1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Fanforce Graphics: Opinions/Ideas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    This thread is for ideas retaining to the w.a graphics on the header.

All Submissions are welcome from anyone that wishes to put forward an entry.

Submissions for graphics close on the 23 of april. Voting will take place shortly afterwards.

Best of Luck to everyone.. and may the best design win :)

EDIT:

jedicouncil-top.jpg - main graphic I think The force.net and jedi council, plus fanforce western australia .Dimensions are 764 X 109.

jedicouncil-topback.jpg - This goes behind the above mentioned one .It Needs to be tiled, so the picture will repeat it self. 109 pixels high, no width restrictions.

jedicouncil-left.jpg - The image that goes down the left-hand side of the screen and fades to black. Your image also needs to fade to black. Dimensions are 31 X 305.

jedicouncil-curve_forum.jpg - The curvey bit that joins the left side image to the title graphic. Dimensions are 60 X 76.

ad_left.jpg - The image that sits to the left of the advertisement banner. No dimension restrictions here, please keep it less than 80 pixels high.

ad_right.jpg - The image that sits to the right of the advertisement banner. No dimension restrictions, Please keep to less than 80 pixels high.

forums.jpg - The pic you see on the "Post A Reply" page. Dimensions are 540 X 123

edit: Closed due to things that are not allowed on the boards.
  2. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think it would be best to wait till all ideas have come in before we vote on keeping a jawa in or not.
    If you want to submit a header with a jawa on it that's fine and it's also fine if you don't.
    Please try to keep this thread to ideas ONLY.
  3. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    To save people from working their butt off on an idea that might not get the vote, I'd be happy to vote based on rough designs. Then whoever gets voted can do a good quality version of it. I won't be doing one myself so it doesn't matter much to me but I figure that will make it a bit easier for those who do, and it should mean it won't take as long to get submissions. Don't know about everyone else, but I'd hate to see a lot of good work go to waste. Come to think if it, if we get several that are really good, we could use each of them and change them from time to time.
  4. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah thats a good idea actually, atleast if we use everyone's idea, everyone will get their chance to put their graphics up there and it will keep it looking fresh. Seems fair yeah.

So there you go kiddy's, group effort from all, no excuses. :)
  5. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thanks soneil...that's a great idea.that way there's imput from everyone :D
  6. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    With all your skill we shall expect great things from you then SK.
  7. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, if he starts now, he may just get out a cool EP3 banner in time ;)
  8. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    SithLeia
    Date Posted: 3/25 6:07am Subject: RE: Fanforce Graphics: Opinions/Ideas - Date Edited: 3/25 6:08am (1 edits total) Edited By: SithLeia
    I think it would be best to wait till all ideas have come in before we vote on keeping a jawa in or not.
    If you want to submit a header with a jawa on it that's fine and it's also fine if you don't.
    Please try to keep this thread to ideas ONLY.

I think the idea of this was so we don't end up with, as SM called it in the Two Towers meet thread "a pissing contest"

9. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    *Passes a shiny apple to the hall monitor*
  10. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't talk; Grizz - look what you did to my work thread.

Anyhow, as far as graphics, I was going to work on a graphite comic style illustration, in SW style. I'll get to work on that, and post the progress.
  11. SithLeia Jedi Youngling

star 4
    *takes shiny red apple from hall monitor* [face_devil]

Just remember this isn't a contest of who is better,everyone's work is equal :)
    Please try to keep this thread on topic as this is important.
    To The people involved this is a warning,to anyone else thinking about pulling anything like that..will also result in trouble.

If any anyone wishes to discuss this, please PM me.
  12. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    In the meantime, anyone feel like whipping up one with an easter theme for this weekend, just for a change? If so, email it to me and I'll put it up for a couple of days. ;)
    Assuming no-one objects that is.
    I can just picture something like the death star decorated like an easter egg but I'm not artistic enough to actually do it. :)
  13. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I think instead of the Jawa, we should have a Tusken Raider in the banner somewhere. Just my opinion
  14. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  15. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know how to create one. I was just throwing ideas around for other people to use
  16. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Or just Hayden...Anakin was from the outer rim ;)
  17. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Less talk and more work people. Just remember if you come down hard on me about my graphic skills, I'll be on you like a ton of bricks. I'm waiting anxiously for your contribution Jedi-Aztek and others. ;) Remember, my work is also original. Oh and for the record, I'm not about to design anything for this place, not when people here can't appreciate it. Atleast I have more time to work on my fan film now. :)

Back to work, move along... ;)
  18. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  19. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    I usually try to stay out of this sort of stuff, but this is beyound a joke.

SK, everyone was justified in thier anger towards you. And last time I checked, no-one complained about your graphics skills. We came down on you because you promised to deliver something important and then didn't.
    YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO!!! TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT AND MOVE ON!!!!

Your work is original. Whoop de do! So are a few of my stickmen drawings but you don't see them getting any attention do you.

I for one am glad that you are not submitting anything, because first, your submission would be after the deadline, and you would whinge and complain about how life isn't fair, until it got accepted. Then it would take another 6 months for us to see the finished product!

So yes, you go now and work on the fanfilm that has taken you even longer than the advertising to get around to doing.

And what the hell is it with you and " ;) "
    If you put that after any of your snide remarks it doesn't disguise them or anything.

DS........ signing off.
  21. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    All I'm saying is it works both ways. I never asked for those comments above, you people started it, infact its the same people everytime, you think about that.
  22. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    Because they are the people ballsy enough to go againt the grain and speak thier mind!

I never overlly vocalised my dissapproval of your lack of enthusiasm and committment, but by the gods, I was feeling it!

I am speaking up now, because you don't know when to drop something that you were the cause of and everytime it starts up again, it is a stupid comment BY YOU that initiates it.

I am sick of the bull**** that keeps getting flung around so just drop it already. You stuffed us around, deal with it and move on!
  23. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Bored at work again, obviously [face_plain]
  24. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm talking about this comment above:

JA: With all your skill we shall expect great things from you then SK.

and this comment:

SM: Hey, if he starts now, he may just get out a cool EP3 banner in time.

So don't tell me I don't know how to drop something because I was trying to get along when these smart remarks came up!
  25. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    hey, you never included my wink smiley in my remark, I thought that meant that whatever I post is not to be taken seriously? a friendly jab perhaps? No? Oh well, one rule for some as they say...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.