SNG FanForce Discussions - aka Don't disturb Clare's thread!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Mixed in with some of the Star Wars characters, maybe?

But this might not be fair to newcomers, 'cos they sort of arrive 'too late', and their picture won't be up there...unless we keep changing to a new banner every year? :p
  2. BabyPadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh god...we just had this argument on our chapter. people get their feelings too hurt when someone is just trying to tell their opinion. someone sugjested pictures of people in our chapter that were dressed in costume...but then i said that would not be fair....cause i didnt have a costume...and then i went on saying how i felt. nothing bad....but the person who had thought of the idea got all defensive, they started saying they didnt want to do graphix anymore. there were two other people, disincluding my boyfriend who thought the same as me. this person just didnt understand that it was just an opinion. that was the last time we talked about graphix. sad.... :( i hope this chapter doesnt go through the same thing. i say lets express our feelings and lets all be adults. :) :D cause everyone is LOVED by BABYPADME :)
  3. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    BabyPadme - Sometimes misunderstandings do happen, and in this kind of digital interface, it really isn't very good for interpreting emotions. Alot of times, some things may be said which are interpreted differently, like in tone, loudness etc. Just keep your cool and work things out slowly :)

The name should come first, before the banner and icon. After choosing the name, we could follow on the theme of our title, or we could create a totally new one. I suggest leaving out the banner first, as all of us should have a hand in physically (and not only creatively) making the banner. We are talking about a real-life banner right? :D
  4. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I wasn't thinking of filling the whole banner with the members of this group. Just some random "funny" ones that really shows our "fanaticisms" (now where did I dumped those pictures from the TRU Midnight Sale? :D ). And we could include funny pictures too like from Concrete Jungle: The Hantam Menace (with permissions from Mr. Goh or ask him to design 1 or 2 toons to put into the banner) to give it a more local taste. The usual SW Characters will also do the job as long as it end of looking unique.

But lets do this Banner after we settle the main things to make this FanForce a full pledge Chapter. ;)

One thing at a time, people. One thing at a time . . .
  5. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup, I think we should leave Nod and JediClare to sort out whatever necessary admin stuff which need to be done to make our Fanforce official. Hard to say this, but we are in fact still unofficial :)
  6. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, banner as in, the banner up there... :p
  7. BabyPadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    I seriously like how you guys are handling things. i like it, which i was apart of this group, well, i cant dis my group that bad, considering i like MOST of the people on there, and cause they are the only group in the area. But still, i think, if i could pick between both i would pick you guys. :) ;)
    JaZzYjaZZ you should come and become VP for our group. heh.
  8. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    LOL! After he finish his 'A' level Loh! ;)

Yes, JediClare; it's the banner up there. But lets us just take down all the recommandations and ideas while leaving its full construction to a later date when things had settle down a bit. :p

Solidnono, how's your sketches coming along? :D Did you happened to see any online logo/emblem of the New Republic yet? I think I need one? :D
  9. NodNarbOen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does anyone know how we could become offical? Except for creating a banner, have we met all the prerequisites yet? :D
  10. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    DE - Uh, I was answering JaZzYjaZZ... :p
  11. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Haha, JediClare, sorry for causing the confusion..thanks for your answer too. :)

BabyPadme - Haha thanks for your suggestion but DE is right, I can't committ everything right now, because it's the last 5-month stretch to my A levels (Equivalent to America's last year in High School I think ;)). I'm also pretty apprehensive about army life from next year onwards..so have to see how :)
  12. NodNarbOen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey guys, I made a logo of the Fanforce... don't laugh at it :D I took only a while to do it... but not sure abt the copyright though...

Here it is
  13. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool!! :) Maybe if we thought up a name for our FanForce and put it under the logo? :)
  14. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Once again from the FanForce FAQ

3. [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

6. *Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.

Technically, we had fulfilled the 3 Activities with at least 3 members min.:
    -TRU Midnight Sale (3 Members, 1 Soon 2 Be Member ;) )
    -BK Outing (Can't forget the one who was shivering under the aircon :D )
    -May 11th Charity Premiere (4 Members and 1 more already member but haven't post here yet)

Others:
    -May 13th Screening
    -May 15th Zouk & Midnight Premiere
    -May 16th Parade & Premiere
    -PS Photo Exchange
    -Taka Event (with the additions of people from #starwars)

But, we only report them here in this Board so it may not be considered as THE 3 Activities. Fortunately according to Point 6, we could ride on the "frequent" activities this Board organized to gain that FanForce Chapter Status. ;)

We got the Rep and a Secretry to add on too so now only left the Activities Organized.
  15. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    NodNarbOen, that's nice! :) We just need to add the title (as JediClare said) and it should be completed for now.

And don't worry about the copyright behind the Lion; as long as it's in 1(?) color, face left or right etc etc, we can use it anywhere. The Background from JK2(?) also not so problematics as it's quite commonly used among the SW fans and we are not using it for commercial, profit gaining purposes.

Maybe we can use this design as our debut poster/banner?
    ==> COMING TO YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN JULY 1st :D
  16. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    FanForce FAQ

How can my city be recognized as a FanForce Chapter?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here .) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans come together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official FanForce Chapter:

1. Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

[DONE]

2. Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!

[DONE]

3. [IMPORTANT] Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page. We want you guys to build grassroots, self-contained clubs that actually do more than just chat on the forums all the time! Network with your fellow fans! Without the completion of this particular guideline, consideration cannot be given.*

[DONE, but were not posted in advance on the FanForce main page...but we have photos and our discussions online to prove that we did meet up...we'll have to contact one of the FanForce staff (Hama-Ryu Kinnebi) and see what he says about that]

4. Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general. [DONE]

5. A local FanForce can be run any way the fans of that city wish it to be run. All we ask is that you use our FanForce City Forums as your online meeting place!

*Special consideration can be given to city groups and clubs that have demonstrated a sustained membership and record of activity.

Fanforce has these requirements because it is much more dynamic than just a message board. We want to hear about what you're doing -- whether it's Star Wars-related or not. Star Wars is what brought us all together, but our community involvement with one another is the glue that will keep us that way.

:D

So what's left is to contact the admin, unless there's anything else?

EDIT: Looks like DE was faster. :p
  17. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Nod - That's really good work with the JK2 background! I think it's great..I'd encourage it hands down :)
  18. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Nod, I really love the artwork on that logo, it's GORGEOUS!!!

So what should we call ourselves??

Names anyone??

Perhaps something suitable to go along with that supremely elegant, sophisticated, classy, surreal, and amazing-looking logo that Nod has just created for us?!??

Whoohoo!
    Fan Force SG has class man!!
    Got standard one, leh!
    Dun play play..... :D
  19. NodNarbOen Jedi Knight

star 2
    :D Glad you guys like it.. I'll improve on it.. so see what more can be done... :)

Update: Ok... I've improved that pic.. and added another with a flare.. but I'm not sure which one u guys like better... so I give u a choice to choose :D

Check it out here
  20. JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Second one looks better to me, but don't know if we are allowed to alter the symbol like that. DE?
  21. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Nod, I also like the 2nd one better...

So DE, how??
    Are we allowed to alter the logo like that?

...actually, if you ask me, it looks a bit like the Merlion statue on Sentosa now, with laser light coming from the eyes - haha! ;)
  22. Darth_Eagle Force Ghost

star 4
    I prefer the 2nd one too; it fits the background better. ;)

The critia for use don't really say about this kind of minor customization but it should be okay. Remember that on certain official logos which included this lion, the mare is seen as "flapping" or like the logo is flying off. I assume the kind of "2. In application, the symbol should not be modified in any way." is like we add other objects (Santa Hat, Flowers etc) to it or customize it so much that it looses its original look.

And, maybe the example given of "However, the symbol in outline, embossed or portrayed as a watermark, are acceptable forms of depiction." could also implies to adding an extra effect like glowing eyes. ;)

So does our ex-law enforcer has to add anything? :D
  23. tmingyang Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't think putting the lion head looks nice and original, y not create our own FF logo and put on it?
  24. NodNarbOen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright then :) I'll be awaiting for u guys to decide what and where to write on the logo :D

tmingyang, what do u suggest for the logo?
  25. tmingyang Force Ghost

star 3
    maybe asking solidnono to design our very own logo there. Say if we were to put the lion head there, ppl from overseas might have thought we are under the s'pore government. Try ur best to put in a logo designed by our own sw fans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.