main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting 2005!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Enji, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    yeah, after the lasergame we went to the hostel (you all needed a shower ;)) and then ... umm... something...

it wasn't that night we went to see RotS, was it?

check the dates/times of the pictures :p

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Yeah well, but RotS was after the dinner, Senny dear. ;)

I don't think we really did anything between the lasergame and the dinner.

3. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Nina! Johanna!

God, it's sooo beautiful!
    I'm so so sad that we didn't make it to Milan last weekend... :_|
    But Berlin was nice, too. Maybe I have to change my mind about it a bit ;)
    And the pics... I know where I want my next vacation to be! MICHI!!!! *hint,hint,hint* :p

It's so so beautiful. Ask Michi I nearly screamed. It's so much Star Wars. Looks like they didn't have to change much for the film. I'm going to download the pics and transfer one of them to my PC at work. :D
    And I love the Naboo ducks!! ;)

Oh, by the way: Welcome back :D ;)

Manu, I'm so sorry but I can't be of any help for you and the report. I don't even know which day we arrived without checking a calender :p

4. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Nina! Johanna! Welcome back! [:D]
    And thanks a lot for the post card! Just recieved it today (well, it might have arrived some days ago - have been at Glenn's all weekend...)

Ok, I've done a brief diary of the meeting - just wrote down what I remember.
    Please excuse my bad English in this, I feel that some of it sounds awful..

Well, here we go:

Tuesday, August 2th, 2005

I arrived and stayed in Uppsala all day with Nina, Johanna, Kee and Carole. Spend the evening watching a movie with Nina (after making cookies and muffins with her and Johanna.)

Wedensday, August 3th. 2005

We went to Stockholm to meet with Senny, who had arrived late the night before. We went walking around the city a bit and had a great lunch. We then had to meet up with Jule and Michi at the station. There we had to wait for Kee and Carole too, who were late. Johann was there too.
    We then got Jule and Michi checked in at the hostel. We then did some more walking about and finally it was time to pick up Matt and Anthony at the train. We had dinner at the same place where we had lunch ? the very cool big place...
    After dinner it was time for the Uppsala people to go home and the rest of us (that is to say Jule, Michi, Matt, Anthony, Senny and I) went to the hostel where we chatted for a couple of hours.

Thursday, August 4th, 2005

First official meeting day!
    We met up with those who were not staying at the hostel at around 9 (can?t remember the time).
    At the station we met up with a lot of Swedish people, and then took of to a park, in which we spend some very fun hours. We played Kubb, the quite fun Swedish game where you have to throw some wooden sticks at some other wooden bricks (hey Manu, don?t hit the King!! :p ) and the game with all the names that we had to explain?
    We had a nice lunch in the park, including the muffins and the Death Star Cookies?
    Then it was time for the Laser Game! We were divided in two teams, most of us on Red Team and some in Green Team (which also included some Swedish people we didn?t know). Then is was War! The Red Team was crumbling under attacks of the ruthless Green Team. There were heroes on both sides. Evil was everywhere?.
    In the end, Green Team conquered the hard fighting Red Team.
    After the very fun Laser Game, we decided that we?d better buy something to eat for breakfast. We invaded the nearby supermarket and thereby returned to the hostel with our newly found supplies.
    We did not have much time, as we had to go out for dinner. We went to a Chinese place and had a quite good buffet (well, almost everyone had the buffet..) Then it was time to go back and dress up for the big event of going to see The Movie! I believe quite a lot of people looked very strangely at us as we approached the theatre ? don?t think the expected to see costumed people?
    It was wonderful to watch Ep. III together, all dressed up and stuff.

Friday, August 7th. 2005

This was the sad day for me, as I had to return home :?(
    We went to Gamla Stan, where we visited a museum with lots of old (and some newer) clothes of the royals. When we went out again, there were horses all over, which was a part of the changing of the guards at the castle ? wonderful (have I ever mentioned that I love horses?? :p )
    We then went to see the church and the statue of St. George (that was it?s name, right?).
    It was lunch time and we went to Sten Sture to eat. It was a very nice place.
    When we were done, it was time for me to go get my luggage and leave for the airport. It was no fun at all to say goodbye to everyone and it was really hard to see everybody waving to me from the station as the train left?.

Someone else will have to write for the last days, as I obviously can't....

Feel free to add what I might have missed....

5. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Camilla, I hope you don't mind I will do my own report. It is gettin really long, so I better separate it in days ;)

Hope you people like it!

6. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I don't mind at all, Manu - in fact, I'm looking forward to read yours...
    Am especially interested in the part from the days I missed....

7. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Unfortunatelly, those will be the last :( I'm on the first days and well, it takes time ;)

8. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Ok, here comes the two first days. Sorry for grammatical mystakes, I didn't even have time to re-read it. Hope you like it.

First day.

Actually, my first day wasn't really part of the meeting :p , I just arrived too late for checking in the hostel and Nina was waiting me at the airport, and she was there with a lightsable, of course :p We took the bus to Uppsala, to her home, since she was going to let me sleep there that night :D We met Johanna somewhere in our way (I don't know the name of the location) and so on. Later we arrived (finally!) at Nina's house and we were talking a bit about Star Wars, C3 (=P~) and seeing the EP III art of revenge book (also called the SPOILER BOOK) :D We went to sleep and we had to wake up around...5 ?

Second day.

Yeah. 5 in the morning. Crazy people! I didn't even know how I could get up, except for the detail that Nina call me thought a nice "toc toc". Nice, but a strong one :p . So, we got moving quickly for taking the bus to Stockholm. We met Johanna at the bus station. The trip was long so I decided to uhmmm.... sleep :p We got the hostel after waiting a little bit in the bus station and there I met all the people. All of them, yuuuuuahhh! I mean, seeing again Jule and Michi was so incredibly exciting, and meeting that people, with who I have been speaking so much time before this moment. Then, just check in and leaving there all my stuff. After that, we began to move towards the train station for meeting all the Swedish people, while Nina was our guide. More people to meet! :D Actually, it was hard to speak... since EVERYONE seemed to be shy!!! But that feeling didn't get much longer. So, after knowing Fred was in STOCKHOLM and somehow, making him find the way to the station, we moved towards a nice park, where the ?picnic park and much more things? were waiting us.

Oh, the picnic, what can I say? We just got there and the Swedish girls took their ?lightsables? and well? this?

See, see Johanna?s face

Jule is crazy! She wants me death!

But It was amazing. We began to play the ?Kubb? :p I would like someone from Sweden to explain it, I don?t feel that capable to explain the rules, mostly because I don?t remember them. The true important thing is: you have to throw little wood sticks to others that are in the opponent side of the game area, and there?s one just in the middle called ?the king? that can?t be touched. Never. If you touch it, you?.die. I mean, your team lose, which is pretty the same final effect. We?ll come back to this later, the thing is that Matt was released as a great player. After the game went on, both teams were fighting to win the clone wars until... Manu touched the king. And everyone screamed. And he felt like everyone in his team looked at him like if he were?Jar Jar. And he run away.

But it was really ok! I mean, fortunately I touched it with a kind of stick that doesn?t have any effect in the king. Or that?s what I heard, maybe one of the Swedish guys of the other team looked my running away and felt like? he could do something to change this ;) After this, we ate something and well?. It was a special lunch because two things:

Amazing Death Star Cookies

Huge Muffins [face_love]

And?later came the game of the hat, yeah. Everyone had to write 4 papers with name of famous people and in put them in the hat. So, the purpose is to make the other people of your own team know who is by different kind of descriptions. One member of each group had to t

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for the short report, Camilla. And after reading Manus FirstDayPost, I'm really looking forward to the long ones now. ;) :D

That's a really great one, Manu. [face_laugh]
    And with all the links it gives us a better idea and feeling how it was. :D
    But I miss pics about the laser game. Arent't there any? :(

Now I'm looking forward to your next report and to you explanation. ;) :D

10. Vader_Darth

Vader_Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Skiara: I don't think there are any pictures from when we play Lasergame but i'm not sure.

Manu: The water was from Norway ;)
    Hmm, i think it was me that was nice and said that about the "king" when you hit it.
    It was fun to read and i'm looking forward to the other parts.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's sad. But thanks for the information, Vader_Darth. :)

12. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Well, it's a bit hard getting pics from the lasergame, since we're all just running around in this dark place and if someone was to take a flash photo everyone would know where that person was an, well, shoot him. ;) Besides, no one has any time to take pics.

I loved reading the reports, both Camilla's and Manu's! So great reliving everything, although now I miss the meeting more than ever. Come back! :_|

Just one thing... Johanna did not impersonate Dormé, it was Versé... the handmaiden no one has ever heard of, which kinda explains why no one could guess it. ;)

13. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Dormé...Versé...one of those :p

Esister, call Vader_Darth--> Crazy Fred :p ;)

14. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I've actually written a fanfic about Versé, long ago. It's here on the JC, somewhere...

15. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    I should write a fan fic about the european fan forcers in the star wars worlds...

Uhmmm...

16. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I did a thing like that, but with just the Swedish people. In fact, I really ought to write a new chapter on that fic.

But you write a fic like that! It would be sooooooo much fun to read! :D :D

17. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Yeah, it would be great... If I had time.

Maybe soon... if I feel bored! :p

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ah, thanks, Manu. *remembers crazy_fred* :p

19. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I loved reading those reports, folks!

Manu I'm looking forward to the subsequent days! They'll be fun to read. ;)

20. Vader_Darth

Vader_Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Hmm, so i'm crazy Fred.
    Yes i think so !!! :D

21. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Course you are, you crazy Dane! :p

Ehm. Johanna disappeared. Maybe I shouold go look for her, but I think she's chasing the librarian. She's a bit upset at him.

22. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I think I still/ again want to know what that one FanFic about Obi-Wan in your notebook was [face_thinking]

23. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I kind of want to know, but part of me is a little scared at the thought...

24. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I can tell you.. you REALLY don't want to know!!!!!

It's not JC friendly.

25. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    ... although that has not stopped people before. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.