main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/Jedi Council Official Party - Thurs Aug 12 @ 6:30 - PARTY FAQS incl. SHUTTLE INFO POSTED!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    1AM

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Guh, never mind then. Can't really work around that.

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Dajuan, Do you need us to pitch in to help pay for the room?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You know, Star Tours at Disneyland won't be closing until October. Just saying. :p ;)

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Probably, but let me narrow down the choices first. Ticket sales will go pretty far toward paying for the room :)

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Already went there a few weeks ago. ;)

7. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    shame it clashes with the disney event

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Not for me, Id pass on a Disney land ride even if I wasent going to the TFN party.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Eh... it's a theme park trying to squeeze the last trickle of revenue out of an aging ride before *gasp* reopening it. I don't see the big deal. I can go on aging theme park rides any time, but I can only go to the C5 TFN party this once.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    100% agree , See ya there Mara.

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Obviously we have no idea exactly what all will happen at the Disney event, but it sounds like you guys are missing the fact that there is much more planned than just a chance to ride the ride. I'd skip it too if that's all it was.

I'm hoping to figure out a way to hit both events!

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I also agree with this statement.

To me the endor thing just sounds like ride the ride, see some fireworks and party at Disney. I can ride the ride on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday whichever day I decide to go to Disney. And then I can see the fireworks pretty much every night from the place my group is staying. I'd rather have a chance to hang out and meet people from TF.N that I've spent the last 10 years posting with and getting to know. But that's just me.

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I can go, if we get our contract, I'm sure I'll just be working the peak hours events.
    I'm already going to Disney SW weekend the 3rd week of June.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Alas, I'm only a brainwashed promoter of the evil Empire in fictional universes, not real-life theme parks. :p

15. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Seriously, I hope the Disney thing is worth it. If not, we really only loose 75$, and a few hours at CV, which, I am actually more excited about the Disney thing so it doesn't bother me to miss CV.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Again, Disneyland's ride won't be closing until October... [face_whistling]

17. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I think that ST at WDW is closing in October as well. I couldn't find an exact date on my Disney site that I go to.

But as for me, I don't think that I'll spend $75 for the Disney party. While I have gone to another special party that Disney put on (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) and had a blast, I only paid $54 for that one.

But it does sound fun, but the JC party will probably be better, and cheeper.

Of course it all depends on what my roomies are going to do.

18. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    What is up with all the "Last Tour to Endor" bashing going on here? The folks who want to attend the FanForce and TFN hooplas will attend those parties. I just don't see the need to disparage those of us who choose to go to Disney World that night.

At least get your facts straight. There will be an event-only fireworks display that we don't know anything about, other than its name, "Symphony in the Stars". There may be shows in the large amphitheatres located around the Star Tours attraction, such as the theatres for the Indiana Jones stunt show and the American Idol Experience. And there will almost certainly be exclusive merchandise for the event. This is NOT "Come ride Star Tours for $75".

19. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    What is up with all the "Last Tour to Endor" bashing going on here? The folks who want to attend the FanForce and TFN hooplas will attend those parties. I just don't see the need to disparage those of us who choose to go to Disney World that night.

At this point in time, no one can gauge which event is more significant than the other.
    Everyone has their own agenda when it comes to making choices. For some, monetary means is not an issue, while others are tightening their budget just to experience it all.
    For those who chose the FanForce/Jedi Council Party, well, that's fantastic also!
    If we are ALL true fans, let's share our experiences no matter which event we decide to attend.
    I just hope that it doesn't turn into an "us against them" mentality.
    I'll get off my soapbox now . . .

20. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ^ Hear, hear!

So, you'll be the really sweaty guy, huh?

21. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree.

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Us against them!! Us against them!!! Us against them!! Woo Hoo!! :D

23. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm taking the last tour. Am I US or THEM? As you can see I'm easily confused. [face_blush]

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Getting party details finalized now. We should have tickets on sale early next week!

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There really hasn't been any bashing in this thread, just people stating their opinion on which event they wish to attend. But either way this thread is for discussing the TFN party, not the Disney event. Please direct any Disney discussion to the Disney thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.