ON Fanforce Durham?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Sheridan, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Master

star 3
    Calling all fans from the Durham area. I realize that many of you belong to the Toronto Long Line group but sometimes it is hard to make it into the city for events. there fore I fugred that we could try to form something closer to home.

No plans are in the works yet I just want to see if there is any interest to help lead the Dirve for a new fanforce. Any Takers?

The Poll and the Original posting can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9407148&replies=8
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    If you are in any of these towns please post a reply. I'd love to create another forum for Durham Region.

City of Oshawa
    City of Pickering
    Municipality of Clarington (Bowmanville, Courtice, Newcastle Village and Orono)
    Town of Ajax
    Town of Whitby
    Township of Brock (Beaverton, Cannington, Sunderland)
    Township of Scugog (Village of Port Perry, and the Townships of Cartwright, Reach, and Scugog (Scugog Island))
    Township of Uxbridge (Coppins Corners, Leaskdale, Sandy Hook, Udora, Goodwood, Sandford, Siloam, Zephyr)
  3. Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Master

star 3
    I may be able to get somemore interest from some of my friends but i am lookign for more people who are already familiar with how all of this works.
  4. JediWarrior Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually I'm just posting here to laugh at the name Scugog...never seen it before [face_laugh] :p
  5. Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Master

star 3
    Still pushing to see if nayone is interested. Please anyone interested. You don't have to do anything but come out and have fun. I just need to know whowants to be a member.
  6. Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok its been a while so I rebirthing this subject because I really want a Durham chapter....so this gives people who didn't see this before a chance to read it now.

The issue for hose who don't know is whether there is enough interest in making a chapter for the Durham area.

The people signed up for it
    Jedi_Sheridan(Jymm_Roquand)
    Darth_Shaun

and I may be able to pull a few more friends into the group but I would like to see more interest on these boards...
  7. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Can anyone give me an update...
  8. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately Mike the project is in limbo. We still need a third party to express interest. We set a date for the first meeting but I had to cancel because my cousins wedding was postponed until that same day.

For now the interested Parties are:
    Darth_Shaun
    Jymm_Roquand (Jedi_Sheridan)

Again we lack that third member required.
    As for the design we have been discussing it though I think that will wait until we are a club.

Our ideas:
    Darth_Durham
    or a Dagobah motif of some sort....

James
  9. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I am going to set a temporary date for
    Friday, February 28th, 2003 as the first meeting date. I have a friend that I might be able to bring into the fold. I am just seeing who can make it for that date.

My hopes are to have the next meeting on the saturday and make the third and final meeting in may when I am back home in Durham for the summer.

So Who can make it?
  10. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Did your meeting take place James...
  11. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    No I had to cancel but since no one took interest I didn't bother to post anything. Again the lack of interest is forcing me to push everything back until May. But there are some good summer moviews in that month sowe can likely have our first few events surrounding that. Until then I will let the subject go.

However good news for the dibeleivers of the TLL. I may be fortunate enough to aquire vehicular mobility in the laters months of the sdummer meaning I will likely soon be able to become a real life nuisance rather then an online one. Just ask YJN :p
  12. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Well we have to track down some fans in your
    area James. I am trying to think if I have
    any buddies out there...
  13. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    When I return I will see about the possibiliy of placing an add to catch the fans who are not aware of the FanForce.
  14. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    The closest I'm to Durham is Owen Sound.
  15. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok boys and girls. Its time again for me to start this thread up again.

As you may or may not know I let it settle for a while since I wouldn't be back in the Durham area until May. Well we are about a month away from my return and I would like this thing to get started as soon as possible.

So what I need from all of you (though I know very few check this board) is any and all of those who are remotely interested in helping create a new FanForce in the GTA.

I am going to try to formulate a few dates and an idea of where this club will be heading and get back to you soon. In the meantime here is the official place you can all sign up. :D
  16. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok I figure that if I set a date and then see if people want to come then its the best way to get things started. So here it is.

When: 5:00 PM Saturday May 3, 2003

Where: Whitby AMC (Just in front of the Theatre)

What: We meet, likely have a bite to eat and then cap off the festivities with a movie. X-men 2 opens the night before I think that would be likely the best one to go see. I am going to invite a few friends.

I will give two weeks if there are no complaints then I will set it as the first official meeting of the group. I need at least three people. I will be there. Who else will atend?
  17. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    BUMP!!!

Though I haven't the time to really start anything now, I would like to try to see if there is any new interest. It has been some time since i pressed this issue online.

So the question remains. Are their any online members who live in the Durham area and are interested in creating a new Fanforce chapter??

REBIRTH DAMN YOU!!!! ;)
  18. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes he is in but we need at least a third member. Then they can communicate with him as we set this up.
  20. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Again, if there's anything I can do to help from this end, let me know. I PMed you before but I've gotten no response. ;)

21. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol sorry about that. Yeah right now we just need members...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.