main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Europe Meeting 2009 in Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Obi Anne , Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    As said in the earlier thread the only one who has agreed to help and host the FFEM 2009 is Qui-Gina_Jinn from Denmark.

So this is the official thread to start planning, the first thing we need to decide is when to have it. Most of the meetings have been held in August, since that seems to be the best for everyone. We also need to decide for how long we want to have the meetings, it has been everything from a weekend (ok the first meeting in London in 2002 was just for a day) to 5 days.

I want to go to Tivoli. :)

2. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    What about a "longer" weekend with arrival on Thursday evening/Friday morning and departure Sunday evening/Monday morning?

How is the weather in August in Copenhagen?

And what is the Tivoli? Sounds Italian.

3. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Tivoli is a classic amusement park in central Copenhagen, just opposite the main train station actually. I would also be happey with a longer weekend. Thursday-Sunday would be nice.

4. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I have no plans yet for the summer, but I *think* that August would be best for me, so I'm all for it!

I want to go to Tivoli too, I haven't been there since I was a kid! Great place.

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just got a sneak peak on my schedule for August and I'm going to be have the 13-16th of August off, what do the rest of you think about that date?

6. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Lol, Tivoli it is then! :D

Sorry for not posting here sooner!

I really look forward to welcoming you all to Copenhagen :)

August you say?
    That sounds ok for me - though I might have to leave you on your own for most of the friday.
    I have to go to school....

But so far, there's nothing in my calender for those days, Johanna :)

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So it's settled then?

If we decide on that weekend I can go out and advertise a bit in the other forums and see if people will get more interested.

8. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    I'd say fine by me :)

That gives me plenty of time to ask for a day off as well ;)

Now I just hope that people are able to come there... [face_praying][face_worried]

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've posted about it all over Europe, hopefully people will notice it.

I also made a big post about all the previous meetings, but I just managed to deleted it and I just don't have the energy to redo it at the moment.

A lot of pics from previous FFEM meetings can be found here

And here's a list of the previous meetings:

2002 - London
    2003 - Paris
    2004 - Lisbon
    2005 - Stockholm
    2006 - Berlin
    2007 - London
    2008 - Düsseldorf

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not sure I can go, but I'd like to. I've just looked at travel and hotels, it'd cost at least £220 for the weekend (getting there the day before and leaving the day after). Does anyone know which hotel most people will be staying in?

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    We haven't gotten as far as hotels yet.

Camilla, do you have any suggestion on a good place to stay?

12. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Jun 2, 2003
    Well, I don't normally stay in hotels in Copenhagen ;) :p

But I will do some scouting and see what I can find.
    I know of a hostel, but let me see what I can dig up :)

It might not be until after the weekend though - I'm rather busy....

13. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I'm happy sleeping anywhere as long as I get a bed. And preferably cheap. I don't have any money. :p

14. Na-heela

Na-heela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2007
    The German Speaking FanForce will be represented by Ben_Stormrider and me, Na-heela, which is to 90% sure! I should be able to get off and Ben's got off University around that time anyway.
    We found a hostel and will book this weekend, arriving 14th in the evening and staying til either Sunday night or Monday morning. So ... count on us! Will be great to see y'all!

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That's really great news!!!!

I've been thinking and would suggest this as a plan for the days:

Thursday - people who arrive early can meet up and do something
    Friday day - Visit some famous place/museum/something in Copenhagen (by ourselves since Camilla is in school=
    Friday evening - Tivoli!
    Saturday day - take a trip outside Copenhagen, Camilla really needs to help with an idea for this though. In Stockholm we went out into the archipelago and in Berlin we went out to Potsdam over the day
    Saturday evening - a meal somewhere together
    Sunday - something soft in Copenhagen so that people can leave when they have to for the airport/trainstation/other means of transportation.

16. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Tivoli has free concerts most fridays in the summer - well free once you have payed entrance to Tivoli that is.
    On that particular friday N*E*R*D is playing but of couse the rest of the garden is open as usual if you don't care for the music.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sounds like a great plan. :D
    Just one thing though, can someone make sure that the eating places have vegetarian food?

I'm still not sure I can go, but I've not had a holiday in years, so I'll have to ask my parents. [face_thinking]

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for the double post but I forgot to say something. If anyone is interested I can knock up some Pazaak decks. It's really easy to play and it's a Star Wars game. :)

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That sounds like something we could do if we have some kind of picnic or so on Saturday.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So how many people are actually coming here? Me and Berg from Sweden have bought our flight tickets for Thursday-Sunday in Copenhagen.

I've checked things to do, and I would recommend buying a CPH-card. A 24 hour card costs 225 DK and gives you free public transport, entry to a lot of museums and entry to Tivoli (which in itself costs 125 DK). I would suggest buying one of these CPH-cards on Friday, and then we can go around to museums that sounds interesting, and finish the day at Tivoli.

21. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I still think I'm coming, although I'm not sure I can join you on Friday... we'll see.

22. Enji

May 14, 2002
    I'm sorry everyone, but I won't be able to join you... one of my best friends is getting married, and has chosen this particular weekend. So no Copenhagen for me, unfortunately. I hope you have fun without me! :)

23. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I don't think that I'm able to come, but I wish you all a lot of fun and a good time! :)

24. Darthana

Darthana Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    I'd love to come as I never visited to Denmark before, but I got a new job and possibility of getting days off are practically days off are 3720:1.

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    These are what we have talked about so far.

Friday
    I think it will only be me and David from Sweden there on the day, but at 17 we can meet under the big clock at the central station. Then we can spend the evening having fun together.

Saturday
    Camilla (Qui-Gina_Jinn) has suggested going to Roskilde and the Viking Ship museum, that will give us a chance for a nice little daytrip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.