FanForce Europe Meeting - 2004

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by WhiteHorse, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    I surelly say if you wish i would organize everything for ya. But i guess the FFPortugal would support me as well :) Even would make a tourist guide for you. And help you with local transport 3 day tickets.

Greece is cheap too :D. I guess Portugal and Greece are the cheapest countries in the European Union at least. European Union countries are easy to travel to, because they do not require passports. Just the Identity Card. Don't know prices about the travel tickets tought, airplane tickets and stuff.
  2. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Though it just occured to me that with the Olympics on the way, Greece will be far busier and much more expensive than usual :S
  3. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmm for that you will also have the Euro 2004 that will happen on summer 2004. Also don't know how that will affect. If you wish you can leave Lisbon for the 2005 meeting. Will be less crowded than in 2004 i guess.
  4. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    I, like OA, think Sweden is a really good place for 2005 meeting. It's because of epIII and the Swedish policy of not dubbing. If we want we can see epIII together in the summer of 2005 and everyone can have a fair chance of understanding. (the same argument works for the UK but a meeting has already been held there last year).
  5. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I dont mind because I wont be able to attend in 2005 anyway as I will be going to CIII, but I would prefer a beach.

(yes I know I am supposed to be asleep but the heat has kept me awake :p )

6. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Yes, actually, considering the unbearable heat, I wouldn'd mind going to a country graced by a siberian weather at the moment.
  7. ChimealHeltei FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 5
    Tiago, you've chosen very nice pictures and it had an effect on me :
    Lissabon for 2004 :D

I've never been there and I would rather be in Portugal than Malle :p
  8. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    "Tiago, you've chosen very nice pictures and it had an effect on me"

:) REally glad to know that :)

I was analisyng a factor tough..
    Friday to Sunday isn't enough for almost nothing. If we use a Friday to Sunday system, only saturday is enjoyed... Because the first day is spent with the arrivals and moving in to the hotel and the last day for moving out of the hotel and departures... So my sugestion would be a at least 4 "Thursday to Sunday" or at most 5 "wednesday to sunday" days system. So that it is actually worth it and full of memories. :)

edit: hey, i've watched your profile pics. Nice robes!!! :eek: Very nice!
  9. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    if I go I will only be able to do friday to sunday due to uni
  10. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    Oooh for some reasons I hadn't seen the pictures you posted.. I think I'm already in love with that place... looks breathtaking. Lisboa could REALLY do :D
  11. Kendra Jedi Master

star 4
    Hummmm if it was possible to schedule this meeting on july it would be perfect. Portugal seems to be a good idea because of the cheap life there. Hotels and food may not cost much. But sure, Sweden would be fresher...
    I think I like the Portugal idea, but in the middle of a town we'll probably be burning...
  12. MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    And a meeting in this place ?[face_plain] (Alhambra, Granada, Spain)
  13. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Alhambra seems nice also :)

I guess it's a question of making a line up of the several choices/cities, and the ppl that think that will go to the next meeting would vote. I think it was somewhat like that with the Paris decision, wasn't it?
  14. MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I don't remember
    Don't you think it's too early to choose and plan now ? I mean... I cannot say now where I'l l be next summer...
  15. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I don't think most of us can. All I know is Uni doesn't finish until end of July and as I start a new job this week I dont know about holidays etc.
  16. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think, Marc's right...I don't know about the exams at uni until april...

But it's really fun to think about meeting you all (again) yet :D
  17. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Plus the Jedi-Con in April...

I don't think it is too early to plan, although there are a lot of us who don't know what will be next years - me too.
    But could discuss if and who likes to go to both or only one of these events.
    And then we have time till January or so. :)
  18. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, i think its important to plan early. It helps. Time to decide where will the meeting be, and then time for the metting hosts organize and plan things. Instead of tight scheduels and little time to decide and prepare things.
  19. Twinnie Force Ghost

star 5
    We could at least get to chose the place of the meeting. The date can wait...
    I was thinking, if we book the plane tickets early enough, it's much less expensive than buying them just a month before going, isn't it?

I'm all in favor of Lisbon :D However, heat might be a problem to some people... When we visited Carcassone with Queengodess from Sweden, I thought for a moment that she'd get sick from the sun. It wouldn't be much fun if some people were indisposed.

I'm very much in favor of Barcelona too... This city is beautiful, really. It'zs close enough to the beach, and we could have a picnic in the park Gaudi :D
    (I also like the Barcelona idea for very selfish reasons, that is that Céline and I could go there by car...)
  20. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, airplane tickets are cheaper if bought early (more than 1 month before).
    The earlier, the better. That's also one of the reason i say its good to plan things early.

Sooo.. what are our choices so far?
  21. gaiatha Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Lissabon sounds great to me, and I need to know in January/February, since that's when I have to hand in my holiday plans for the work I have during the summer.
  23. Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA

star 7
    I can't make plans that early, but Lisbon would be nice.

And Lucechouquette - favour :p
  24. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    when i asked for the choices so far i ment what as been suggested so far. I've analysed the past replies and came up with this list of suggested places:

- Jedi-con 2004
    - Sahara
    - Tunisia
    - Morocco (Spain)
    - Barcelona (Spain)
    - Denmark
    - Stockholm (Sweden)
    - Mallorca
    - Gothenburg (Sweden)
    - Lisbon (Portugal)
    - Greece
    - Italy
    - Alhambra (Spain)

Hope i didn't miss any suggestion.
    But it was nice to see so many considering Lisbon as a strong choice :)
  25. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    I have another suggestion. It isn't something specific, but more something like a general idea. It goes a bit to the Mallorca thing, but it hasn't to be Mallorca.
    My idea is that we should meet somewhere were we can relax maybe on a beach and have lots of time together enjoying the sun, swimming, do games or something like. That would be a bit different then a city-meeting.
    The problem is that we are more dependend on the weather then in a city, 'cause the city has always ways to spend time inside, but the beach would give us more time together since the time travelling through the city falls away.
    I think through much time in more or less one place we would get more possibilities to mix the different groups.

Just an idea. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.