main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting 2005!

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Enji, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Not as weird as Swedish! :p

*makes plans of checking traveling prices*

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I try to attend, too. But I probably can only come for the weekend... So please don't have still fun then. ;)

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I already said I'd come and that hasn't changed. And I won't allow it to, either.

Trouble is, spoiled and anything but stingy as I am, I'd still greatly prefer a real hotel, instead of "just" a hostel. One or two others might do the same.
    The only real trouble is to find a decent one that's comparatively close to wherever we can meet up, or at least with easy/ quick enough means of transportation to there....

oh, and...
    "but whether it's going to be Monday to Friday or Wednesday to Sunday I haven't really thought of... what do you want?"

I think it really ought to be Wednesday to Sunday - what with ^certain people only being able to come over the weekend.
    is Monday to Sunday an option? ;)

4. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I'd prefer Wednesday to Sunday, too.

Great Camilla :D

My brother would like to join in, too. He is silv_rieekan on the boards and he will be with us at C3. Just to let you know ;)

Well, Senny... ;)

5. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Well, if anyone absolutely wants to come for the whole week I'm sure we can make arrangements... ;)

But I think it's best if we plan for Wednesday to Sunday, since I don't believe most people can be here for a full week. Or maybe you can and I'm just wrong. ;)

Senny, if you'd like a hotel instead of a hostel I can look into that a bit. There are after all far more hotels than hostels in the city, so there shouldn't be a problem finding one close to the centre and stuff. Also, Stockholm has a good public transport system, so it's easy to get to places. Might be a bit more difficult to find one that isn't too expensive, but I'll see what I can find. :)

Flo, it would be really terrific to see you, if "only" over the weekend... [:D]

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    You're great, Nina. [:D] You put so much work into it and help everyone so much. :)

Just had to say it... [face_blush]

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Sabine, you're just too kind... [face_blush]

Senny, I've been checking, and the Zinkensdamm Hostel actually have a hotel part as well. If you'd like to live close to the others but still in a hotel that might be an option... :) Zinkensdamm

Otherwise, here are some links to some hotels that are located pretty close to the centre...

Adlon (sadly, the english version of the homepage doesn't seem to work very well...) - Very close to the central station.

Aldoria - not very far from the centre, but in a different direction from the Zinkensdamm Hostel, so if you want to stay near the people there this might not be the best chose. Otherwise it looks fine.

Best Western Hotel Terminus - Just across the street from the central station.

Best Western Wallin Hotel - Five minute walk from the central station

Columbus Hotel - Located on Södermalm, the same island as Zinkensdamm Hostel. Looks very nice, although expensive.

Den Röda Båten (The Red Boat) - Looks pretty cool, nice location

Frey's Hotel - Also close to the central station (my, almost all hotels are!), they have a nice bar (my brother used to work there. :p)

Gustaf af Klint - Hotel and hostel on a boat. Not expensive. :)

Hotel Bentleys - Looks nice.

Tre små rum - A very small hotel, just seven rooms... looks really cute. Located on Södermalm.

Tre hotell - A link to three hotels in Gamla Stan (The Old City), a very charming area.

Vanadis - Pretty cheap. Located on Södermalm.

I hope you'll find a place that you like and that will not ruin you... hotels can be very expensive. ;)

8. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    What a list?! :eek:

But that would be great if you could stay at the hotel part, Senny. Not so far away from the rest of us ;)

//EDIT: I checked the webpage of Zinkensdamm again because I wanted to check the bed /room availability for august. But it seams this function doesn't work or isn't available in english... I think, I defenitly have to start learning swedish :p
    Nina, would you mind checking it again, please? I know, you are already pretty busy with the meeting but if you could find a few minutes? I'm a little worried because we haven't booked anything yet that's why I'm asking. [face_blush]

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome, Nina. [:D]

When I see everyone planning the meeting...

...I would like to join you so much. :_|

10. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Sabine if your future job won't give you a few days off we could take you as a hostage and "force" you to come with us. So your employer can't blame you... :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist :p

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can make at at least for the weekenend :)

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That would be a great idea. :D ;)

Thanks, Jule, I hope it and with a bit luck I will manage it somehow. :)

12. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The Zinkensdamm website says that during the summer, some of the hotel rooms will be available as part of the hostel (I'm assuming this means they would be at the hostel prices too). If we could get a few of these rooms then that would be great :D

Thank you for all your help Nina :)

And wednesday-sunday would be my preference.
    Or dare I suggest Thursday -monday??
    That would give people who can only attend during the weekend more time and getting back home on a Monday would be a lot easier then on a Sunday (for me at least ;) ).

13. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Matt, Wednesday till Monday sounds like a good idea. But I fear it could be dificult for my brother to get free from work for two half weeks... I will ask him and let everyone know.

Sounds like there isn't a great difference between the hostle and hotel rooms :confused:
    Maybe it's better if someone with better english or swedish than mine cares about the reservation... :p

14. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Jule :)
    And if getting two half weeks proves difficult, then leaving on a sunday is still fine with me. I'm not even sure how dom's holiday system works so it might not be pratical for him either.

I don't think there is much difference between the hotel and hostel, other then the hotel rooms having their own bathrooms.
    I would attempt to see if they have rooms available for August, but I would just be guessing what the words meant so it might not be the best idea ;)
    Still, could be funny if I did try.... :p

15. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Oh, thank you very much for that list! I was just kicking myself in the butt for still not having looked up anything myself, and tend to forget to check in here [face_blush]

Anyway, the prices are okay, I guess. It's something around what should be expected.

And Zinkensdamm having a hotel part, too, is pretty damn convenient. And, unlike the freaking Bentley, affordable :p

When staying Wednesday to Sunday, it's two weekday nights and two Weekend nights, right? Gotta calculate correctly ;)

16. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I've found out that it'd be best for me if we could avoid saturday (have to go to my cousin's wedding) but if it can't be avoided, then I'll try to attend some other days. (just have to be back in Copenhagen at 12 (midday) on saturday).

17. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    For me, seems impossible to attend this time, folks :( I'm so sorry, but things to do this summer are more and more, and I really don't know If I'll have time.

Although, there's time left, let's see what I can do ;)

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Beside of the problem of having enough money I got another problem: My grandpa's birthday is on the 6th of August and I don't know if I can miss it.

Just some information about someone who would really love to come, but can't say anything yet.

19. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Manu, I said it before and I will say it again you have to come!!!
    It would be soooo great to meet you again. And the meeting will be half the fun without you.

Yes it was my intention to flatter you :D :p

Hey maybe we really should start playing lottery not only talk about.
    The official German lottery's jackpot is 15 Million Euro this weekend. Would that be enough? ;)

Sabine you could try to attend wednesday till friday. At least a few days... :)

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If I win the lottery or get solved my money problem in another way, I will think about this. :)

But if I get it solved the problem could be that I have a job then and can't take some days off.

But we can hope... :)

21. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    I would like to come too but I have money and parent problem. And I don´t like boat trips and flying costs even more... Though Sweden isn´t very far from Finland.
    But the parent problem is going to last until I move away from home. And thats in very far future!
    Marmida

22. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Sorry to hear that Marmida. But I'm sure there will be a next time ;) :)

Sooo, should we reserve hostle? :p
    I know I asked you Nina, but I can guess how stressed you are C3 just around the corner...
    What should we do about that? Volunteers, one pace forward! ;)

23. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Any news?? :D I've made bit efforts to try to attend. And seems I might be able! :D

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You will be there, Manu? :eek:

That's... that's... meh... unfair... I want to be there, too. :_| Now even a bit more than already before. :_|

25. pirry

Jun 20, 2002
    Won't you attend it? :eek: C'mon, that can't be true. No please, you have to come Sabine, what would be that withour my e-sister? You're a way closer to Sweden than I am! Please come!

That would be so so so unfair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.