main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/Jedi Council Official Party - Thurs Aug 12 @ 6:30 - PARTY FAQS incl. SHUTTLE INFO POSTED!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    How about talking to some of the 501st people and see what they are doing for their party? If someone is bringing any of that, maybe we can borrow it from them. Just a thought.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Favor, if you're planning on attending please order tickets before Monday morning. Our food order is due Monday and I don't want to over/under order food. Even if you plan to pay at the door a quick email saying that's your plan would be greatly appreciated. Right now we are just shy of 200 people attending (celeb guests and paid tickets together). This is going to be HUGE!

3. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Who needs the 501st and their little party? :-D.

4. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    Alls I know is that I'll be there, ready to relax and have fun.:p What a first day to start the con off.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll be there for a little bit. I got the dual ticket for the ForceCast party (Thank you Dajuan for that option!), so I'll be there before I run off to the other party. I'm going to be busy!

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Skinnee, you made my day with that comment. You really did :D

We got a lot of orders yesterday, yay! I think I finally cleared out my inbox this morning so everyone should have heard back from me. In a few minutes I'll be posting another update with more celebs and activities!

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh my gosh! Got all the raffle items together last night as well as pictures, working on the descriptions & getting them into a document of some kind so we can show them off.

One more X-wing to get out the door this AM for s65horsey and I'm done w/ all 10, never doing that again.

Can't wait to meet as many of you as possible, in the past we were always in costumes or in the room changing, this con we are taming it down :D

8. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    Yes, you responded really really quickly to my e-mail, which is cool considering how extremely busy you must be. All the work you've put into the party is definitely appreciated. I'm really looking forward to the party because I know it will be great!

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, I have a question...lol.

I would love to attend, however I need to know pricing here. It would be myself, my hubby and our three kids...5,4,2. Do I have to pay $150 for all of us, or only $60 for the husband and I. My kids will prolly make me bug out within the first hour...lol.

Thank ya!

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Depends on the ages of your kids. :)

Tickets for kids are $25 for ages 6-12, and kids under 6 get in free with an adult.

11. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Very cool then.

My kids are all under the age. They did not need a CV ticket either. Great, that saves me a bundle! Thanks!

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Perfect! When you order your tickets, just make sure you tell Dajuan you will be bringing your kids so she has an accurate head count.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    What Grimby said :) We have started to add some more kid-friendly things to our activities list. We have a make-up artist who is doing face-painting and temp tattoos. Adults have to pay, but we're going to give the kids a $5-7 whatever on the house. Mom and dad are welcome to upgrade that if they wish ;)

Kina, my goal is to respond to emails within 24 hours of receiving them, if not sooner. People are often wary when sending a stranger money (rightfully so) and I think a quick turn-around puts them more at ease. Plus I have the world's greatest crew helping out with things so it's a lot easier and more enjoyable :)

A few minutes ago we officially hit the 200 people mark. [face_dancing] :D :cool:

14. Stargirl1977

Stargirl1977 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    Wow! Sounds like it's gonna be a great time, I applaud all your hard work and planning to make this all possible.=D=
    Looking forward to the party! [face_dancing]

15. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Received your e-mail about my tickets. Thanks a lot for being so prompt, I really appreciate it. Really looking forward to it.

16. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Hey I'd love to attend the party...it would be my brother and I. Will there be a spot to give money to you down there? My wife is very pregnant...so there is a slim chance she might have it early...resulting in our not attending cv...

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There will be tickets available at the door. If you could drop me an email with your and your brother's names I will put you on the maybe list. jedidajuan@gmail.com

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ticket sales have been absolutely booming today!! We're just outside of 250 people...

19. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    That's awesome! I look forward to the party. Good times will be had by all! Thanks, Dajuan.

20. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Wow. Not to mention that we have to consider that some people will may walk up and buy tickets in the hall. Should we cap the attendance or do they really have enough room for everyone? What kind of capacity do they have?

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It sounds like they could accommodate us even if we had a thousand people. However, if we had even half that we'd need to reconsider some of the arrangements like the sound equipment and food, which is not something we can realistically do the day of or the day before the party. So we'll need to have a realistic head count ahead of time, which could mean putting a cap on the attendance at some point.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We're just outside of 300 people attending. This is going to be big!

Food has been ordered, but we can update the order closer to the event. We may not get exactly what we ordered but it will be something. Here's what I ordered:

Balsamic Fig and Goat Cheese Flat Bread
    Mini Pizzas
    Swedish Meatballs
    Veggie Spring Rolls
    Chicken Tenders
    Mini Cuban Sandwiches
    Veggie Trays
    Fruit Trays

The goal was to have something that would appeal to a wide variety of people, including vegetarians and vegans. Hopefully I succeeded.

We should have another update with new Celeb guests some time this afternoon.

23. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly when I ordered my ticket. I accidentally deleted the email that had my ticket number, but I'm assuming my name will be on a list somewhere so I'm not worried.

This is going to be great!

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It is on a list, but if you email me again I can forward the number to you. No big deal :)

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Finally got around to ordering my ticket a few days ago- looking forward to it. :)

Is there wifi access there, btw? Only asking cause my only mobile way of e-mail/web access while at the con will be through an ipod touch.

(come to think of it, as an aside- does the convention center itself have a wifi hot spot too?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.