main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Discussions - aka Don't disturb Clare's thread!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Destructo, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Alright then!~ Is he free enough to design it? It wouldn't be too long I suppose.. I thought of my design in a few mins.. :p

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well Tmingyang, it's because the Lion Head Symbol is the only symbol of Singapore we can use almost freely compared to the Flag or State Crest. :)

"The Lion Head Symbol was first introduced in 1986 as an alternative National Symbol. This is so since the National Flag and State Crest have legal restrictions which prohibit their use for non-government and commercial purposes."

Just like the Maple leaf for the Canadian. ;) But if you got any other recommandation, we will surely want to hear it. :)

3. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    hmm, okie. I didn't know we can use it freely until u told me. I still feel we shld have a sense of identity. To rep S'pore, we can place the word s'pore anywhere on the logo. Hmm, y not poll the 2 designs when the FF logo is out?
    I'm sorry, i give a lot of critics. I'm the one who points out loopholes in projects, so hope u all don't mind.

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Nah! As long as it's constructive critisms and you go polite about presenting them, we don't mind. :)

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Our logo design need not be exclusive to just solidnono only. Anyone who would like to submit your own design is always welcome to do so! Just send them over to our Rep, Nod. :)

6. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    yeah, I'm not a cynics. Anyway, what's the plan for the FF now. Has the comitee been formed other than the chair person? Any plans to include a vice chair, admin leader, secretary, north south east west central rep (hard, coz we are not a large group, until we get larger say 100 members), spokesman (haha, juz kiddin`)?

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    So far we have the Rep: Nod and Secretary: JediClare. Any other posts deemed necessary will be decided by those 2 mentioned. I don't feel there's any urgency right now, so we should just let them slowly decide what's the best course for our Fanforce

:)

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, according to the FAQ, we only need the City/Country Rep. Other posts are Optional. ;)

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    So let's just leave the options to our Rep. ;)

10. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Uping this thread in case any new FanForce Discussions need to be made. ;)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Think it's about time we have another FanForce Meeting/Get-Together to settle some FanForce Stuffs and get the photos we order from one another. ;)

So when do everyone propose for this meeting, location and time? We should aim for the weekends as usual, tentatively between this weekend to Aug 11th.

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha, I still haven't developed those photos for those ppl who ordered from me. Meeting's good, starting to miss all of u :D but nowadays getting more busy :(

13. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey Jazz, you're not the only one who feels that way.....

Quick DE, better organise a meeting soon, 'cos I also miss everyone!! :(

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, as soon as majority had decide on a date especially the City Rep & Secretary, we will have one! :D Can't wait for it too as I had developed the photos and just waiting to split them up today.

15. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Hm... if that's the case, I'll start to propose a date.. say, Aug 18 Sun.. how's that? :D

16. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Nod,

Aug 18 sounds REALLY GOOD!!!

...then we can also celebrate my birthday 2 days in advance - haha! :p

** wah, so thick-skin one ah ** :D

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha, now we have to prepare a birthday present... :D

So far, I should be able to make it for 18th, as long as I make sure I study first 8-}

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, no problem on my side too! So how about the rest and where's the location? Orchard Road area again or are we moving to another location like the previous one? :D

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Just something I forget to say; any weekends except Aug 17th. Got an event at Youth Park (near Orchard Cineleisure) and I'm itching to don Padme instead of that Japanese School U! :p

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay everyone! All agreeable to the 18th Aug? So why not we try to settle on a location now.

Hmm, how about BK Orchard Point? Or Hereen's or Suntec's Marchee? (Ps: I'm more for the Marchee! :p )

Heehee JaZzYjaZZ; I also must study first cause my "finals" for one of my modules is also around that week (around 8-9th week from July 1st)!

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Is that gonna be your final exam? Usually they're the most important haha. :D

My prelims are up next, which I hope I can finally get some decent grades.. [face_plain]

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    My modules are now a bit rojak, lah! :p Am taking one modules for 7 weeks and then 2 more for another 7 weeks with the exams at the end of the 7 weeks after 1-2 weeks of Study Week. A bit lighter IMHO but still gonna start being stress out soon. :(

Normally, it's 7 weeks of study, 1 week of break and/or test, another 7 weeks to continue studying the same module and then finally the exams at the end of the 16th week till the 18th week.

Ya, must pass and maybe get better grades for all of them. I really miss my As and Bs. ;)

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey everyone!! :)

I've been SUPER BUSY with my new job lately, but I would most definitely make time to meet everyone again on 18th August... and my choice of location would be MARCHE!! :)

I haven't been there for some time now, it's quite a nice place, plus they have these bench-like tables so we can all actually choose to sit together, if we like and if those tables happen to be available when we go there.

A bit about what my average working hours are like these days... most days I work from 9.00am to 8.00pm, and on busier days, I only leave work at around 10.00pm or so, and I don't get any overtime pay, so I'm really not exaggerating when I say that I've really been SUPER BUSY these days... just a thought for those of you who still think that school is tough - I would really love to be in your position instead...

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow! Super Busy you are indeed, JediJean! :eek:

So which MARCHE you recommand? Hereen or Suntec? I only been to Hereen.

Heehee, if it's Hereen, I got the urge to don something and get my camera snapping again. :p Unless Suntec got better! (See everyone started whining and cupping their faces saying "Not again!")

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    JediJean, hope you're getting enough sleep. :)

MTFBW everyone in dealing with work and school. I just had a HCL test on Tuesday. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.