means the persons must be RESPONSIBLE. ;)

Treasurer, think not necessary yet as we not do any charity work, commercial outings etc etc. Maybe we can create the post next term which is Jan 2003?

20. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    Then it is time we vote for a committee.

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    JediGenX - We'll propose the idea to Nodnarboen and see when he wants the voting done. Patience

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, take it one at a time, PLEASE; this board may had been around since 1999 or 2000 but it's only started to be active last year. And we are not going to be organizing some big events or what to require so many community members.

And school reopen next week or the week after next so people are too busy thinking about school than for some minor thing as vice-rep.

23. JediGenX

May 18, 2002
    Ok take time I can wait for all these.

24. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, school and work should come first ( :( :p), but if you have free time it doesn't hurt to think of ideas. :p :)

So we've a City Rep...so how about our FanForce name, icon and banner?

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I say LKM pix on the banner but he may pop out again soon. ;)

How about the banner we use pictures from our meetings, especially the AOTC Screenings? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.