main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting - 2004

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by WhiteHorse, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Maybe we should plan the meeting of '05 for a very big cinema meeting. ;)

At last, in Spain, we are gonna do something for the first cinema show ;)

EDIT: Nice icon, WhiteHorse :D

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    And this page is getting an error... hope it is not continous. ;)

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    All the pages are doing this [face_plain]

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh! :eek:
    Haven't recognise that yet.

Then we have a chance that it is leaving soon. :) You know why I was afraid. ;)

But now lets get back to topic. ;) :)

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    FF Sweden would love to invite you all for 2005, and here you would all be able to see the film in english!

But I think it's definetly time to decide something about the summer. I must say that eventhough I would like to go to Spain I think we should keep the meetings to official FF chapters. It would be an extra perk for them, and also that way we could be sure to have people in place to help arrange things.

6. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Ok, I understand you perfectly when you say that you should go to a place where some people can take care about the stuff of the meeting.

I'm gonna re-iniciate my conversationes with people of Spain to (finally) create a FF, and BTW, some help would be cool ;)

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If you need help... as much as I can. :)

I think we need first all the people who are really interested in a meeting. And then a date when most of us have time for a meeting. :)

1. Who really wants to come to a meeting?
    2. Only weekend or more days?
    3. Which date?

8. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    The first fact is that Spain is big, and most of the people in the board are young (17-25), so, some of them doesn't have driving license (like me). Well... we're planning a meeting in Madrid to see the Episode III together.

Eneryone said "ok" to build a FF, but not too much of them would like to move 300 km (or more) to see other people of the internet.

For me weekends, except holidays, when I would be able to go anyday. This is my point of view, which I think the rest of spanish people share with me.

3. Which date?

Would be nice before summer, we're planning have two meetings and the last one... we have to think about it ;)

9. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    hmmm pirry, maybe I can help you?

Eneryone said "ok" to build a FF, but not too much of them would like to move 300 km (or more) to see other people of the internet.

They don't have to move 300 km to see others :) You can have meetings for at least 3 people, who can be at the meetings :) And they don't have to come to all the meetings :)
    (For example, if in Madrit lives 3 of Future FF Spain, they can have the first meeting, and the rest of SFF, don't have to come there :))

For me weekends, except holidays, when I would be able to go anyday. This is my point of view, which I think the rest of spanish people share with me.

These can be a few hours meetings as well :)

3. Which date?
    Would be nice before summer, we're planning have two meetings and the last one... we have to think about it

Don't think about it, just do it ;)

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    So can anybody tell me where will be the 2004 FanForce Europe Meeting??

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ups... sorry everyone! I was a bit in hurry, so missed to make it clear, that my last paragraph and the questions were only related to the FF Meeting 2004. :)

I am sorry to confuse you.

Manu, for you spanish FF: You still need at least three people and three meetings to become official.
    How long or what are you doing isn't really important. ;) :)

For our big European FF Meeting 2004:

I think we need first all the people who are really interested in a meeting. And then a date when most of us have time for a meeting.

3. Which date?

12. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    my last paragraph and the questions were only related to the FF Meeting 2004.

Sorry Sabine, I'm a disaster :_| ;)

Thanks Darth_Fizyk for your help! :D ;)

They don't have to move 300 km to see others You can have meetings for at least 3 people, who can be at the meetings And they don't have to come to all the meetings

I understand it clearly, but you know, FF is not only 3 meeting, what makes it different is that you make activities with the rest people of the FF, any kind of activities. That's what I meant ;)

We can easily have a meeting in seville of 3 people, and in zaragoza as well, I really don't know where we can do the last one ?[face_plain] ;)

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Start in a small scale, get the groups of people you know of to meet, and then try to meet each other. You have to get the ball rolling. :)

And for Sabine's questions.

1. I'm coming!
    2. I would actually like it to be a bit more than a weekend, last time it was really the saturday that we could use, because everbody had to travel on friday and sunday.
    3. For me the first week of August would be the best.

14. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hello Skiara. Hello Pirry (i like your avatar also ;) ).

I would, but since i'm saving money to buy my first car. I only can if Lisbon is picked. (But i guess that's almost everyone's main problem in going: money. Other than that, time.)

An extended weekend. 3 to 4 days. So that one can actually enjoy it. ..And not buring out almost all the time just checking in to hotel, and then packing out to the airport again. That's money badly spent. For just little more and 1 or 2 days vacation of the job, one can really enjoy and being worth every euro.

3. Which date?
    Near the ending date of the low season prices, just before summer months. :)

15. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Problem is with before summer months I would think that those in school will have exams

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Speaking from last year it seems as if the German school and universities don't finish until August. Personally I'm working from June to the middle of August, but it's no problem getting time off if I can say in February when I want my holidays.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You are right, Johanna! :) German university won't end till august.
    But for me it doesn't matter, because I'll finish my study in February. ;) :)

So...

1. I want to come! :)
    2. I am not sure, if I can get holidays. But if, I would vote for four (maybe five) days. :)
    3. Doesn't really matter (see above). ;)

18. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Pirry The problem with the meetings is only in the beginning but later on you will have no problems. First it was hard for us to make any meeting but then we started meetings and we meet every month :) There are at least 7 people from FF Poland and more from other Polish sites at every meeting. If it goes well we will meet at Alderaan 2004 in Summer in whole team :D

19. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Yes, Yes.. we will meet at Alderaan 2004, We will :D

20. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    I want but I need a good job before thinking of holidays

more days ;)

3. Which date?
    don't care, I'm not student anymore :)

21. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    I see Chimpo... thanks you :) ;) I will try to do this my best ;)

1.- I would like, but depends where it's gonna be, if it will be in Spain or Portugal, then ok, but in other places of europe... :(

2.- I really don't care, always if it's after June

3.- I will be free at July :) ;)

22. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I'm coming, unless it costs A LOT of money... :)

I'd prefer at least a couple of days. More fun, and it seems to me a bit of waste of money to travel somewhere and only staying a very short while.

3. Which date?
    I think any date will work with me, as long as it's picked pretty soon so I can plan the rest of the summer... :)

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Although I think (hope) that not everyone haven't posted here yet. The summary of the posts above says it would be the best to plan for:

- 4-5 days (including weekend),
    - August or September and
    - cheap.

Correct? :)

If that is correct, then we need a place. Any suggestions? :)

24. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I was going to save this as a surprise when it was ready.

But since you are already at this part of the discussion here it goes:

I already had offered lisbon has a host for 2004. Being that i would arrange and prepare everything.

More recently, I talked to Anya the co-CR of Portugal (soon to be the true CR, she's old enough now). And she supports the idea.

Doesn't end in here.

Having this support, 1 week ago I started preparing a site wich will be the candidacy of Lisbon/Portugal for hosting this event. I'm doing so in my "free" time so it's not ready yet. Only Anya has seen it and knew about it.. till now :p

So, Lisbon (Lisboa) is going to post his official candidacy later on in the future days. My suggestion to the other candidate cities is to do something similar. So that ppl here get better informed of the choices and can choose better.

Hugs to all.

25. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    White's been working hard to find only the BEST of BEST in Lisbon... If I didn't know the city already I'd fall in love with the pictures alone. :D

I'd love to be able to attend this year's Europe meeting, but like so many around money is a big problem... :( So if the meeting is held in either portugal or Spain I'll be able to attend, elswhere it'll be more problematic... Depends on how much it takes to get me there and back again. ;) As for dates, july/augost/september is fine with me, since I won't have any exams during those months.

If the meeting comes to Lisbon, I probably will stay where most of the visitors stay (the Youth Hostels being the cheapest "recomendable" places available) since it'll be easier for me and it's the best way to spend time with everyone.

For those who have to take an airplane in order to get to wherever the Meeting ends up taking place, the best way is to travel over a saturday... At least it's cheaper. Departing and arriving on a saturday cuts prices dramatically... But not everyone can stay a week abroad. :(

I'm sure that was discussed for last year's meeting in Paris, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.