main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/Jedi Council Official Party - Thurs Aug 12 @ 6:30 - PARTY FAQS incl. SHUTTLE INFO POSTED!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Late is perfectly fine :) We will likely be there until they kick us out!

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Have you guys figured out what we have to do to do the double ticket thing? I already have my Fans party ticket paid for but may want to add the TFN one now too.

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I talked it over with my friends coming along and we decided to come to the party ,but it wont be till 10 o'clock or so because we have much invested in the other party were attending at the same time. But I will be there . Thanks to Dejuan for the email.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Guys, Dajuan isn't joking about the "'til they kick us out" bit. Last time we were constantly being ushered out of the bar and pool area at the Fig, and one evening were told by the cleaning staff to vacate the lobby lounges at 3am. So don't worry if you can't come until later.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, it'll be $50 to do both. Either email me or Josh (or both) to let us know. We'll coordinate on our end to work out the money.

6. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Awesome. Will do.

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Oooh, not good for me. This conflicts with my Thurs plans now. I have some rearranging/replanning to try to do.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I love you guys, but I'm leaving the party at 10:30 to go see Scott Pilgrim at midnight.

9. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Sorry, can't make it.
    Was invited to "The Tilted Kilt" on Thursday from the 501st Kilt Trooper Brigade.[face_flag]

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Can't make it either. :(

We already have dinner reservations at Epcot on Thursday night and we plan to spend the rest of the night hanging out at the park till they close at midnight.

11. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Yeah, same here. I already have plans made. If they did it on Friday I possibly would have gone.

12. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'll be at the party.
    I'll look into buying tickets to Last Tour at Endor now guys...Thanks!

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sigh, we tried to find a day with no conflicts. Unfortunately there's just no perfect day. But at least the change seems to have pleased more people than not. Ticket sales shot up today :)

14. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I plan on going to the party, also very happy its in the same place that I got my room at. So no worries for me I'll be there til its all over or what not. I just don't see myself going to the other one especially after a drink or two,hint,hint.:D =P~

15. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    I bought my ticket for both parties. Cant wait!

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Also, as I'll no longer be trying to swing this and Last Tour to Endor in same night, I can likely help on set up and break down.

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Just like to add something to what Dajuan has said on this. Now, people here in the thread have been good about it, and we realised all along that there was going to be a few people that the change would affect because of clashes with pre-arranged plans.

We knew all along about the ForceCast party and I can't begin to describe the sheer amount of effort and headaches trying to find the best solution that created for Dajuan. We were lucky that the Opening Ceremonies won't clash with the timing of our party. Yes, there is a little bit of a clash with the Fan Movie Awards ceremony, but that only goes until 9pm so you can still make your way over for the second half of the party. There are obviously going to be some other personal plans people have made in the meantime too.

For those that the change causes problems for, all we can do is say sorry about that. It wasn't done on a whim, and frankly if it hadn't been because LFL asked us and were providing assistance with doing the re-arranging then we might have just gone on. We started planning for CV back in September last year (hell, a small group of us started planning over drinks while CIV was still going on), we chose the Saturday night back in December and announced it as soon as the bookings were made for the venue.

But the unfortunate reality of any convention is that there are going to be some things that you want to go to that will clash, and you have to make the best of it. It's disappointing to have to make the choice (and sometimes you'll still be wondering about the choice afterwards) but at the end of the day it's about having a fun time no matter what you end up doing. For those that do come to the party, we hope you really enjoy all that we have there for you. For those that can't, we'll still be doing other less formal events throughout the weekend anyway so just come and see us at the FF/JC/TFN table and have a chat with those of us there, and get the details on what we're planning for that night so you can still catch up with the other people from the forums.

18. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Well said, Dingo. You've won the "First drink is on me" raffle...:)

19. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Long time lurker, first time poster ;-) I don't think I'll post that often here, as I have a very busy life and I'm already posting over at SW.com forums (not too often though), but still thought I good idea to register... especially just three weeks before CV!!!!! I'm excited!

So done registration, posting and bought ticket to the party... all good to go. I might leave around 10:30 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. and I'll be careful about my all-nighters if any.... I was exhausted after CIV. Happy I can attend the party as it no longer conflicts with The Last Tour to Endor which I'm attending as well.

Humm.. Can't wait to taste the famous Celebration drink! I didn't know about it ;-)

20. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Its a shame that we couldn't combine the parties. I mean the Forcecast IS THE OFFICIAL PODCAST OF THEFORCE.NET! No brainer.

BTW Dajuan, do we have a microphone for making announcements? I recall at C2 at the 501st party, they didn't have one and no one could hear what was being said.

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We're working on getting a mic. As long as it's not too expensive we'll have one :)

22. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I have a mic and an XLR cable, although nothing to plug them in to. Maybe the room has XLR inputs in the wall that go to the soundsystem. If not, maybe whoever is providing the music has the capability for a mic input.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The band won't be there for the whole time is the only issue. We're looking into what and how much for mic and other audioviusal equipment. All of that will be in my next email to the resort. Some one has also suggested we talk to a local guitar center or the like to see if they would rent stuff like that out.

24. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    How are we on ticket sales? Are things looking okay to cover the expenses?

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Things are looking quite good at this point. :) Also, it sounds like we may be announcing a few more confirmed Star Wars celebs in the very near future.

And as Dajuan said, we're still working on the A/V equipment. We have a few different options we're currently looking into. Of course, if anyone out there has the means and would like to provide some or all of this equipment for the party, please contact me. The items we need are a PA system with mixer and a couple mics, a video projector, and possibly a large screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.