main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Fanforce Graphics: Opinions/Ideas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    So there you go kiddy's, group effort from all, no excuses. :)

Don't try to tell me you didn't post that in reference to your previous effort (or lack thereof) on graphical issues for OR. [face_plain]

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Now thats the sort of comment I would say. Sorry but I didnt relised you meant it in that way. Sorry SM my mistake, its JA that won't drop it.

3. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    SG that was harmless, I never meant it in the way you thought it meant.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't see whats wrong with his post either, hence why I responded to it the way I did.
    But you must admit, with all your boasting of your graphical skills, we would expect something special from you.

Can we get back on topic now?

5. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I don't have to prove myself to anyone. I know the quality of my work, I also expect JA to drop this little game of his where he can follow me around and comment that he wants to see some superior graphics flying out of me. I don't ask for him to be on my back like he has been, thats history now move on. So yes we should move on...

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, I for one totally understand his concerns,as I understand your need to have the last word, so please, after your next post, lets get back on topic.

7. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
  8. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Yes can we please move back on topic

9. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    I got bored and thought I'd start the ball rolling with this.

If anyone wants to fiddle with it (and I think its in dire need of some fiddling) you can grab the photoshop file from here.

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I like it Dingbat, has anyone else got anything. If not I think this would be a good one for the easter weekend perhaps.

:)

11. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Ahhhh! Just realised I had deleted my unflattened version of it instead of deleting the flattened version of it, and that the version I uploaded in the .zip was the flattened version! Doh! Guess that means people can't fiddle with it as much as I hoped people would be able to. Anyway, the only thing I can see that needs desperate editing is the "Happy Easter!" text on it and that doesn't look too hard to edit out and replace with something better.

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Hehehe, that's hella cool! Simple, amusing and funny! Well done Dingbat! :)

Hang on, isn't "amusing" and "funny" the same thing? Oh well... I know what I meant... :p

13. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I like it. Any objections to putting it up? If not I'll change it with SithLeia's approval.
    (The files are still on my webspace so I'll need to be the one to put it up until that changes)

14. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    Thats great DingBat...
    Put it up!!

15. SithLeia

Oct 16, 2001
    Yep.. put it up :)

16. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Kewl, and my favourite kind of egg :)

Well done Dingbat, amazing the quality of the work turned out by ppl who don't boast of their skills all the time :)

17. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Noooooooo!!! Don't put it up!!! The text looks horrible! I was kind of hoping that someone would say "heh, nice idea but that text sucks" and replace the text with something a bit better. But seeing as no ones kind of done that I quickly whipped this up.

It's still not that grate in my opinion but better then the previous one. If you think you can do better grab the photoshop file from here and edit to your wishes (and hopefully I've got he verison with the layers intact this time).

That's about it from me, I'm leaving for Bali early tomorrow morning so I won't be able to do much to it. Anyway, its there for you guys to do what you want with it. Please, feel free to edit it if you think you can improve on it (or heck whip up something better if you think you can do that too).

And thanks for the positive response to it ;)

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Dude, it's the only thing anyone's contributed so far :)
    Have fun in Bali...

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I liked the other one better, the cheesy font made it! Hehehe... But hey, the second one is still pretty funky too! :)

20. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Well of course you like the other one better, it would be too simple if everyone just agreed ;)

I do like the cheesy font idea, but the old font looked more lame then cheesy. If someone thinks they can do something cool with the text PLEASE DO SO!!! Heck do anything you like with it, play Photoshop Tennis with it if you want!

And I think I will have fun in Bali, I'm meeting up with an old friend there so it should be good fun, provided my stash of creme eggs doesn't melt in my suitcase.

21. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll put up the second one without modifications. I think it's fine as it is. I'll put the usual one back up on Monday unless we've got a new one by then.

22. SithLeia

Oct 16, 2001
    Just a friendly reminder.

3 weeks from today, the submissions close :)

23. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I Might try something with a tusken raider theme ok?

24. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Sounds cool JD!

I've got a couple of ideas myself but need to find a place with some good source graphics to use. Either that or I'll have to get out my dad's clunky old scanner.

25. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    OK I've done a sample banner which does not contain any of the text. Click Here to view the sample banner. Please let me know what you think. I'm only a beginner at this and I'm not really sure what people want to if you wish to use this template and make a better banner, go ahead I don't mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.