main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Fanforce Graphics: Opinions/Ideas

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I will continue to improve mine. I might add some lens flares in the background to represent the two suns on Tatooine.

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    All this confirms my initial idea that rotating them on a fairly regular basis would be a good way to show several banners. I'd like all of them to be up there at some point.

3. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    soneil, I think that's a good plan... If you were going to ask me to vote for the one I liked best, I'd be stuffed! :)

4. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I like that idea as well Soneil :)

5. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, here's my attempt.

Thanks heaps for scanning the GM screen for me Sith Magician!! :)

6. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    There all nice.. :D has anyone got ideas for the the post a reply ..when you post your reply that pops up.
    is it on the default one(JC) at the moment soneil..?

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Yeah I do, here it is...

8. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    ohh very nice..i have the same pic as my winamp skin

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    There's never been one for the reply or the ones next to the banner ad. When I first did the ones we've got I didn't know about them. When I found out about them I couldn't be bothered. ;)

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Well I made an image for all the stuff that was listed, if you want to check them out you can download a zip file from here. :)

11. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    I made up another banner. I don't like the text on it much, the Star Wars font I've got isn't that great, does anyone know where to get a better one?

Anyway, if you want to make changes to this one the photoshop file is here.

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    You can grab the fonts that I (and I think Soup) used from here.

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Your latest banner Dingbat looks really good. I'm impressed.

14. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    Glad you liked it Jedi Daniel. I've got a revised version of it right here.. I redid the text with a much better looking Star Wars font (big thanks FaLLeN-AnGeL!). If anyone wants to make their own changes to it feel free. You can grab the photoshop file from here.

Speaking of FaLLeN-AnGeL and editing, she's also given me permission to post this. Which is my edited version of FaLLeN-AnGeL's post reply picture. I really liked hers so trying to do something different seemed like a waste of time, instead I just made a couple of small changes to it which I think look little a bit nicer.

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I like it. Pity the picture of Hayden wasn't facing the same way as the other two. Maybe you could add in the unmasked Vader there too.

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I kinda like it with Hayden facing towards us, it's a kinda past present and future kinda thing (obviously) but with the present being the major focus what with the upcoming movie etc... But that's just my interpretationish type thing... :)

EDIT: BTW, what does everyone think of mine? I mean, I kinda would like feedback... :)

17. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    I have to agree with Soniel on this. I think it would look better with Hayden facing to the side. Unfortunately I couldn't find a good picture of him facing to the side and I don't really want to look any harder for fear of comming across a spoiler of somesort.

I'm not a big fan of unmasked Vader, while I love Vader, unmasked Vader just looks ugly. I was thinking of putting the ghost of Anakin in there somewhere. Of course if there are any unmasked Vader fans out there, feel free to stick him in (and if you find a good sideways looking Hayden feel free to stick him in also).

As for Fallen-Angel's, I think increasing the size of "Jedi Council" would look a bit better. The space where the text is looks a little sparce at the moment. Also anyway to have the GM's Screen images bigger so we can get a better look at them would be good because that artwork truely is excellent and in the current version we don't really get a good look at it. Maybe just show a close up of part of the picture, like the Vader/Anakin transition or maybe just use one side of it. Anyway, those are just some ideas.

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, here's a version with bigger text... Unfortunately, I can't make one with bigger pictures coz they won't fit in if I do, or they will become pixellated... I'd rather not cut it down after all the trouble Sith Magician went to scanning it for me, and I think using only one side of it would make it look a bit silly. I can, however, join the two back together, which you can see here. And just incase you can't be bothered scrolling up a bit to look at the original, you can see it here.

19. Dingbat

Nov 10, 2001
    I think the enlarged text looks better. I also really like the one with the two sides joined together, I think that one looks really nice.

20. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
  21. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I think what Sal means is that it's not the right size proportionally ... she'd have to cut out bits to make it fit.

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Griz - the link you posted isn't even the full version of it, it's missing the very ends of it.

Gecko - yeah, that is exactly what I meant. Thanks... :)

23. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Actually the link is the full version of the original artwork, as it is on Drew Struzans website and the Core rules book cover. The 4 characters on the ends of the GM screen are tagged on from images in the rules book, which are the generic images for the Soldier (masked dude), Scoundrel (Twi'lek),"Bal Serinus" Dark Jedi (GM NPC) and "Kira Lar" Rebel Soldier (GM NPC).The CRB interior artists are listed as Andrew Robinson,Corey Macourek,Daniel Veesenmeyer,Doug Gregory,Lucasfilm Ltd.,and RK Post, so I'm not sure as to who actually drew which characters.

24. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    But Griz, FA asked for the full version of the GM screen not the original artwork, so technically it isnt the full version.

25. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Actually, she said one looking like the GM screen, but that's really neither here nor there...

Personally, I wish they hadn't put the extra characters on the screen, cos the 2 different art styles clash badly IMO. I think the character drawings would look good as the bookends on the "Post a Reply" page tho, cos by themselves, they're pretty cool, but tagged on the ends of the screen just doesn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.