main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Fanforce Graphics: Opinions/Ideas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    Hey, that looks sweeeet! I like!

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    What does everyone think? Pretty good for my first time DingBat?

3. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Meh, I'd do something, but right now I feel ... less than motivated. [face_plain]

4. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Yep, seeing Jedi Daniels has definately decreased my motivation to do something of my own ;)

5. Sith-Gecko

Jun 26, 2001
    No, more a case of the fact that this place has lost it's shiny funness. So I can't be bothered contributing to somewhere I no longer get pleasure from.

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok here is the updated banner that contains the text. Please let me know what you think. Click here to view the image. Feel free to edit the template if you want.

7. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Okay here are my suggestions:

1) Increase the font size a bit and move the text over to the right a little bit. There's just too much blank space between the text and the second tusken raider.

2) Increase the spacing between the letters, the text just looks too cramped. This will also help fill up the space.

3) I don't like the colour that much... can't think of another colour that would be better though. Maybe try playing around with transparency or outlines.

4) Another thing I noticed is that the backdrop looks a bit dull colourwise. It might be an idea to increase the saturation or something like that to brighten it up a bit.

Anyway, those are just my suggestions, hope you find them somewhat usefull.

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I certainly like where it's heading, but I'd agree with Dingbat's suggestions. The text also looked a little fuzzy to me.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I will experiment with it tomorrow.

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Today I will be experimenting with my banner design to make is brighter and not so dull and that the Sand People match in with the background. It will be uploaded tonight around 9.30pm.

11. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Thats pretty good Dan, but I think it needs something more, maybe it is Just because the text is missing. I dunno

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok I've uploaded 2 new versions of the banner that I have fixed up. Click here and here to view them. Please let me know what you think and forward your ideas.

13. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    The First one of those two was not bad, but still needs to have the text moved to the right a bit. And I don't know about hose background colours.

14. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Of those two I prefer the first. The text in the second one looks a little too compact but it seems about right in the first one.

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    OK I will re-do the first one again and move the text over to the right more. Do you think I should put a sun in there somewhere using a Lens Flare?

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I wanted to do one looking like Sith Magician's GM screen thing for the Star Wars RPG, but I couldn't find a pic of it anywhere on the net to show anyone what I mean (I've asked SM to scan it for me, so I'll upload that later), but yeah... That's my idea... :)

Failing that, I had an idea of doing something similar to this but with Hayden instead of the unmasked Vader...

So yeah, those are my ideas... :)

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok try the second link again on my previous post. I've moved the text over to the right more.

18. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    First off, Jedi Daniels revised submissions. I like the text in the first one better, but I like the positioning of the text better in the second one. I'm also a bit iffy about that revised backdrop. Anyway good, job, keep it up.

Second off, a submission of my own. You can check it out here. It didn't turn out as good as I thought it would, but I still think it's kinda funny.

If you want to fiddle, revise, fix up, mutilate, destroy, or redo it, you can grab the photoshop file and source images from here.

19. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    PML!!! That's a good one Dingbat :)

20. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Jedidaniel: I agree, the first one is better.

Dingbat: haha , I love it :D

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Dingbat, I love it!! But I think you missed the "p" off "presents" :)

I'm still working on mine at the moment... :) I hope I get it done in time

22. Sith-Gecko

Jun 26, 2001
    Dingbat, I love it!! But I think you missed the "p" off "presents"

I dunno, maybe it's more appropriate ... ;)

23. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Yeah the 'P' missing from 'Presents' was originally a typo. When I saw my typo though I couldn't stop laughing and thought it would actually suite it better. ;)

24. BoNgSaBrE

BoNgSaBrE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2002
    OK then, I have never been much of a graphic artist, but I am rather happy with my attempt... here it is.

I would also like to congratulate Dingbat for that impressive effort.... I haven't laughed that hard without being stoned for quite a while.... :)

And to JD, yours is progressing very nicely, I can see I am going to have some tight competition.

BoNg On! :cool:

25. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    FA, I had a dig thru the Wizards site and found the site of Drew Struzan, the artist who did the gm screen. He's done some amazing stuff :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.